Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost like whatever's going on with her in this time frame...Lucas is like a mirror of what's happening with her?

Wow, that is so true. A complete psychological break into madness ?

What is “dv” you mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that is so true. A complete psychological break into madness ?

What is “dv” you mentioned?

DV = Domestic Violence

And yes, I'm considering psychosis, but not in a way that her reasoning and responsibility are diminished.

As someone who is from Kansas and whose kids were all born in Kansas, they don't require a paternity test if the father is there and acknowledging paternity. But if the father is not there they won't put him on the BC but you can use the fathers last name for the child. It's weird.

IMO it’s super strange to me that surname can be whatever the submitting parent wants. I remember debating between my family name and my now husband’s for our first child but settled on his even though my paternal side of the family would have been thrilled for a male child to carry on the name. It took longer than any of them liked for us to tie the knot but 19 years later we are happily married.

Completely OT but one of my high school friend’s mother took she and her sister to the clerk’s office get new names the day after her divorce with their dad was final. They all chose new first names and new completely and unrelated surnames.

i know its a typo and there is nothing funny about this case, but I literally LOL'd when I read that OJ had nothing to do with it. Thanks for that brief bit of levity.
I thought the same thing..."OJ never gets in trouble for anything!" [emoji6]

Just thinking out loud...

I apologize. Not all unwed parents rquire paternity tests, just the ones requesting state assistance.
Colorado is the same way. If you request assistance, a paternity test is required, even if only the mother is requesting it. The state uses it in case there is the need to pursue the father for child support, to in turn offset part of the government assistance.

When EG was interviewed from jail about Lucas’ disappearance, she commented:

“...this is very painful that this is happening at a time like this, right now...”

Many have wondered what she meant by “a time like this.”

Well, EG is pregnant. I don’t know how far along she is, but she was pregnant when she smoked pot in the garage and when Lucas went missing. This may be why she was in the medical pod when she was first booked into jail.

THUD.

(Wasn't expecting that!)

(Eta: how did this not cross my mind?!? Maybe some of you wondered about it, but I certainly didn't, and usually that kind of thing crosses my mind...man oh man....going back to read!)

(I can just hear Maury Povich now: ( "JH, when it comes to.......")

I 100% do not get my information from a friend of a friend, for the record ;)

It's been yet another long, frustrating day. I think I'll put myself in time out [emoji172]

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

No need....I’ll go to time out for you[emoji8]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He knew she was pregnant and smoking pot and cigs while pregnant, driving his kids around while high, beating at least one child of his.... I think you may be over-assuming his protectiveness for his children, born or unborn. I tried to see him as a victim as long as I could.... I just cant anymore... Time to head to the pooping jogger thread....

It's taken me awhile to get here but I'm where you're at now and just completely beaten down with disgust. He is no better and maybe even worse for letting this happen to his own child. I'm done. If she walks and gets to keep this baby, I just can't even ... hugs to all and good night.

With past instances of dv and abuse, I would hope there would be mandatory paternity testing.

The way it works in Kansas is when the child is born to an unmarried woman, the alleged father has to sign a consent to claim paternity otherwise the father is left blank. If the father wants to be added he will either take a paternity test or sign that paternity affidavit. The only time a DNA test would be done is if no one will claim paternity, a mother is denying paternity or it’s order by the court to enforce child support.

Could they charge her with endangerment of the unborn child

Not really, but it will count against her in her Child in need to care case. I think it’s pretty safe to say that baby will be taken from EG at birth.

i know its a typo and there is nothing funny about this case, but I literally LOL'd when I read that OJ had nothing to do with it. Thanks for that brief bit of levity.

Man I needed that!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been wondering the same but they would have to be able to prove she knew she was pregnant at that time. I think suggesting her pregnancy might be why she was held in special quarters could indicate she did indeed know at the time of arrest. But is there evidence she knew at the time of Lucas reported missing?
I've also wondered if they might slap possession of an illegal substance on her and in the presence of a minor(s) she was responsible for. Maybe that all falls under child endangerment but I thought that was around driving her with her daughter while under the influence.

They can’t charge her for possession unless they catch her with it. It’s just another piece of the investigation into her fitness as a parent by CPS.

They have a child together.
I'm thinking this baby has a different father - cause something better might come along with it.
A user, who would now have control over another man that she might find, treats her as the queen she thinks she is.
Men and their children are just stepping stones for her.

I agree with all of the above.

But why would she get rid of Lucas if she planned to leave his father? I don't see what she would bother with such a risky action if he wasn't going to be around her anymore anyway.

Not really, but it will count against her in her Child in need to care case. I think it’s pretty safe to say that baby will be taken from EG at birth.

Because you can't keep a baby where shes going...*insert evil laugh* 🤞🏼
Ok, that was maybe a little immature and uncalled for on my part, but I agree and think no matter what, she's lost custody of all her children for good.

In light of insinuating there could be another man in the picture, maybe this baby isn't even going to be JH's child, and EG knows it. Not sure what that would have to do with Lucas...but perhaps she has been overly stressed, with knowing eventually the trust would come out, and she just broke under the stress, and poor Lucas got the brunt of the anger.

Someone that knows the law could that be an additional endangerment charge? The longer we can keep her behind bars the better

For the pregnancy? Not easily. Charging for drug use after the fact is very difficult. If she were on court orders to not do drugs or as a condition of probation, it can be introduced for those cases.

I apologize. Not all unwed parents rquire paternity tests, just the ones requesting state assistance.

The state does allow for someone to claim paternity by signing an affidavit of paternity. Unless it’s contested, then that’s when a court ordered DNA test would be ordered. In cases of seeking state financial welfare benefits, the parent has to say who the other parent is and if they are paying child support. Then the state will go after the deadbeat parent to reimburse the state and then set a child support amount. If no father is listed, the mother has to provide who the father is before she will get approved for assistance. If that father doesn’t cooperate, that’s when the DNA test comes into play.

I don't think EG was even taking a nap the day she reported Lucas missing. I think that was a ruse. She was probably cleaning, shampooing the carpets in her car, thinking, calculating, etc.

(Shades of Mark Redwine as I've mentioned before...)

Because you can't keep a baby where shes going...*insert evil laugh* 🤞🏼
Ok, that was maybe a little immature and uncalled for on my part, but I agree and think no matter what, she's lost custody of all her children for good.

Don’t care cuz I laughed out loud about that one! Thank you, it’s been a very long and frustrating few days, filled with drama that takes so much precious energy away from what we need to be focused, on finding Lucas!

Just a vent, nothing to do with WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members