Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it’s super strange to me that surname can be whatever the submitting parent wants. I remember debating between my family name and my now husband’s for our first child but settled on his even though my paternal side of the family would have been thrilled for a male child to carry on the name. It took longer than any of them liked for us to tie the knot but 19 years later we are happily married.

Completely OT but one of my high school friend’s mother took she and her sister to the clerk’s office get new names the day after her divorce with their dad was final. They all chose new first names and new completely and unrelated surnames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was strange too but I was able to do it. My kids father was deported back in 2008. This is why I lived in Mexico for a few years. I came back because I was pregnant and for the better medical care. I was so worried about my son having a different last name then his siblings and was trying to figure out a way to establish paternity from afar when my doctor told me that I could put any last name on the BC. I had to call vital statistics to double check and sure enough, they said you could put any last name but nothing under "father" unless the father was there. I sat there and wondered alot about ancestry after that. My mom claims she can trace our ancestors to the Mayflower but if anyone can pick any surname, I have no faith in that. Lol.

I agree with all of the above.

But why would she get rid of Lucas if she planned to leave his father? I don't see what she would bother with such a risky action if he wasn't going to be around her anymore anyway.

More child support for EG without Lucas.

Very sadly I am starting to wonder if EG wanted to totally sever the ties JH had to anyone other than her, with her new pregnancy being a precipitant.

There was a poster in another thread who said she had a degree/phd in the subject of dv. I think she said that usually it's about power, not anger, and that abusers generally know exactly how far they can go. I am scared that EG was making a conscious, or at least semi-conscious decision in order to sever the remaining ties to anyone other than her, the one-year old and the upcoming baby.

I would never have had these thoughts before the VDay info came out,and now the pregnancy info seems to be pushing things more in that direction.

EG seems to look one way in pictures up to about last November, and then after that she gets the hollowness in her cheeks and is looking ill. In the same timeframe almost the same thing seems to be happening in Lucas, he looks frailer and thinner in the face? It's almost like whatever's going on with her in this time frame...Lucas is like a mirror of what's happening with her?
You are so right with this post and it really puts things into sharper focus.
He does seem so frail and on the decline in the later shared pictures we have seen of him.
IMO EG is just so very wicked :(

If JO believed LH was being abused and the other family members believed so also why didn't JO see Lucas since Early Dec? Was there a pending case because of the altercation EG reported from the school scene?

I can't find a link right now, but I thought JO had seen Lucas since December.:thinking:
I'll try to verify this.
My heart continues to go out to JO as she is being scapegoated in so many unmentionable places and I don't like it at all. :(
:moo:

I can't find a link right now, but I thought JO had seen Lucas since December.:thinking:
I'll try to verify this.
My heart continues to go out to JO as she is being scapegoated in so many unmentionable places and I don't like it at all. :(
:moo:
I haven't been on here for some time but this morning when I read that EG is pregnant it changes the whole perspective. I think she knew and it intensified her resentment of Lucas in some way. It drove her to do what she did.

Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't know. Trying to figure out the mind of a person like EG is hard on a regular person's mind. I mean how can she stand herself? There has to be some real issues there. Narcissistic ones.

And to do that to someone else's child when you have a baby and are expecting another one!!! She was jealous of Lucas. A deep seeded hateful jealousy. Jealous of the fact that he even existed. That is the mind of a Narcissistic. Everything about him made her angry. My mother hated me that way. She hated the way I ate my French fries.

I don't know. Trying to figure out the mind of a person like EG is hard on a regular person's mind. I mean how can she stand herself? There has to be some real issues there. Narcissistic ones.

And to do that to someone else's child when you have a baby and are expecting another one!!! She was jealous of Lucas. A deep seeded hateful jealousy. Jealous of the fact that he even existed. That is the mind of a Narcissistic. Everything about him made her angry. My mother hated me that way. She hated the way I ate my French fries.

Morning to you AFTM.
Yes narcissistic mom's are really tough.
I do believe that EG falls right in line with being one.
She can probably stand herself because she inwardly feels justified in what she has done and doesn't likely feel any true remorse.
There's a deep hole in her psyche and her soul IMO and it scares me to think just what all Lucas had to endure at her hands.
:(

the pregnancy is still a wow for me but as ive been thinking about it, i keep circling back to the shape of one idea: all of these events unfolded bc EG wanted to create her ideal family unit. its strange to type that bc she is the opposite of anything maternal but in her own twisted & manipulative way, it fulfills what she needs in life:

1. it funds her lifestyle. without kids, how can she justify (not just to the government but to JH/a partner) staying home all day? the more kids, the more reasonable her justification. im not knocking any stay at home moms bc ik it is an incredibly admirable and hard job but like any job, you can abuse the perks and slack off, which is exactly what EG does.
2. it gives her purpose. even the laziest person needs this, even if its to justify to family & friends she's active. she also prob used it as a tool/way to paint herself as a victim to drug dealers/family etc (re "please do me this one favor, im so swamped"). another poster (sorry dont remember who!) mentioned she likes bringing the baby around like an accessory bc unlike Lucas, the baby is easy/can't talk. I totally agree with this - even though she doesnt know what it truly means to be a mom, she likes the idea of being one. same with being a nurse.

so with this in mind, imo, i am leaning toward this was less about her relationship with Lucas and more about JO & extended family for EG:
1. she knew JO & family were onto her and if the abuse reports continued, her stay at home mom lifestyle would be ruined and she could be facing serious consequences.
2. emotionally, she was sick of competing with JO/another mother figure in her dynamic. again, doesnt matter what JO/JH anyone does/says, anyone who has had a jealous partner knows that you cant convince a crazy person otherwise.

so, im now thinking she didnt care either way if Lucas was in the picture long term or not. I think if she could get JO & family out of the picture, she'd be fine to act as a "mother figure" to him bc she could do what she wanted with no questions and claim him as another kid she had to look after. At the same time, if something were to happen to Lucas, that was OK too bc JO & family would be gone. Either way, JO & family needed to go. If she were Lucas' primary caregiver, she could hold him over JH the same way she probably is doing with their daughter and imo, her plan with her unborn child. i think she tried something similar with the father of her first two sons but it didnt work out in her favor so moved onto JH.

my big question is what was her plan to get rid of JO: frame her for abuse? premeditation is starting to seem less far fetched with her planning harm to either JO or Lucas and blaming to frame JO. we know shes lazy so w/e her plan, it probably wasnt very well thought out - maybe she had ideas on how to do this and then something happened on Valentine's Day - weekend so she haphazardly put her plan into action?

the pregnancy is still a wow for me but as ive been thinking about it, i keep circling back to the shape of one idea: all of these events unfolded bc EG wanted to create her ideal family unit. its strange to type that bc she is the opposite of anything maternal but in her own twisted & manipulative way, it fulfills what she needs in life:

1. it funds her lifestyle. without kids, how can she justify (not just to the government but to JH/a partner) staying home all day? the more kids, the more reasonable her justification. im not knocking any stay at home moms bc ik it is an incredibly admirable and hard job but like any job, you can abuse the perks and slack off, which is exactly what EG does.
2. it gives her purpose. even the laziest person needs this, even if its to justify to family & friends she's active. she also prob used it as a tool/way to paint herself as a victim to drug dealers/family etc (re "please do me this one favor, im so swamped"). another poster (sorry dont remember who!) mentioned she likes bringing the baby around like an accessory bc unlike Lucas, the baby is easy/can't talk. I totally agree with this - even though she doesnt know what it truly means to be a mom, she likes the idea of being one. same with being a nurse.

so with this in mind, imo, i am leaning toward this was less about her relationship with Lucas and more about JO & extended family for EG:
1. she knew JO & family were onto her and if the abuse reports continued, her stay at home mom lifestyle would be ruined and she could be facing serious consequences.
2. emotionally, she was sick of competing with JO/another mother figure in her dynamic. again, doesnt matter what JO/JH anyone does/says, anyone who has had a jealous partner knows that you cant convince a crazy person otherwise.

so, im now thinking she didnt care either way if Lucas was in the picture long term or not. I think if she could get JO & family out of the picture, she'd be fine to act as a "mother figure" to him bc she could do what she wanted with no questions and claim him as another kid she had to look after. At the same time, if something were to happen to Lucas, that was OK too bc JO & family would be gone. Either way, JO & family needed to go. If she were Lucas' primary caregiver, she could hold him over JH the same way she probably is doing with their daughter and imo, her plan with her unborn child. i think she tried something similar with the father of her first two sons but it didnt work out in her favor so moved onto JH.

my big question is what was her plan to get rid of JO: frame her for abuse? premeditation is starting to seem less far fetched with her planning harm to either JO or Lucas and blaming to frame JO. we know shes lazy so w/e her plan, it probably wasnt very well thought out - maybe she had ideas on how to do this and then something happened on Valentine's Day - weekend so she haphazardly put her plan into action?
All of your thoughts are right-on in my line of thinking. I am going to now back up and re-read the entire thing because I speedread too much:blushing:.
Chi

When EG was interviewed from jail about Lucas’ disappearance, she commented:

“...this is very painful that this is happening at a time like this, right now...”

Many have wondered what she meant by “a time like this.”

Well, EG is pregnant. I don’t know how far along she is, but she was pregnant when she smoked pot in the garage and when Lucas went missing. This may be why she was in the medical pod when she was first booked into jail.

I literally can’t believe that I can believe this…

Isn’t it always this way? These “types” of women are the ones that become pregnant like it’s nothing. I’ve been trying since last summer… and nothing. Not even a hint of a pregnancy. I know, last summer isn’t as long as some others… but wow, it hurts to see this :(

Hoping for a less drama-filled day...but any news is better than none at this late point.

:worms::notgood:

Yeah... There has to be some kind of something coming our way, right? :( My god it's been too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldGef