VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes no sense, is totally implausible, and we have only the word of the VI as to it ever happening. To be more specific, I cannot imagine why some sort of organized criminals would send people to Virginia from the Caribbean to take photographs of Amy's family. It would be costly and risky, with no plausible payoff. I have a hard time believing much of what the VI has written, to be blunt. All it really speaks of to me is the desperation of a family that is struggling to come to grips with the fact that their daughter is dead.

Who said they were sent from the Caribbean? Are you forgetting that the group Amy is with has Americans involved in it?

I was thinking about the 100 witnesses today. I tend to think that it would be pretty easy for RC to offer a bunch of people money to say they saw Amy alive and well, so I have never put a whole lot of stock in that. I usually don't put much faith in eyewitness sightings anyway.

IIRC There is a quote that says her dad stated to the judge that they withheld the 100 eyewitness sightings of Amy alive and living freely because they felt it would jeopardize her. IIRC the judge didn't accept that excuse.

So it appears the family admitted withholding the 100 witness sightings.

It wasn't RC that stated they had '100 Witnesses'

But Royal Caribbean did refer us to a court order from 2000, when a lawsuit the family had filed against the cruise line was thrown out. The order says the Bradleys committed fraud against the court by not disclosing more than 100 reports they'd gotten of people seeing their daughter, in Curacao, after her disappearance. Many of those witnesses, according to the court order, never mentioned Amy being under any duress. Ron Bradley denies committing fraud. Court documents indicate the Bradleys held back that information out of concern that revealing it could endanger their daughter. The judge didn't accept that explanation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/10/wbr.01.html

Both lawsuits were dismissed in October 2000 when the trial judge found the plaintiffs had "perpetrated a fraud on the court" by giving false answers to the defense in depositions. Specifically, the court concluded the Bradleys had intentionally concealed the existence of over 100 witnesses who reported seeing Amy living freely and under no duress at various times after her disappearance.
During discovery the Bradleys had identified only three witnesses, all of whom believed they saw someone "looking like Amy" who might have been under possible duress.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040903105016/http://www.kayerose.com/Articles/articles40.html

It makes no sense, is totally implausible, and we have only the word of the VI as to it ever happening. To be more specific, I cannot imagine why some sort of organized criminals would send people to Virginia from the Caribbean to take photographs of Amy's family. It would be costly and risky, with no plausible payoff. I have a hard time believing much of what the VI has written, to be blunt. All it really speaks of to me is the desperation of a family that is struggling to come to grips with the fact that their daughter is dead.

Where is it said that people would have to be sent from the Caribbean to Virginia. For example, AAV has associations beyond the Caribbean (PB in Britain, AZ in Canada, that we know of). All it takes is a phone call to arrange.

I do not have trouble believing anything when it comes to possible involvement of any form of organized crime. I have not lived a "normal" life by any means. At various times I have peed off bikers, dirty cops, insurance companies, medical professionals. I know what it is like to have flashbulbs going off outside my window in the middle of the night and not knowing for sure who was behind it, but knowing it wasn't because of my darn good looks ;)

In fairness, I suppose it does sound incredulous to those who have never lived through such an experience, but perhaps it is hard to think outside the norm when our own lives are basically "normal".

Amy's case was the topic of this week's episode of "Disappeared" on ID. After 20 years, Amy's family is still looking for answers and for Amy.

Amy's case was the topic of this week's episode of "Disappeared" on ID. After 20 years, Amy's family is still looking for answers and for Amy.
I watched. Seems like they left a lot of details and sightings out of the show. Could have been a 2 hour episode. The Frank Jones focus is a waste of time at this point. I would have liked to have heard more about sightings in Barbados and San Francisco and more recent developments if any.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I watched. Seems like they left a lot of details and sightings out of the show. Could have been a 2 hour episode. The Frank Jones focus is a waste of time at this point. I would have liked to have heard more about sightings in Barbados and San Francisco and more recent developments if any.

That's interesting. I came away from the show believing that Amy didn't leave the ship alive. I didn't find any of the sightings mentioned on the show credible. Maybe there are some that were left out that would be more believable, but I'm very skeptical.

That's interesting. I came away from the show believing that Amy didn't leave the ship alive. I didn't find any of the sightings mentioned on the show credible. Maybe there are some that were left out that would be more believable, but I'm very skeptical.

The only one that seemed credible to me was the beach sighting because of the tattoo, but even that wasn't super convincing since they didn't interview the guy who saw her/the tattoo to get more clarification on exactly what he saw. The former navy officer's story about the brothel was convincing as well, I guess.

However, unless I'm just not understanding how balconies on cruise ships work, or what the rooms look like, I don't really see how she could have left that balcony after her dad saw here there without her family members hearing/seeing her do so, so I think she went overboard from that balcony. But why?

I firmly believe she didn't go overboard. The FBI knows much more than what they are sharing in my opinion.

The only one that seemed credible to me was the beach sighting because of the tattoo, but even that wasn't super convincing since they didn't interview the guy who saw her/the tattoo to get more clarification on exactly what he saw. The former navy officer's story about the brothel was convincing as well, I guess.

However, unless I'm just not understanding how balconies on cruise ships work, or what the rooms look like, I don't really see how she could have left that balcony after her dad saw here there without her family members hearing/seeing her do so, so I think she went overboard from that balcony. But why?

Maybe she got on the railing to get a better view of the sun rising or take a picture of the sun rising. It’s interesting how the dad all of a sudden woke up again and saw she wasn’t there. Maybe he heard her scream while he was deep in sleep and never realized that her falling is what woke him up again so suddenly.

I firmly believe she didn't go overboard. The FBI knows much more than what they are sharing in my opinion.

Not to mention she was also seen downstairs at around 5:00 a.m. with the guy from the band , can’t recall his name.

Where is it said that people would have to be sent from the Caribbean to Virginia. For example, AAV has associations beyond the Caribbean (PB in Britain, AZ in Canada, that we know of). All it takes is a phone call to arrange.

I do not have trouble believing anything when it comes to possible involvement of any form of organized crime. I have not lived a "normal" life by any means. At various times I have peed off bikers, dirty cops, insurance companies, medical professionals. I know what it is like to have flashbulbs going off outside my window in the middle of the night and not knowing for sure who was behind it, but knowing it wasn't because of my darn good looks ;)

In fairness, I suppose it does sound incredulous to those who have never lived through such an experience, but perhaps it is hard to think outside the norm when our own lives are basically "normal".

I haven't checked this thread in ages, and I'm not really sure what to think about Amy's disappearance at all, but the taking pictures of her family thing reminded me of a horrific episode of Locked Up Abroad that I recently saw. An American couple living in Mexico was kidnapped for money; but only the husband was kept. The wife was let go to raise the funds, and they kept him locked in a tiny box under horrific conditions, tortured, lights and music blaring 24-7. At some point, his captors went her house and took pictures of her and her daughter having dinner, just normal or maybe there was a man there, like a detective, and then they went back and showed him the pictures and told him, "See, she moved on, she's living her life, she's not even looking for you, she's in love with someone else, she forgot about you" and they made him write this horrible letter to her, saying the least she could do is get the ransom money or they were going to kill him.

So my point is, pictures of the family could be use to coerce the victim, tell her see - they're happy without you, they've moved on, no one is looking for you. That's what a lot of kidnappers do to their victims to get them to lose hope and stop trying to think of escaping. I don't know if that's what happened here, I'm just saying it's possible.

The FBI added a new audio on the 20 year anniversary of her missing date, seeking tips. There are some new age progression photos as well. Audio link towards bottom of page.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/amy-lynn-bradley

There’s unfortunately no new info., also of note the artists renditions of the two men seen with her on the beach are no longer posted there. Although I recall a year or two ago the red headed guy seen with her there and in San Francisco was arrested by the FBI , will have to go back and find that information.

Wasn't there also a lady on vacation in the Caribbean who went to the bathroom in a bar and a girl was in there and asked for help, saying she was Amy. Then a guy, or two, came in and dragged her off???

I want to think she fell or jumped off that balcony as that is most logical. But I suspect she quietly sneaked back out to meet up with that band guy and she got harmed. But if she were killed, how did they get her body off the ship? If she were captive and taken off the ship to be trafficked, how did the sneak her off the ship? If I were her family, I would have went out on deck and watched everyone and everything that got off the ship.

I recall the family had two cabins, no? She and her brother in one and the parents next door. But, last night, they made it sound as if all four shared one cabin. Unless they had balcony divider opened between the two cabins and could see the whole open balcony from each cabin. If two cabins, then Amy leaving could easily have happened without the parents noticing. Brother may have also went out to see someone. Or slept hard and didn't notice. Or didn't want to say anything. Could be Amy never came in that night like they said and by 6am they freaked. But they didn't want to say they didn't worry at first because this was 20 years ago and there would be judgement and stigma or whatever about them allowing their young daughter to be out doing who knows what. But I don't know. They are very descriptive about the brother and Amy sitting on the balcony and then seeing her there alone later.

Wasn't there also a lady on vacation in the Caribbean who went to the bathroom in a bar and a girl was in there and asked for help, saying she was Amy. Then a guy, or two, came in and dragged her off???

I want to think she fell or jumped off that balcony as that is most logical. But I suspect she quietly sneaked back out to meet up with that band guy and she got harmed. But if she were killed, how did they get her body off the ship? If she were captive and taken off the ship to be trafficked, how did the sneak her off the ship? If I were her family, I would have went out on deck and watched everyone and everything that got off the ship.

I recall the family had two cabins, no? She and her brother in one and the parents next door. But, last night, they made it sound as if all four shared one cabin. Unless they had balcony divider opened between the two cabins and could see the whole open balcony from each cabin. If two cabins, then Amy leaving could easily have happened without the parents noticing. Brother may have also went out to see someone. Or slept hard and didn't notice. Or didn't want to say anything. Could be Amy never came in that night like they said and by 6am they freaked. But they didn't want to say they didn't worry at first because this was 20 years ago and there would be judgement and stigma or whatever about them allowing their young daughter to be out doing who knows what. But I don't know. They are very descriptive about the brother and Amy sitting on the balcony and then seeing her there alone later.

No, they shared one cabin. Her dad said she came home sick after she partied hard with her brother Brad. Brad was the last one to see her alive on the balcony of their cabin.

I believe because she was noted as sick, she accidentally fell overboard whioe puking off the balcony.

I also believe that is why her dad work with a start feeling trepidation-- he heard her scream or hit the lifeboat below their cabin, but he was sleeping and disoriented when he awoke.

Her dad said she came to the cabin sick.

IIRC, Her family had her declared deceased by the courts in 1998-1999, so I think they are pretty sure she died on the cruise. They maybe want to keep looking though, just in case.

I often think about Amy. I hope the family can one day get answers. The not knowing has got to be the worst.

IIRC, Her family had her declared deceased by the courts in 1998-1999, so I think they are pretty sure she died on the cruise. They maybe want to keep looking though, just in case.

they had her declared dead within a year of her going missing? Odd that was never mentioned in the Disappeared episode. And also seems too soon to have that declaration but who knows.

That said, there is clearly a ton of reading to do if you've just found Amy's case from that recent episode (not directed to you H&M, but to the rest of us!)

I think about Amy all the time. More so than any case I have followed over the years. Personally, I think Vanished with Beth Holloway did a better job of this case. Disappeared never mentioned the San Fran sighting or the Judy sighting at all. I still strongly believe Yellow is a major suspect. I mean, how would he know that Amy was missing when nobody else did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa