OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian told his girlfriend the last time he spoke with her, that this was a good time for him to tell the guys about her.

I would really like to know if he did that, as it may shed some light on the situation, IMO, considering that it was after this that he slipped away from Clint and vanished.

With his cell phone then immediately going straight to voice mail when Clint called him.

It has always seemed to me that Brian was trying to lose Clint and Meredith that night. I will always wonder about that, and will always wonder why.

How long had Brian and Alexis been dating before he disappeared? The one part of Brian's phone conversation that seems off is him saying to her that this is a chance to tell the guys about her at that time. Wouldn't they have known Alexis and have met her long before this?

Unless Brian was planning to tell them about their plans to go to Florida, and for him to propose to her there? My understanding is that there is no evidence of a planned proposal. We don't even know if Brian purchased a ring. From what I remember, Alexis was not fond of Clint at all.

We need to find someone who was in the bar with Brian that night to come to our forum and tell everything about Brian's conversation and the people he encountered during that whole time. It would speak volumes about this case!

Satch

How long had Brian and Alexis been dating before he disappeared? The one part of Brian's phone conversation that seems off is him saying to her that this is a chance to tell the guys about her at that time. Wouldn't they have known Alexis and have met her long before this?

Unless Brian was planning to tell them about their plans to go to Florida, and for him to propose to her there? My understanding is that there is no evidence of a planned proposal. We don't even know if Brian purchased a ring. From what I remember, Alexis was not fond of Clint at all.

We need to find someone who was in the bar with Brian that night to come to our forum and tell everything about Brian's conversation and the people he encountered during that whole time. It would speak volumes about this case!

Satch

Yep I wondered about the too. He said that or "this is my chance to talk to the guys about you". Why would he need to go out to a bunch of bars to talk to his friends about her? I wondered if Alexis was mad about Brian going out and this was his excuse to do so. He called her at around 10 pm and left her a nice message also. I wonder if this was him trying to smooth things over with her if she was upset about him going out.

Then there was the comment by Clint that Brian was " doing his usual thing" and talking to girls. If I remember right didn't he get the phone number from one of the girls he was seen talking to? In an interview the Randy he made a comment that Clint said Brian could get mouthy when Brian got drunk. We need to take all this into consideration.

So questions that arise in my mind are, what friends was he going to talk to with about Alexis? Has there ever been anyone who has been interviewed that was friends with Brian other than Clint? Why did Brian get the phone number from that girl? What did Clint mean about Brian getting mouthy? I wonder if he ever gave an example to anyone? Had Brian ever gotten into a fight in a bar before and if so what was it about?

Satch

IMO, nothing seems off whatsoever about Brian wanting to "tell the guys about her." This, to me, is normal couple speak--something you say as a compliment to the other person (implying that you're excited to brag about the other person to your friends).

I think reading anything into that comment is a VERY big stretch at best, and at worst it's a distraction from other important points about that night.

IMO, nothing seems off whatsoever about Brian wanting to "tell the guys about her." This, to me, is normal couple speak--something you say as a compliment to the other person (implying that you're excited to brag about the other person to your friends).

I think reading anything into that comment is a VERY big stretch at best, and at worst it's a distraction from other important points about that night.

There's nothing wrong with that at all if they were a fairly new couple and he actually did talk about her to the guys. By all accounts all Brian did that night was bar hop and drink with Clint and later on joined Meredith. Besides Clint has there ever been any friends of Brian's that have come forward or that have been interviewed in any aspect?

There's nothing wrong with that at all if they were a fairly new couple and he actually did talk about her to the guys. By all accounts all Brian did that night was bar hop and drink with Clint and later on joined Meredith. Besides Clint has there ever been any friends of Brian's that have come forward or that have been interviewed in any aspect?

I appreciate that you are considering all angles, and I am not trying to be argumentative......but I'm not sure what you are getting at, and I don't think that the comment about talking to the guys is relevant regardless of how long Brian and Alexis had been dating. Even if they had been dating for a while, he could still be trying his best to be "sweet" by essentially saying he was going to brag about how amazing she was. He had attempted to call his brother to come out, so the brother could have been one of the "guys." He probably also wasn't sure exactly what other "guys" he would run into while out bar hopping.

Honestly, I doubt Brian put nearly the amount of thought into the comment that some of us are putting into it on this board.

I realize the nature of this case is inherently conducive to speculation, but reading into that comment is trying to see something that simply isn't there IMO.

That man in the photos looks nothing like Brian, IMHO.

I feel like there is so much information missing in the hours leading up to his disappearance. Things don't seem to add up. I don't know if his friends are not telling the whole truth, or if Brian was just being secretive, or LE purposely doesn't want a bunch of information out-and-about.

I appreciate that you are considering all angles, and I am not trying to be argumentative......but I'm not sure what you are getting at, and I don't think that the comment about talking to the guys is relevant regardless of how long Brian and Alexis had been dating. Even if they had been dating for a while, he could still be trying his best to be "sweet" by essentially saying he was going to brag about how amazing she was. He had attempted to call his brother to come out, so the brother could have been one of the "guys." He probably also wasn't sure exactly what other "guys" he would run into while out bar hopping.

Honestly, I doubt Brian put nearly the amount of thought into the comment that some of us are putting into it on this board.

I realize the nature of this case is inherently conducive to speculation, but reading into that comment is trying to see something that simply isn't there IMO.

Why you being so argumentative? lol I don't take it that way at all. Love to hear other peoples opinions. So here is what I am getting at. (hang in there) So I didn't know Brian and he really seems like a good guy but who knows what he was like especially when drinking.

So Brian did speak with his brother and asked if he would like to go out and he told Brian that him and his wife were going to a comedy club. I pretty sure that he told Brian that they would might meet up with him later. I remember his brother making a comment that he wishes he would have.

This wasn't a guys night out not that it had to be for Brian to talk to the guys about Alexa but as I said before makes no sense to say something like that. The night was about them going out to bar hop and drink. It was him and Clint and they met up with Meredith.

How many other guy friends did Brian have? Meredith from what I have read was Clint's friend. The only one that gets mentioned is Clint who from what is said is gay. Nothing wrong with being gay but one has to wonder if Clint wanted more than just a friendship. Nobody seems to like Clint but the way I see it is the snide remarks that Clint kind of makes about Brian is because he is a little perturbed about Brian talking to women when they go out.

So Clint said that he was known to talk to women, "doing his thing" as he puts it. Brian got a phone number from one of the 2 girls he was out in the hallway with, why? I mean usually the only time that a guy gets a phone number from a girl he just met is to keep in touch in some way. If he did get her number did he put it in his phone? Did she put his number in her phone? Did she ever try to call him?

If you watch the video again of Brian talking to the 2 girls if you look to the left of Brian you will see 2 guys talking. At one point one of them looks over his shoulder and back at Brian and shakes his head. I always thought this guy heard something that Brian had said and for some reason was a little bothered by it.

Now one has to wonder how many times Brian got numbers from different girls? Did he get on someones bad side? Maybe a jealous boyfriend? The only bar that is usually talked about is the Ugly Tuna. What about the other bars that they went to? Did Brian talk to any other girls that night? Did he get any other cell numbers?

If this was a pattern with Brian and according to Clint it was then it sounds like it's possible that Brian may have been sort of a womanizer. So let's assume that Brian did make it out of the bar that night alive, could he have been met by someone who he made enemies with?

So getting back to the remark Brian made. Try to imagine how this conversation came up. Alexis was going back home to visit her sick dog. This trip sounds like it was not a planned trip. Did the two of them maybe have plans to go out that weekend and she canceled them? This night out with Clint could have been a last minute thing because she went out of town. I'm betting Alexis was not happy about him going out. This is not surprising because she let it be known she didn't care for Clint.

Does anyone find it odd that Brian didn't go with her? Did Alexis ask him to go with her? If my fiance was driving to Toledo because she was upset that her dog might die I certainly would have gone with her. Now this is just me. What if she did ask him to go and he said well I was going to go bar hopping tonight and when she got mad about it he said well this is my chance to talk about you the the guys. Later on he left a message not to be sweet but to maybe smooth things over.

Just like almost anyone there seems to be IMO more to Brian than what is being said. I never believed that Brian disappearing was random. I think one has to try and get an understanding about all aspects about his life and what he was like not just the good things but the not so good also.

Why you being so argumentative? lol I don't take it that way at all. Love to hear other peoples opinions. So here is what I am getting at. (hang in there) So I didn't know Brian and he really seems like a good guy but who knows what he was like especially when drinking.

So Brian did speak with his brother and asked if he would like to go out and he told Brian that him and his wife were going to a comedy club. I pretty sure that he told Brian that they would might meet up with him later. I remember his brother making a comment that he wishes he would have.

This wasn't a guys night out not that it had to be for Brian to talk to the guys about Alexa but as I said before makes no sense to say something like that. The night was about them going out to bar hop and drink. It was him and Clint and they met up with Meredith.

How many other guy friends did Brian have? Meredith from what I have read was Clint's friend. The only one that gets mentioned is Clint who from what is said is gay. Nothing wrong with being gay but one has to wonder if Clint wanted more than just a friendship. Nobody seems to like Clint but the way I see it is the snide remarks that Clint kind of makes about Brian is because he is a little perturbed about Brian talking to women when they go out.

So Clint said that he was known to talk to women, "doing his thing" as he puts it. Brian got a phone number from one of the 2 girls he was out in the hallway with, why? I mean usually the only time that a guy gets a phone number from a girl he just met is to keep in touch in some way. If he did get her number did he put it in his phone? Did she put his number in her phone? Did she ever try to call him?

If you watch the video again of Brian talking to the 2 girls if you look to the left of Brian you will see 2 guys talking. At one point one of them looks over his shoulder and back at Brian and shakes his head. I always thought this guy heard something that Brian had said and for some reason was a little bothered by it.

Now one has to wonder how many times Brian got numbers from different girls? Did he get on someones bad side? Maybe a jealous boyfriend? The only bar that is usually talked about is the Ugly Tuna. What about the other bars that they went to? Did Brian talk to any other girls that night? Did he get any other cell numbers?

If this was a pattern with Brian and according to Clint it was then it sounds like it's possible that Brian may have been sort of a womanizer. So let's assume that Brian did make it out of the bar that night alive, could he have been met by someone who he made enemies with?

So getting back to the remark Brian made. Try to imagine how this conversation came up. Alexis was going back home to visit her sick dog. This trip sounds like it was not a planned trip. Did the two of them maybe have plans to go out that weekend and she canceled them? This night out with Clint could have been a last minute thing because she went out of town. I'm betting Alexis was not happy about him going out. This is not surprising because she let it be known she didn't care for Clint.

Does anyone find it odd that Brian didn't go with her? Did Alexis ask him to go with her? If my fiance was driving to Toledo because she was upset that her dog might die I certainly would have gone with her. Now this is just me. What if she did ask him to go and he said well I was going to go bar hopping tonight and when she got mad about it he said well this is my chance to talk about you the the guys. Later on he left a message not to be sweet but to maybe smooth things over.

Just like almost anyone there seems to be IMO more to Brian than what is being said. I never believed that Brian disappearing was random. I think one has to try and get an understanding about all aspects about his life and what he was like not just the good things but the not so good also.

This post is excellent. What a powerful thought about Alexis going home to her dying dog. Why would Brian not go with her? And could the "I love you phone call" have been an apology after an argument that Brian had with her? Did he have sensitive words with other people that evening that were taken the wrong way by another person? Was Brian looking for a way out, such as suicide, or starting a new life, intentionally hoping to do everything he could to avoid being seen? (And as the evidence we have shows, succeeding in vanishing forever.)

There is a strong possibility that Clint was gay and saw a conflict between Alexis and he. There is also a possibility that there was an undetected fight outside of the bar, maybe way outside the bar. It still does not explain how Clint got the keys to Brian's apartment, and was there for six hours. Besides waiting for Brian to come home, did he do anything else there?

All of the above could still be true, minus a fight, and Brian had an accident and died because alcohol influenced his judgment and thinking in a negative way. Alexis was not yet Brian's fiancee, because there was no proposal yet. Those who knew the couple said that this was not planned until their Spring Break vacation in Florida. Could Brian have been having second thoughts about proposing? Didn't he say after his Mom died, "I think you should move on and find someone else?" Was all of this grief and medical school pressure too much for Brian, where he either planned suicide or to vanish forever because he just couldn't take living anymore?

One more question, With regard to the following:

Brian got a phone number from one of the 2 girls he was out in the hallway with, why?

How do we know this? IMO womanizing is not cool, if you are planning to be engaged.

Satch

This post is excellent. What a powerful thought about Alexis going home to her dying dog. Why would Brian not go with her? And could the "I love you phone call" have been an apology after an argument that Brian had with her? Did he have sensitive words with other people that evening that were taken the wrong way by another person? Was Brian looking for a way out, such as suicide, or starting a new life, intentionally hoping to do everything he could to avoid being seen? (And as the evidence we have shows, succeeding in vanishing forever.)

There is a strong possibility that Clint was gay and saw a conflict between Alexis and he. There is also a possibility that there was an undetected fight outside of the bar, maybe way outside the bar. It still does not explain how Clint got the keys to Brian's apartment, and was there for six hours. Besides waiting for Brian to come home, did he do anything else there?

All of the above could still be true, minus a fight, and Brian had an accident and died because alcohol influenced his judgment and thinking in a negative way. Alexis was not yet Brian's fiancee, because there was no proposal yet. Those who knew the couple said that this was not planned until their Spring Break vacation in Florida. Could Brian have been having second thoughts about proposing? Didn't he say after his Mom died, "I think you should move on and find someone else?" Was all of this grief and medical school pressure too much for Brian, where he either planned suicide or to vanish forever because he just couldn't take living anymore?

One more question, With regard to the following:

How do we know this? IMO womanizing is not cool, if you are planning to be engaged.

Satch

Recent interview with Detective Hurst said he got her phone number. Also, not long after Brian went missing someone on a board who was from Columbus mentioned the Clint was gay and it was no secret.

Oh and from what I read he didn't have keys he waited outside in his car.

Honestly, the last few posts contain so much unsubstantiated speculation. To use any of it as evidence to suggest that Brian may have commit suicide, voluntarily disappeared, or been intentionally harmed seems like a dangerous amount of assumptions to me.

There may not be a lot that we know for certain about that night (especially after 1:55am), but we DO know that 1) Brian was never heard from again and 2) there was a dangerous construction site amid a fairly large building. It sure doesn’t take nearly as many assumptions to think that he met with an accident, but in a way that his body has evaded all of the search efforts.

Occam’s razor.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AQNxNeQ9cxw

Honestly, the last few posts contain so much unsubstantiated speculation. To use any of it as evidence to suggest that Brian may have commit suicide, voluntarily disappeared, or been intentionally harmed seems like a dangerous amount of assumptions to me.

There may not be a lot that we know for certain about that night (especially after 1:55am), but we DO know that 1) Brian was never heard from again and 2) there was a dangerous construction site amid a fairly large building. It sure doesn’t take nearly as many assumptions to think that he met with an accident, but in a way that his body has evaded all of the search efforts.

Occam’s razor.

Dangerous assumptions? The police have said that it is unlikely that Brian went through the construction site. They did say that in order for Brian to get out he would have had to squeeze through a door that was chained. This again assuming that he made it all the way to the end. Never once have they even hinted that Brian's body is still in the building.

Dangerous assumptions? The police have said that it is unlikely that Brian went through the construction site. They did say that in order for Brian to get out he would have had to squeeze through a door that was chained. This again assuming that he made it all the way to the end. Never once have they even hinted that Brian's body is still in the building.

How would they know whether the door was chained at the time of Brian's disappearance? Investigators didn't check out the restaurant for at least a couple of days.

How would they know whether the door was chained at the time of Brian's disappearance? Investigators didn't check out the restaurant for at least a couple of days.

At one point there were two officers on top of the escalators. They saw the door, and confirmed that it was chained. They also confirmed that he did not leave or try to enter when they were present, and that he acted normal. You can see the two police officers next to Brian here.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1235.png
    1235.png
    361.1 KB · Views: 144

Stating that someone had a motive to harm Brian based on looking in his direction on camera, or stating Brian had a motive to hurt himself/run off because of his circumstances, etc. These are all pure speculative with no supporting facts. Since these plans generally involve leaving the bar, they also come with the assumption that someone (or Brian himself) knew how to get him out undetected, knew how to hide him(self) so well that he hasn’t been found for 12 years, and all parties involved stayed silent for this long. It’s one unlikely event after another. It’s one unsupported statement after another.

The FACTS we know are:
-Brian was never seen or heard from again in any way shape or form after 1:55am
-Brian was never seen leaving the only public exit
-This was a fairly large building with ongoing construction

I know that police searched the construction site and didn’t find him. Nonetheless, the simplest explanation which requires the fewest assumptions is that he wasn’t seen leaving because he never left (due to an accident) and his body is simply someplace so hidden that everyone has missed him (examples: in a construction trench, in duct work, someplace very hidden on the roof, or some other spot that no one would have thought to look, etc). The principle of Occam’s razor would state this is the most likely scenario because it fits the facts we know with the fewest assumptions.

And yes, dangerous assumptions. In recent posts, a stranger has essentially been accused of suspected murder based on a look he gave in a video tape, and Brian’s character attacked based on assumptions. These are real people with real families, and if I were them, it would make me sick and never want to contribute to the discussion. So yes, dangerous assumptions.

And yes, dangerous assumptions. In recent posts, a stranger has essentially been accused of suspected murder based on a look he gave in a video tape, and Brian’s character attacked based on assumptions. These are real people with real families, and if I were them, it would make me sick and never want to contribute to the discussion. So yes, dangerous assumptions.

I think you are reaching a bit. Countless of people on this board and others have suggested that Brian was killed by a bar employee, a band member. It's even been suggested that one of the 2 girls may have had something to do with his disappearance. even AFTER the police have cleared all of them.

Nearly my entire post was to show examples of Brian's demeanor and his attitude and actions that night that may have given clues for certain things. For example, why he may have called Alexis and left her such a sweet message, why Alexis may have been upset with him etc.

In the video I pointed out that a man next to Brian turns toward Brian at one point and shakes his head. IMO he looks a little irritated but this does not mean that this man killed Brian but what it can show is how it is possible when Brian gets drunk that he says things that other people pick up on and think they are maybe inappropriate or cheesy what ever the case may be.

I'm gonna guess that the police are aware of this man but who knows. We all have our opinions. Mine is that what I wrote in no way puts this unknown man and his family in any danger.

Stating that someone had a motive to harm Brian based on looking in his direction on camera, or stating Brian had a motive to hurt himself/run off because of his circumstances, etc. These are all pure speculative with no supporting facts. Since these plans generally involve leaving the bar, they also come with the assumption that someone (or Brian himself) knew how to get him out undetected, knew how to hide him(self) so well that he hasn’t been found for 12 years, and all parties involved stayed silent for this long. It’s one unlikely event after another. It’s one unsupported statement after another.

The FACTS we know are:
-Brian was never seen or heard from again in any way shape or form after 1:55am
-Brian was never seen leaving the only public exit
-This was a fairly large building with ongoing construction

I know that police searched the construction site and didn’t find him. Nonetheless, the simplest explanation which requires the fewest assumptions is that he wasn’t seen leaving because he never left (due to an accident) and his body is simply someplace so hidden that everyone has missed him (examples: in a construction trench, in duct work, someplace very hidden on the roof, or some other spot that no one would have thought to look, etc). The principle of Occam’s razor would state this is the most likely scenario because it fits the facts we know with the fewest assumptions.

I don't see how Occam's Razor applies in this case. You are discounting the fact the police detectives searched the building with cadaver and scent dogs and did a thorough search. I personally have never seen photo and what the construction area looked like, but I am sure that the police still have photos and did that search with the help of the workers. Also we just recently found out that the doors were chained shut. Detective Hurst said it was maybe possible that Brian pushed the door open to slide through. If so then he would have had to do this with 2 doors. The first door was visible by a lot of people and 2 police officers.

So lets assume that Brian went by the way of the construction area.

Brian pried open the first door, but was not seen by anyone out in the hallway or by the 2 police officers trying to pry a door open. Brian would have had to have done this and get past Clint and Meredith. Remember that Clint and Meredith searched for Brian in the bar at around 2 am. They were seen leaving down the escalator at 2:09.

So Brian got though the door (was both doors ever dusted for prints?) somehow climbed down a ladder in the dark and navigated his way though this what looked to be a long maze of who knows what. Had to be lots of equipment and other stuff he could have hurt himself and possibly cut himself.

So it's your belief without even knowing what this area looked like that Brian is still inside that building and in the construction area? You state 3 facts of the case but there is no simple explanation. There was also another way out and much easier. The police mentioned that he also could have jumped off the balcony. That would be a lot easier than going the construction way.

Also think of what the possible mind set was of Brian at the time. He tells Clint hey I'm going to talk to the band. Whether he did or didn't if he walked back to that area at some point Brian would have had to make a U turn walk out in the hallway and think, Hey I'm going to pry open that door to the construction area and see what's behind that door? Why in the world would he do that? He had no way of knowing where it led to. For all he knew it was a small room?

Also, he would have to wonder if he was going to be seen not only by the police but by other people out in the hallway and possibly the 2 girls he just talked to minutes before. OK so he walks up to the door hoping he's not seen tries to open it sees that it is locked or chained in someway and then proceeds to push on the door till he can squeeze through. Brian is tall, 6ft 2 and has a fairly muscular upper body. How far did that door open? 4 inches? 6 inches? How hard did he have to push to get through? Did he make any noise?

I personally having been there and find it hard to believe that he somehow secretly went through that door without being seen and why in the world would he even be temped? All he had to do was go down the escalator when he went back out the bar to leave.

To get back to the band comment. When Brian said he was going to talk to the band he had to walk towards the back in the opposite direction of the entrance. Some where along that walk Brian decides to leave the bar and if he did go to the construction door Brian had to walk out into the hallway and at some point say to himself hey I'm not going down these stairs to leave I'm going to try door number 2 and see where that leads?

Brian was never see again on tape so this means that his decision to go out the construction door was pretty much made before he left the bar exit. We know he didn't come out and walk far enough towards the stairs to be seen on camera. We do know that the camera caught a pretty good few of the hall and stairs.

If Brian wanted to go out the construction door why didn't he do it immediately after talking to the 2 girls? We know that he went back in to talk to Clint and Meredith. So at that point Brian was not ready to leave. He could have easily walked away from the girls and went straight down the stairs if he was ready to leave.

The million dollar question in my mind is not "where" did Brian go but "why" did Brian go? Once he walks away from Clint and Meredith WHY did he decide to do what he did? In my opinion Brian went back to the stage area and hid under the stage till closing and went off the balcony. Why did he and where he went I have no clue. All we can do is guess. From there I would say he met with foul play but because we have heard that the police think Brian is still alive (at least at some point they did) I have to wonder if he made it to where he wanted to go?

How far of a drop is it from the balcony to the roof of the restaurant? Could Brian have accessed the construction area from the roof of the restaurant?

embufum--I agree with you that the construction doors near the top of the escalator are an unlikely entry point given that there were two CPD officers and the doors were likely chained. I have always felt it's more likely that he found some other very unlikely / very hidden point of entry. One that is very unusual and that no one has thought of (hence the reason he hasn't been found). One theory that comes to mind which I've brought up many times is the roof. If he made it to the top of the roof, walked across until he was above the construction area, then fell, it could in theory be possible that he ended up in some very unlikely crevice of some sort. This is just one thought, but perhaps there was some other very usual way that no one has uncovered. I like Ozoner's thought in the previous post about possibly accessing the construction site from the roof of the restaurant somehow.

A lot of your post is focused on the doors. This is a fairly large building (despite the bar itself being pretty small), and we never see him definitively re-enter the bar, so who knows where he could have wandered off to, or what unlikely areas he could have accessed.

I also think--as I've said many times--that it might not be the construction area at all, but some other very unlikely, highly concealed area (on the roof itself, in duct work, etc.). I don't doubt that the police searched the building thoroughly, but it would not be the first time that a body was hidden so well in an unusual spot within a building that no one notices.

I do think Occam's razor applies in this case, as it does with any scenario where there are multiple explanations possible. In a previous post, I tried to outline all of the assumptions that accompany the four most popular theories in this case to show that a well-hidden accident is the most probable theory (see post #331). I have yet to see compelling evidence that the other theories carry fewer assumptions.

I agree that a jump from the balcony is more likely than accessing the construction site if you are merely comparing these two events head-to-head in a vacuum. But given the circumstances, for the balcony-jump theory to be true, he would have to have jumped from the balcony AND no one saw it AND no cameras from surrounding bars picked him up AND there has been no trace of him for 12 years since then AND anyone either assisting him or who caused him harm after he left has kept quiet for 12 years despite significant reward money. All of these unlikely events compounded together make this scenario exponentially less likely than the theory that he had an accident in a highly concealed location and hasn't been found.

I also agree that knowing Brian's motive for whatever he did that night would be crucial information, but unfortunately there's a good chance that this will never be known...

How far of a drop is it from the balcony to the roof of the restaurant? Could Brian have accessed the construction area from the roof of the restaurant?

Approx 90 inches from the bottom of the patio to the roof the meets the building. I counted the bricks then added from there. I did this a while ago but I'm pretty sure the 90 inch measurement.

Brian was 6 ft 2. If he held his hands straight over head he could pretty easily reach up to that height. If Brian climbed over to the outside of the railing slid his hands down to the bottom of the rails his feet would most likely touch the top of the roof of that restaurant without him letting go of the rial. So little to no jumping down to the roof required. All he has to do from there is go to the edge of the roof and jump down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pro. Inv. 1818