Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
From memory, I think both AJ and PB left GAPA in 2014 and AJ’s CSA of the young girl was said to have taken place over a period of time before he was arrested weeks after William disappeared. He was imprisoned after spending 12 months in ‘isolation’ in September 2015 IIRC. Also, I don’t think it has ever been reported that BS was a member of GAPA. I think AJ actually seconded motions put forward by PB.

(I think soso posted about this recently. I’ll chase up relevant links later — caffeine hasn’t kicked in yet.)

No it has never been reported that BS was a member of GAPA that’s why I was saying in the link I put up that the secretary may have been misquoted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it has never been reported that BS was a member of GAPA that’s why I was saying in the link I put up that the secretary may have been misquoted

Agree. He was a member of a similar (possibly splinter) group.

Agree. He was a member of a similar (possibly splinter) group.

Contrary to previous reports, detectives investigating William’s disappearance approached this group primarily to ask if Mr Spedding was involved, only to be told he was a member of another family support group nearby.

Detectives used CCTV images of this second group to ask potential witnesses to identify its members, although police declined to confirm anything about this aspect of their investigation.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...t/news-story/1743cf18eadd8bc4b860a6ae7cbf6d76

Contrary to previous reports, detectives investigating William’s disappearance approached this group primarily to ask if Mr Spedding was involved, only to be told he was a member of another family support group nearby.

Detectives used CCTV images of this second group to ask potential witnesses to identify its members, although police declined to confirm anything about this aspect of their investigation.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...t/news-story/1743cf18eadd8bc4b860a6ae7cbf6d76

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...andparent-support-groups-20150905-gjfrug.html

Police also turned their attention to another local support group, believed to be the Grandparent and Kinship Care Association.

I’m searching MSM articles to see if I can find names at the moment Hbayne

No worries, just wondered if you posted it because it involved someone associated with William or spedding

Just replying to my own post - to correct the presumption I made in the post - because I stumbled on an article that says that Jones' assault on the little girl happened before William disappeared ... then he was arrested for it shortly after William disappeared.

I guess it still makes me wonder if he would have been involved with William's disappearance ... if he was preying on an 11 year old. Different age/body type of victim, William perhaps not being Jones' perverted cup of tea.

Jones may also have had rumblings of a coming arrest for the assault, as you would think the girl's carers might have confronted him about it - and he may even have been questioned by the police about it - prior to his arrest.

Yet another example of Jones' capability for getting caught for his crimes. imo

I wonder where he was, and what he was up to c. 2007 to 2014, other than assaulting a young girl? There was a big gap in his ‘rap sheet’ as I recall. Was he ‘going straight’ during that time or ‘simply flying under the radar’?

Thanks Soso. I can’t open it. Who is the other POI mentioned in the article? Or are you referring to AJ?

Sorry. I included the article heading so as it could be googled. I never know if they are going to open or not.
Just referring to AJ as another poi.

Sorry. I included the article heading so as it could be googled. I never know if they are going to open or not.
Just referring to AJ as another poi.

Yep sorry. Just googled. [emoji106]

I still cannot get past the facebook connection between the Spedding family and William's bio family. Way too coincidental for me.

was colin (cy) also a member of the other grandparents group? just thought i read it somewhere ages ago?
also wonder if police investigated this group and if its still running?

was colin (cy) also a member of the other grandparents group? just thought i read it somewhere ages ago?
also wonder if police investigated this group and if its still running?

I was wondering could you be a member of both groups.
Seems to me to be an overlap of service delivery...:dunno:

The GAPA support group that has historically been closely affiliated with Burnside is a thriving group .............
GAPA is now an independent incorporation and is self funded through fundraising activities and support from local businesses. From its beginnings at Port Macquarie, GAPA has expanded to provide support groups at Wauchope and Taree. GAPA invests a great deal of time, not only into the care of their fostered grandchildren, but into supporting other grandparent carers and raising awareness of the group in the Hastings community. They have participated in a number of grandparent forums held by agencies such as Samaritans, and are keen to ensure the issues around grandparent kinship care are properly understood and that they receive adequate support for their caring role.

How is/was the breakaway group funded? What gave rise to the breakaway group? Did the breakaway group remain affiliated with Burnside?

Grandparent Kinship Care in NSW - Parliament of Australia
https://www.aph.gov.au/DocumentStore.ashx?id=df78cc8e-e521-4306-866e...

I wonder where he was, and what he was up to c. 2007 to 2014, other than assaulting a young girl? There was a big gap in his ‘rap sheet’ as I recall. Was he ‘going straight’ during that time or ‘simply flying under the radar’?

Perhaps he was in prison for a good chunk of the time. I don't imagine that a person commits 90+ criminal offences without getting stints of prison time here and there.

Perhaps he was in prison for a good chunk of the time. I don't imagine that a person commits 90+ criminal offences without getting stints of prison time here and there.

I remember his ex-wife said she didn’t know about his extensive, and often violent, criminal history. I guess she wasn’t on the scene when/if he was serving time in prison. If so, I wonder how long they were married before he was arrested for CSA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz