CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also something about the word "forever" that sets off alarm bells, as in the relatively new acquaintance telling JH that she felt a connection with her kids and wanted "to be in their lives forever."

I don't know, maybe I just watched The Shining too many times at an impressionable age, but that makes me squirm. JH obviously had other reasons as well for excluding strangers, but I would be wary of this offer as well.

The "forever" comment is what originally struck me-even more so than the "mentor." That's why I shrugged this particular anecdote off. They clearly seemed to be keeping people at arm's reach and there are other examples that I find to be pretty solid evidence of their isolation but, in this situation, I find their reaction more understandable. If this was a singular experience without any other stories floating around that say something similar, then I don't think it would be thought of twice. In the context of the crime, however, it takes on a different life.

Hi! Good to see you! You left after our conversation yesterday and didn't get a chance to answer the questions posed, so hopefully since you're around today you'll take the time to do so.
I am on a different time zone 5 hours ahead of EST but I did answer and also in a pm. I didn't want to derail the thread debating adoption policies too much.

The only “ friends “they had were people they met at festivals. There was an article posted that said that even their “good friends” never went to their house.

People define friends in different ways. I would say they are aquaintances. Maybe not even that deep.

It is of startling note that they met Alexandra on FB and went to stay with her with six kids for two weeks. It is startling because they withheld food and punished kids for laughing.

This was parenting they felt could be a show. I cannot even imagine what life behind closed doors was.

I imagine Alexandra had something they wanted. I really wonder how much stuff they got from people in terms of money, clothing, vacations.

I am thinking of a woman I know who I have known for forty years who I only figured out a couple of years ago is someone who knows how to get stuff. She is an alternative healer with lots of skills that she uses .

I see vacations, expensive clothes she posts that she has received. So I wonder about the amazing Hart tribe. So deserving because of such tragic lives.

Jen Hart is a cipher. No info from friends, school, etc in SD?

Human, I was just thinking this today! It seems like her life started when she met Sarah. Nothing before. Considering the publicity of this case, I'd think there would be people who would say they knew her from college, high school, etc.

The only “ friends “they had were people they met at festivals. There was an article posted that said that even their “good friends” never went to their house.

People define friends in different ways. I would say they are aquaintances. Maybe not even that deep.

It is of startling note that they met Alexandra on FB and went to stay with her with six kids for two weeks. It is startling because they withheld food and punished kids for laughing.

This was parenting they felt could be a show. I cannot even imagine what life behind closed doors was.

I imagine Alexandra had something they wanted. I really wonder how much stuff they got from people in terms of money, clothing, vacations.

I am thinking of a woman I know who I have known for forty years who I only figured out a couple of years ago is someone who knows how to get stuff. She is an alternative healer with lots of skills that she uses .

I see vacations, expensive clothes she posts that she has received. So I wonder about the amazing Hart tribe. So deserving because of such tragic lives.

Their are lots of photos of Friends at their house on FB photos. Sorry I can’t link here not allowed.

<modsnip>

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...art-family-that-plunged-off-california-cliff/

This is an already posted article with info about Sarah&#8217;s family for comparison.

From article:&#8220;Nothing stood out,&#8221; said Big Stone City Mayor Deb Wiik. She was talking about Sarah (then Sarah Gengler), who grew up in the town of 600 that lies so close to Minnesota that Sarah went to high school there. &#8220;They seemed like a very nice family.&#8221;
Sarah&#8217;s dad worked at a hardware business, her mom at a cheese factory, recalled Lori Brandt, a middle-school teacher who taught all the Gengler children. Sarah was a good student and a great kid, Brandt said. &#8220;She baby-sat for us.&#8221;
After high school, Sarah went for a semester to the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, and then transferred to Northern State University in Aberdeen, South Dakota, according to records from both schools.
She majored in elementary education &#8212; and so, during the same period, did Jen Hart, who hailed from Huron, South Dakota, a prairie town of about 13,000.

Here’s a news video clip of Jens good friend. She shared a very short video clip she took of Devonte at his house. I think it might have been on his birthday. He’s calls her by name. It looks like he might have been coached what to say.

https://youtu.be/bMgD0G9bEso

Here&#8217;s a news video clip of Jens good friend. She shared a very short video clip she took of Devonte at his house. I think it might have been on his birthday. He&#8217;s calls her by name. It looks like he might have been coached what to say.

General Question for anyone: just say the hate mail, threats, stalking were true. What kind of people would be doing this? And what would the hate mail say? No one knew then what we know about the photo being staged. Devonte was crying hugging a police officer. What were the haters interpreting? Im dumbfounded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It's also something about the word "forever" that sets off alarm bells, as in the relatively new acquaintance telling JH that she felt a connection with her kids and wanted "to be in their lives forever."

I don't know, maybe I just watched The Shining too many times at an impressionable age, but that makes me squirm. JH obviously had other reasons as well for excluding strangers, but I would be wary of this offer as well.
That forever in your life friend would apsolutely have me backing away!

Here&#8217;s a news video clip of Jens good friend. She shared a very short video clip she took of Devonte at his house. I think it might have been on his birthday. He&#8217;s calls her by name. It looks like he might have been coached what to say.

Wow. Sorry to say she is deluded. The police report convicting Sarah does not matter? The report from Alexandra identifying similar issues? The DeKalb&#8217;s?

Never reporting to police the stalking, death threats? Ohhhhhhkay.

They were great parents up until they drove off of a cliff.

Human, I was just thinking this today! It seems like her life started when she met Sarah. Nothing before. Considering the publicity of this case, I'd think there would be people who would say they knew her from college, high school, etc.
She created a new Jen, a new soul, a new story when they met.

General Question for anyone: just say the hate mail, threats, stalking were true. What kind of people would be doing this? And what would the hate mail say? No one knew then what we know about the photo being staged. Devonte was crying hugging a police officer. What were the haters interpreting? Im dumbfounded.

The "hate mail" could very well have been from trolls making general, nasty comments. I posted about this earlier and spoke of my experiences (I have a job that necessitates a great amount of public interaction, most of which occurs online). I receive "hate mail" just about every day, even though what I do has nothing to do with politics, religion, or other polarizing topics. On my FB page yesterday I shared some examples of troll mail I've received this week alone. One person made fun of my hair (it's very blonde). Another person wrote and told me that they hoped someone would murder me because, well, I don't really know why. Just because. My 6-year-old is in the media a lot. Every time she gets out there, we are barraged with emails and calls from people who are literally just making fun of her, threatening her (or us), or hating on her looks (she is quite beautiful). As I shared in my other post, I once received a public comment from someone saying that she was "an abomination but still rapeable." She was 3 at the time.

I have a very non-polarizing job. My job literally just requires me to entertain people. That doesn't stop the trolls from trollin'. The "haters" don't have to "interpret" anything. If you do something that puts you out in the public eye, even for a second, then you're opening yourself up to a world of miserable people who simply want to be mean.

Internet Trolls. Haters. People not happy thinking he was forced to hug the police officer. There are alot of haters on the internet.

Why do you suppose police have no records of the death threats and stalking?

To be fair, I am the same age as the Hart women and there are few people from before college who would be able to say much about me. My grandparents did the bulk of raising me and they are all gone now. My mom went off to find herself (speaking of hippie nonsense) and my dad just went off. I got a scholarship to a college thousands of miles away and went out there, married a boy I met there, moved another thousand miles. Didn't keep in touch with high school people after a couple years. Have been a SAHM most of my adult life, so no coworkers. People in my neighborhood would talk about me, people from the kids' stuff, but no one from before about 2000.

Here’s a news video clip of Jens good friend. She shared a very short video clip she took of Devonte at his house. I think it might have been on his birthday. He’s calls her by name. It looks like he might have been coached what to say.

Did she take it or did Jen take it and send it to her? The way he's talking - mentioning her name and "I missed you" and saying thank you - makes me think it was something JH or SH made to send to her as a message.

When is his birthday?

Why do you suppose police have no records of the death threats and stalking?

She may not have filed any. I haven't with any of mine. I've complained to FB and they've removed things but I've never gone to the police. Now, if someone shows up at my door or threatens to come to my door, or if they do anything to dox me or harm my livelihood in any way then I'll file a report*. For the most part, however, these are one-off comments that are just meant to irritate the person. The first few you get are really hurtful and scary. After that, you mostly just shrug them off and tighten your inner circle. It's taken me years to be able to shrug them off, however. I can definitely see how they'd become overwhelming and how someone could get paranoid. I did reach a point in which I was even afraid to check my email. I was tired of the negative ones that I went 2 months without checking my messages. Once I did, I found 2 television show offers. Luckily, the producers were sympathetic.

As "wachbear" says below, though, they most likely never happened. If someone had vandalized their property it seems like they should have called the police.

*If someone continues to harass you or cyberstalk you, that's a different thing altogether. You should absolutely call the police. I would literally be filing a dozen or more reports a week, however, if I took them all seriously. You have to learn to spot the real threats from the trolls just be trolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther