Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She had petitioned the court for joint custody and was working toward that end, so they could move to NM or CO according to Court Docs cited in this article
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew she wanted joint custody of them eventually, but am I the only one here that had no idea she was planning to move to CO or NM for "health reasons"? I seriously missed that! Thanks for the great find, at least for me. :lol:

I understand that eyewitness accounts can sometimes be inaccurate. But I believe that the landlord seen Lucas because for one, the VI's have confirmed this numerous times and for two, because Emily admitted to leaving Lucas home alone that day and the times seem to match. What other child could it have been? A random child in the house?

Please know that I am not sticking up for EG in any way, but I had one of the severest forms of endometriosis, to the point where I had to have the endometrium lining removed in my mid 40's. It did not improve after the birth of my children I was also one of the rare lucky ones that were able to get pregnant without any issues- all within 2 years apart. EG COULD be like me, in terms of getting pregnant- just lucky.

question: to be official, does a doctor's have to be on some type of certified stationary (doctor/nurse/pharmacy info) or can it be on any piece of paper?
Has to be on a script I would think with the Dr. license number on it.
Does not matter the size of paper even if it is electronic now.it must have those numbers.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We have no reason to think that he’s anything but a reliable witness at this point.

Please don't hate me for going there, but, is this an honorable person? I don't mean in terms of him saying Lucas was there- was there ever a past relationship between him and EG- a possible friendship or something?

question: to be official, does a doctor's have to be on some type of certified stationary (doctor/nurse/pharmacy info) or can it be on any piece of paper?

When I was in the pharmacy everything from any Dr. was written on a prescription notepad with all of the Dr's information on it. People used to steal them if they were left in the Dr's office unattended. Then it was just a matter of getting a prescription the Dr. signed and using that to forge.
I think nowadays they do a lot on computers and print but it would still have all of the Dr's info.

I knew she wanted joint custody of them eventually, but am I the only one here that had no idea she was planning to move to CO or NM for "health reasons"? I seriously missed that! Thanks for the great find, at least for me. :lol:

(Sitting on my hands...let's just say I want to say "come on down to CO with your scrawny little *advertiser censored* so we can have a little talk woman to woman!)

(Putting myself in timeout)

Wichita Public Schools
Snip
“In compliance with requirements of the Kansas Compulsory School Attendance Law, reports shall be filed with appropriate authorities when a child is not enrolled in a public school or non-public school or when a child is enrolled in school and is inexcusably absent- TRUANT.”
When a pupil is truant, parents/guardians and pupils can expect:
1. Notification of non-attendance is given by the Parent Link automatic telephone system.
2. Referral to internal support (school counselor, social worker, school resource officers).
3. Efforts made to reconnect pupil/family to school.
4. Written notification of non-attendance given to parent/guardian.
5. Referral to the appropriate state agency.
When a pupil moves from one school to another, that pupil must be enrolled and attending the next school within three (3) school days, unless moving out-of-district which requires enrollment within five (5) school days to avoid referral to the Department for Children and Families or the Office of the District Attorney.
End snip

https://www.usd259.org/site/handler...leName=ATTENDANCE EXPECTATIONS TO PARENTS.pdf

Snip
Students accumulating more than 12 days/96 hours of illness will be considered to have excessive absences and will be required to provide a doctor’s note for all future absences OR be recorded as unexcusably absent.End snip

https://kckps.org/index.php/truancy

JH was home when he had stomach bug - maybe JH can confirm that EG did actually take Lucas to the dr.

By law Lucas wasn't required to attend school so I am not sure if the truancy rules would come into play. The school may have had rules of if you miss x amount of days he can't remain enrolled. - Not sure how that works

If I remember correctly, she was doing that more than a few days prior to his disappearance. I thought it was related at first too, but I don’t now.

I don’t believe she planned any of this happening. IMO she hit him too hard, then a week or more later she found him dead, most likely in his bed. Then she freaked out and went into cover-up mode[emoji22]

I disagree. She wanted him gone.

I have wondered about the flowerbed as well but you'd think that LE would have checked that out the first day considering the statements made about seeing her out there. Like they'd know too just by looking at it if something was disturbed or looked odd.

Iirc the only thing that struck me as odd was that she was out there with her daughter but not Lucas.I wonder if he was sleeping again.

Does anyone know if his school required doctor's notes following an illness?

I've raised 5 kids (ok, one still in process/progress haha) and I don't remember ever writing or needing a doctor's note to "prove" that they were ill. It was only required I call in and let them know. There was a policy that if the flu was going around they not come back until a certain period had passed (I don't remember but it was something like they couldn't come back til 24 or 48 hours after symptoms abated and/or they couldn't have a fever.

I'm guessing maybe it was required at Lucas's school, or times have changed? Because I don't see Emily going out of her way to send doctor's notes, forged or otherwise. If she did, IMO it was to look good for her as far as parenting goes and wanting her kids back, but more significantly that it was to try to convince Lucas' illnesses or injuries were legit BUT NOT caused by her. That is the part that is weird to me. Did one of them really say it was "consistent with having a fall"? Because that is very suspicious to me.

My youngest daughter is a teen and while doctor's notes are not required, I've recently been having them printed out from her therapist's office because she's having a rough time and therapy has been frequent. On the forms they type out they print nothing about why she was seen, only that she had a certain appointment with a certain doctor at a specific time. Maybe it's different when there are mental issues instead of physical ones though. Idk.

I'd be surprised if these doctor's notes were legitimate, that's for sure.

Lucas, I'm still praying for you and your family! Lots of love~~

In wichita public schools, a doctor note is required if they miss more than 3 Days in a row. Or once they have accrued a certain number of hours (its like 10 school days in a year) of excused absences. Or if they have 3 unexcused in a week, 5 unexcused in a semester, or 7 unexcused in a school year

By law Lucas wasn't required to attend school so I am not sure if the truancy rules would come into play. The school may have had rules of if you miss x amount of days he can't remain enrolled. - Not sure how that works

Pre-k is on a need basis, at risk students first and others go on a waiting list. Even though in Ks attendance isn’t compulsory until age 7, once enrolled children are expected to have regular attendance within the guidelines. And if a child is special needs that age is reduced to 3. Point of reference- personal experience with USD 259 WPS. Also have found this info on their website and linked previous. But I can again if needed.

Iirc the only thing that struck me as odd was that she was out there with her daughter but not Lucas.I wonder if he was sleeping again.
I didn't realize that..

Does anyone know if his school required doctor's notes following an illness?

I've raised 5 kids (ok, one still in process/progress haha) and I don't remember ever writing or needing a doctor's note to "prove" that they were ill. It was only required I call in and let them know. There was a policy that if the flu was going around they not come back until a certain period had passed (I don't remember but it was something like they couldn't come back til 24 or 48 hours after symptoms abated and/or they couldn't have a fever.

I'm guessing maybe it was required at Lucas's school, or times have changed? Because I don't see Emily going out of her way to send doctor's notes, forged or otherwise. If she did, IMO it was to look good for her as far as parenting goes and wanting her kids back, but more significantly that it was to try to convince Lucas' illnesses or injuries were legit BUT NOT caused by her. That is the part that is weird to me. Did one of them really say it was "consistent with having a fall"? Because that is very suspicious to me.

My youngest daughter is a teen and while doctor's notes are not required, I've recently been having them printed out from her therapist's office because she's having a rough time and therapy has been frequent. On the forms they type out they print nothing about why she was seen, only that she had a certain appointment with a certain doctor at a specific time. Maybe it's different when there are mental issues instead of physical ones though. Idk.

I'd be surprised if these doctor's notes were legitimate, that's for sure.

Lucas, I'm still praying for you and your family! Lots of love~~

In California, in our school district, you needed a doctors note if the absence was longer than 4 school days[ I believe]. Which is no problem because if your child is too sick to go to school for a whole week, you are probably already seeking medical advice.

The schools get paid only when the student is attending class. So they need to make sure that parents are not letting kids say home out of convenience or parental laziness/negligence.

What if she had this and not Bipolar???

Ittermittent Explosive Disorder

It is often misdiagnosed...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...sorder-what-it-is-and-what-we-can-do-about-it

I think it's interesting that JH never heard about her having a mental disorder and yet her ex says she was diagnosed as Bipolar. So, I'm not buying that she was ever diagnosed, but that she told her ex she was. She probably also told him she was on meds which made her much better. He had concerns about her stable mindedness. She addressed his concerns with a bogus story. Could be.

Why didn't they live closer to where JH worked. Does anyone know?

Someone(s) said a while back that it is a transient job so moving out of state while not knowing how long job would last there doesn't really happen.

I am pretty sure it was someone whose husband or family member worked the same job as JH.

I think it's interesting that JH never heard about her having a mental disorder and yet her ex says she was diagnosed as Bipolar. So, I'm not buying that she was ever diagnosed, but that she told her ex she was. She probably also told him she was on meds which made her much better. He had concerns about her stable mindedness. She addressed his concerns with a bogus story. Could be.

I think it is likely she lied to JH after all, she disappeared his son and is telling who knows how many lies to him about what happened.

I think it is likely she lied to JH after all, she disappeared his son and is telling who knows how many lies to him about what happened.

She had to have done a whole lot of lying to convince JH she was capable to watch 2 kids while he was 100's of miles away. jmo

It is hard enough to have an absent spouse or significant other much less an absent father in the picture. I would bet that didn't help EG's anger issue's. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419