Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
It's not their role to solve the case when they get brought in, they're there to supplement the local agency with analysis and other technologies that the locals might be lacking. They can also fast track things like lab work if they have anything to work with. It's not like they're going to have manpower working this case daily until it's solved. What was the last sk case the feds actually solved? These things are not easy to solve, if they were you wouldn't have so many outstanding cases. Unfortunately these stranger on stranger homicides where the victim agrees to meet in the darkest hours of the night in secluded locations with no one watching their back are not hard to pull off. And it doesn't take a criminal mastermind or collusion with the police to get away with it.

The FBI can get a likeness of the UID victims by using parabon.
Someone will recognize them.

They can also send DNA to GED.
We know that works.

This case has zero exposure.
They want it to go away.

It's not their role to solve the case when they get brought in, they're there to supplement the local agency with analysis and other technologies that the locals might be lacking. They can also fast track things like lab work if they have anything to work with. It's not like they're going to have manpower working this case daily until it's solved. What was the last sk case the feds actually solved? These things are not easy to solve, if they were you wouldn't have so many outstanding cases. Unfortunately these stranger on stranger homicides where the victim agrees to meet in the darkest hours of the night in secluded locations with no one watching their back are not hard to pull off. And it doesn't take a criminal mastermind or collusion with the police to get away with it.

Ok then why not tell the public that Jane Doe #3 was Peaches for so many years?

And, I'd think it's especially tough to solve any SK/murder cases when the chief of police and his pals are committing (and covering-up) their own crimes.

The FBI can get a likeness of the UID victims by using parabon.
Someone will recognize them.

They can also send DNA to GED.
We know that works.

This case has zero exposure.
They want it to go away.

Exactly! Or even the simpliest act of releasing a photo or description of Jane Doe 6’s tattoo. There are quite a few things they can do to get these UID, identified. Getting victims identified could help this case tremendously.

Ok then why not tell the public that Jane Doe #3 was Peaches for so many years?

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe even better. Would it have changed anything? Peaches is the one unidentified that they did have a possible lead on because of the tattoo artist. With the revelation that it was her came the knowledge it wasn't just her but she had a toddler in tow. That's another clue to add to what the artist told them, maybe they were trying to sort it out before letting on all that they knew. That's just a guess. There's two jurisdictions involved, how well is the cooperation?. She was first found in Nassau, who's case is it? Is her case related to the rest? Too many unknowns. They could've held back for several reasons. If you feel there's a nefarious reason for holding back that info feel free to state your case.

And, I'd think it's especially tough to solve any SK/murder cases when the chief of police and his pals are committing (and covering-up) their own crimes.

What crimes and cover-ups would those be fred? As we know, he's in the pen right now for kicking the s**t out of some junkie for breaking into his car and trying to cover it up. We see how well that worked out for him. Am I to believe this goober could pull off a cover up in this sk case? What about all the people that have worked this case? You know, the ones actually doing the investigating. I guess they're all in on it too? Is there not one of them honorable or ambitious enough to expose this massive cover-up?

Were there other crimes and cover-ups that I'm missing? If so lets hear them, and please be specific and not just speculative. I try to keep an open mind but this cover-up drivel I've heard all these years that people so willingly buy into is a bridge too far for me given what we do know.

As always, I'm willing to be wrong.

What crimes and cover-ups would those be fred? As we know, he's in the pen right now for kicking the s**t out of some junkie for breaking into his car and trying to cover it up. We see how well that worked out for him. Am I to believe this goober could pull off a cover up in this sk case? What about all the people that have worked this case? You know, the ones actually doing the investigating. I guess they're all in on it too? Is there not one of them honorable or ambitious enough to expose this massive cover-up?

Were there other crimes and cover-ups that I'm missing? If so lets hear them, and please be specific and not just speculative. I try to keep an open mind but this cover-up drivel I've heard all these years that people so willingly buy into is a bridge too far for me given what we do know.

right on.

The people on this thread could't solve a missing shoe lace if it came off their shoe
in the garage, but yet they can rip apart people in authority at scpd without specific
names, dates, and instances

altho - Marty Tankleff being falsely imprisoned is a HUGE whopper of a criminal
conspiracy, and he was blessed to have Bruce Barket as his attorney. That man
has a brain in his head, and he's not a clown like that Ray character.

I do know for a fact that Burke is no mother theresa and that Spota guy
illegally wire tapped the 15 palace guards that were being interrogated by the feds,
and the feds said disbaraging things against the SCPD and Spota in particular
and Spota took those wiretaps and whined to loretta lynch

and then Lynch had no choice but to have Spota prosecuted for
obstruction of justice

So
is that a good answer for you LR1?

After reading many, many news stories and posts (within this plethora of WS threads - which would includes Burke's history within the department) it's my opinion that the Loeb crime was not an isolated incident. Call it "speculative" if ya' want... but I don't think I'm buying a bridge too far. Easy little leap, imo.

I don't think cooperation with the Feds in solving the LISK case was at the top Burke's activity list... for years. Heck, the Loeb beating took place in 2012, right??

** I don't know about a massive cover-up by the department, but I think it's been tainted

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe even better. Would it have changed anything? Peaches is the one unidentified that they did have a possible lead on because of the tattoo artist. With the revelation that it was her came the knowledge it wasn't just her but she had a toddler in tow. That's another clue to add to what the artist told them, maybe they were trying to sort it out before letting on all that they knew. That's just a guess. There's two jurisdictions involved, how well is the cooperation?. She was first found in Nassau, who's case is it? Is her case related to the rest? Too many unknowns. They could've held back for several reasons. If you feel there's a nefarious reason for holding back that info feel free to state your case.

You don't feel that the fact peaches was a mother and missing with her child is vital to identifying her?

This post came as a surprise to me.
Specifics? Hawk has been listing them for years. Theres no reasonable reason to discount or dismiss anything he has posted over the years.
Burke? He ran the dept like the mafia.
Dets and cops were afraid of him.
He impacted the entire dept.
He was a pimp.
He ruined lives and families.
He never would have gotten away with this crap in NYC. Its why he ZOOMED in on the SCPD.
He was Spotas wingman.
And then Spota became his wingman.

Breakingbad. Its not our job to crack this case.

right on.

The people on this thread could't solve a missing shoe lace if it came off their shoe
in the garage, but yet they can rip apart people in authority at scpd without specific
names, dates, and instances

altho - Marty Tankleff being falsely imprisoned is a HUGE whopper of a criminal
conspiracy, and he was blessed to have Bruce Barket as his attorney. That man
has a brain in his head, and he's not a clown like that Ray character.

I do know for a fact that Burke is no mother theresa and that Spota guy
illegally wire tapped the 15 palace guards that were being interrogated by the feds,
and the feds said disbaraging things against the SCPD and Spota in particular
and Spota took those wiretaps and whined to loretta lynch

and then Lynch had no choice but to have Spota prosecuted for
obstruction of justice

So
is that a good answer for you LR1?

You're trying to get me in trouble BB. Have I talked to you before? You sound very, very familiar. I'm LR by the way. Yep, been here this whole time under the same handle with nfg.

We could rename these forums to the Long Island Skeptics Society and wouldn't be that far off the mark if content has anything to do with it. People can believe what they want to believe but if they're convinced that this one can't be solved because of corruption, I never understood their need to show up only to remind us of their lost cause.

No one should be surprised that one of the largest agencies in the country has some corruption. Not even at its highest levels. A lot of politics involved and cut throat mentality whether its trying to stay at the top or climb the ladder. One problem with the LE did it and covered it up scenario among others is that there are way too many involved for that not to have been exposed by now.

I'm reminded when ray and the party favor held the press conference and the hysteria that whole thing caused. Boy they sure had high hopes on those revelations being the smoking gun. I hear she might be in some trouble and thought it ironic that she could be be doing time as he's being let out. And for the record you can throw all the corrupt ones in jail and throw away the key for all I care. The point is, that will do nothing about the question of who killed these women.

After reading many, many news stories and posts (within this plethora of WS threads - which would includes Burke's history within the department) it's my opinion that the Loeb crime was not an isolated incident. Call it "speculative" if ya' want... but I don't think I'm buying a bridge too far. Easy little leap, imo.

I don't think cooperation with the Feds in solving the LISK case was at the top Burke's activity list... for years. Heck, the Loeb beating took place in 2012, right??

** I don't know about a massive cover-up by the department, but I think it's been tainted

Hopefully I won't trigger anyone by mentioning this name but Dormer and I think also Verrone tells us that FBI were consulted in the very beginning, before burke even took his spot. I don't know to what extent but again It's on the local agency to do the legwork.

Not sure about when loeb as I've not kept up with it.

You don't feel that the fact peaches was a mother and missing with her child is vital to identifying her?

Sure it might have helped identify but like I said maybe they had reasons, maybe even ridiculous reasons, wouldn't have to be nefarious ones. I'm trying to think, before the link was made known did peaches autopsy reveal she had given birth?

This post came as a surprise to me.
Specifics? Hawk has been listing them for years. Theres no reasonable reason to discount or dismiss anything he has posted over the years.
Burke? He ran the dept like the mafia.
Dets and cops were afraid of him.
He impacted the entire dept.
He was a pimp.
He ruined lives and families.
He never would have gotten away with this crap in NYC. Its why he ZOOMED in on the SCPD.
He was Spotas wingman.
And then Spota became his wingman.

Breakingbad. Its not our job to crack this case.

Yeah that sounds like a great made for tv movie but it falls short on facts regarding him or them actually doing the killing or being able to cover it up.

Sure it might have helped identify but like I said maybe they had reasons, maybe even ridiculous reasons, wouldn't have to be nefarious ones. I'm trying to think, before the link was made known did peaches autopsy reveal she had given birth?

Sure it might have helped? Kind of like how knowing asian male is hispanic would help id him? I believe yes they thought she gave birth maybe even c-section. Can you give me any examples in the history of ever when police have intentionally withheld the identification of unidentified serial killer victims from the public and their families? How can you possibly ask for proof of a cover up in this case? You must be a blind man.

LR1, I never said or implied that he did the killing.
I do think MAYBE this crime could of been solved if Burke, Spota, and Co were never part of the equation.

Leanne may have her troubles.
But she did expose LH.
The issue may be seperate and distinct.
Who cares? I dont.

Sure it might have helped? Kind of like how knowing asian male is hispanic would help id him? I believe yes they thought she gave birth maybe even c-section. Can you give me any examples in the history of ever when police have intentionally withheld the identification of unidentified serial killer victims from the public and their families? How can you possibly ask for proof of a cover up in this case? You must be a blind man.
Consider this also.
The toddler was entered into NAMUS. But it was done in a way that would ensure she could not be found if someone happen to be looking for her.

Yeah that sounds like a great made for tv movie but it falls short on facts regarding him or them actually doing the killing or being able to cover it up.
Falls short on facts?
OK. Theres something else going on here.

LR1, I never said or implied that he did the killing.
I do think MAYBE this crime could of been solved if Burke, Spota, and Co were never part of the equation.

Leanne may have her troubles.
But she did expose LH.
The issue may be seperate and distinct.
Who cares? I dont.

Last night I found a posting on Reddit from a working girl. She said the girls know who the killer is and survived his wrath because they did what they were told. She believes it is a cop but not Burke. I believe Burke knows who the killer is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz