Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

Is Katrina's ex the father of the deceased children? If not, where is their father?

TBH I didn't really get the feel for financial hardships in that family..Having that acreage in that area with a pool and off road buggy seems a bit of a luxury but maybe I missed something. Certainly the disability could be trying and with changes to NDIS lately a final straw. Really don't know, but I still wonder about where Katrina's ex comes into this tragedy, if at all.

I really don't know, but it is hard to fathom a motive except for "dire circumstances" unless there was some kind of deep, untreated depression and/or other mental illness. I wonder if they were over-stretched on the mortgage?

It is heart-breaking.

The bodies of two adults were found outside close to a shed that had been converted into a residence, while five were discovered inside. All the victims appeared to have gunshot wounds, said police.
Victims have been named as Katrina Miles, with her four children aged from eight to 13 years old. They have been named by as Take, 13, Rylan, 11, Arye, 10, and Kadyn, 8, The Daily Telegraph reports.
Katrina’s parents, Cynda and Peter Miles are listed as owners of the property and are also believed to have lived there.
A “male person” connected to the property called police early on Friday morning. It is believed the triple-0 call was made by the killer, a man who is among the dead.
The force have since described what they found as a “horrific tragedy” and are treating it as a murder suicide.
Only a month ago, Ms Miles claimed on her Facebook page that: “My ex does not stop stalking me” according to The Australian.

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...a/news-story/77d88b0ab55d72537d8861cdd0ce544a

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s understood all four kids had autism and were homeschooled.

25 photos of the property

A PIECE OF PARADISE - 30 ACRES PLUS 2 HOMES

A leisurely drive taking in the view of the rolling hills down Osmington Road, just 15 minutes from the Margaret River town centre is a piece of paradise, the tree change you have been waiting for.

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-lifestyle-wa-osmington-7683483

Purchased in 2014

A “male person” connected to the property called police....

That’s a very curious way of describing the caller. I’m thinking it could be the older son.

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...a/news-story/77d88b0ab55d72537d8861cdd0ce544a

I will be very surprised if it turns out to be one of the kids that is responsible for this. The oldest was only 13 and these were not semi-automatic weapons.
From reports the shots fired were spaced out. I think it would have had to have been planned, with the two weapons that were found, readied, loaded and with extra ammunition on hand. In my opinion, 13-year-old, even if high functioning, could not carry out without loosing control of the situation.

The two residents on the property do not appear to be visible to each other, (woods). 2 bodies outside, 4 inside. 2 weapons, i assume outside. The building (shed) converted to residence was a machine shop, three times the size of the parents home. Odd for both parents to be out at daughters residence around 4 in the morning.

From the size the the building/house and reading the shots were spaced apart I would image after the first shot the other three scattered, possible reason for random shots. Also the shots fired could have woken the mother (grandmother) to go to daughters residence.

Why are y'all so sure the ex is not involved? Is it because of the body count? Maybe it's incorrect......Maybe it's 7 murder victims and 1 suicide victim.

??

im thinking given the choice in eye wear that's her brother/s. With kids, grandma, grandpa so yeah more than likely not her in-laws. Hard for me to believe one of these people killed 7 people (might be more to it?), just so tragic :(

Yep that's the brothers of the mum. I believe there is also another brother that passed away in 2003 aged in his twenties. I so hope the remaining family are surrounded with the support necessary to get through this devastation.

From the size the the building/house and reading the shots were spaced apart I would image after the first shot the other three scattered, possible reason for random shots. Also the shots fired could have woken the mother (grandmother) to go to daughters residence.

That's what I was thinking, she was met as she was on her way to help. Other than that, all I could think of (and I doubt this a lot) was that maybe two of them were in on this plan and took themselves outside after the fact.

I too would be surprised if it was the son. But anything is possible.

Cynda looked to be very involved in the community...selling handmade crafts, community meetings etc. Just so damn sad!

Why are y'all so sure the ex is not involved? Is it because of the body count? Maybe it's incorrect......Maybe it's 7 murder victims and 1 suicide victim.

??

I think because it was stated that shooter was connected to the property and the only way he would really be 'connected' to the property is that his ex (and kids?) lives there.

I think because it was stated that shooter was connected to the property and the only way he would really be 'connected' to the property is that his ex (and kids?) lives there.

Just my opinion, but I don't think that wording disqualifies him. My ex is connected to my property. He was just over here yesterday to drop something off.

Dr Haynes, a former university philosophy lecturer and former shire councillor, said the family had moved to rural Osmington from Margaret River about three years ago for the safety and seclusion of rural life.

“Pete worked at the high school teaching agriculture to students but he had some disagreement with the principal about the way it should be done because he believed in sustainability and so he set out to prove you could make a living and be self-sufficient on a farm out here,” Dr Haynes said.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/marg...-of-farm-life-and-the-community-ng-b88833446z

Something possibly unrelated:
I did a search for "Forever Dreaming Farm" (the Miles' name for their sustainable farming project) and found the FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Forever-Dreaming-Farm-171244946978214/about/?ref=page_internal
but I also found an odd Youtube channel...if possible can someone verify whether it's likely that these two pieces of security footage came from the same "Forever Dreaming Farm"...with the night vision it's hard to see if the properties might match...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5n8CaqqfSm7jhhCMhpngw/videos

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathangel333
Back