Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing you a smooth transition. Onward!

No, the new software automatically fits into whatever you are using. Tapatalk is obsolete with this new software.

The software is called XenForo.

So will we only be able to access via browser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you cancel? I looked up the "Contact us" but it wasn't very helpful.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

At the bottom right of my Tapatalk app main page, click on ‘me’ and there is an ‘unsubscribe VIP’ to click on
I’m on an iPhone I don’t know if it’s different for other devices

I’m not really sure what you’re talking about to be honest. I had a problem viewing the websleuths website on my iPhone browser. It would only show one post per thread. Idk what you mean by “even my old, old first generation iPad handled opening it with posts viewable as before”. Before what? Were you experiencing the same issue as me before?

I’m 31 and pretty tech savvy. However I was not able to figure out the issue with my phone vs the websleuths website which is why I downloaded tapatalk. I am hoping it is not still an issue for me on the new platform.
I’m sorry bears, I wasn’t clear at all. When I said “before” I’m referring to how I view WS as it is now. I flip back and forth between tabs for this site and the beta site. There is no difference in the amount of posts I can view at a time. I’ve never experienced a problem with the viewing of one post per thread at a time as you describe. I hope I haven’t confused you even more. I’m bad at that.

I'm curious about this too. I actually like tapatalk because I follow several different forums with it.
So will we only be able to access via browser?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

At the bottom right of my Tapatalk app main page, click on ‘me’ and there is an ‘unsubscribe VIP’ to click on
I’m on an iPhone I don’t know if it’s different for other devices

I have an android and can't find anywhere to unsubscribe. Anyone know how to unsubscribe on android?

How do you cancel? I looked up the "Contact us" but it wasn't very helpful.

Open Google Play, go to "My Subscriptions" and any apps you have paid subscriptions to will be listed there. Then you just click cancel subscription and voila! Pretty easy, I did it from my laptop.

ETA: If you do it through the Play Store App, it just says Subscriptions with a refresh type symbol before it. You find that in the menu i the upper left corner, click the three lines and it will drop down for you. I hoe that helps!

I am perfectly happy with the status quo. But just call me old fashioned I guess.
Im sure Ill be able to adjust. Hopefully.

So we can sign in with our usual usernames? I’m a little uneasy about it all.

and, all the previous posts with all of our research, that’s all going to be there, as well, right? IOW, nothing will be lost. Right?

Yes, when I've tested beta I had no issues logging in with my current login information.

Also, what about posters that haven’t been on in a while, and they just show up and don’t know what’s going on. Will they know what’s going on, will they be able to find us? Or, should we prepare for an empending anxiety attack.

i have no idea!

This kind of “move” doesn’t happen overnight, or even in a week or two — it requires a great deal of r search and planning. For months.

Exactly. And when it's been planned for months and then ad revenues go down, donations need to be requested.

A request,

Can you leave a placemark at the old site, so that we can get to the new site without a problem?

Ie. "We've moved! Please update your bookmarks." And will you keep this placeholder in effect for some time so that our WS community members can all find our new home?

Much appreciated! Thank you all!

Satch

I don’t understand moving period. I’ve read on other forums like that, and found them less user friendly. Oh well.......

I was/am one of the beta testers. The new forum is great and not hard to navigate at all. It is bright and sunny in there and as if someone opened the drapes and let the sunshine in! At least that is the way it seems to me.

I remember when I hated moving from an old layout to this one and didn't really like it st first. Then, after a time, I grew to love it.

IMO, the new one will be great!

Just like when y'all announce the current thread is closing, please follow here?
A request,

Can you leave a placemark at the old site, so that we can get to the new site without a problem?

Ie. "We've moved! Please update your bookmarks." And will you keep this placeholder in effect for some time so that our WS community members can all find our new home?

Much appreciated! Thank you all!

Satch

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads