Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
eta78t

I am getting an X when I try to insert an image.

I noticed that the image is from goo.gl, visit Tutorial - How to post images from Google Photos for a good writeup on this subject.

Thank you to all who replied about my color/migraine issue. I am giving twilight a try.... yay, more new software to learn! LOL

Edit: Scratch that, had to go with Flux on my chromebook. Twilight isnt available, but using it on my phone.

Last edited:
Wish I could say that. I need a nightmode option. For some reason the white background and the orange everything is driving my eyes crazy and I have had a migraine since yesterday.

Me too! It is horrible for my head-& keeping me away from my favorite website and reading/helping my Pet Cases

Can someone put Weinstein in the search bar and tell me what they see? It’s something I’m trying to explain in regards to forum glitches.

TIA

I love the new alert feature but I woke up to 94 alerts :eek: There's no way I can read them all and I don't even have "conversations" enabled. I can't imagine if people were private messaging me too!

I'm not complaining though-- most of the alerts seem to be telling me someone liked a post :D

All in all, I am loving this new site. It just will take some getting used to, to get to the point where I can keep up. There seem to be multiple ways to follow a thread here now. That is both good and overwhelming at the same time :p

That is funny. I don't post that much therefore I am not going to have very many. This week is the very most I've posted so much in so little time period.

I was awarded the trophy of "seriously likeable" in my alert box and since I'll probably never get to be a "well- known member" why can't my trophy award be placed by the powers that be who awarded me under my avatar, lol?

And in my alert box someone "followed" me. I had to ask (privately) what did that mean. It's an honor but who would want to follow someone who rarely posts and not so interesting posts lol?

I do agree with your last paragraph. I never learned the prior software program but this one has sure got some awesome features if i can ever manage to learn them all or even half of them. Very overwhelming and then some.

Thank you for your post!

OK, try highlighting everything you pasted and then press the Remove Formatting tool. I just did some experiments on posting formatted text from the forum homepage and that is what finally worked for me.

No, that didn't work either. The reason I draft long posts in Word is because my internet has dropped out a number of times after a lot of time has been spent composing it in WS. I have my PC set to do autosaves every minute for the same reason. At least I lose very little that way.

Thank you for you spending the time trying to help. I appreciate it.

Maybe Dave could have a look at this issue.

No, that didn't work either. The reason I draft long posts in Word is because my internet has dropped out a number of times after a lot of time has been spent composing it in WS. I have my PC set to do autosaves every minute for the same reason. At least I lose very little that way.

Thank you for you spending the time trying to help. I appreciate it.

Maybe Dave could have a look at this issue.

Sorry, it is not a software issue. May I suggest using notepad instead of word.

I am so happy that this new forum takes us to the exact spot we were in the last time we were reading a thread! I gladly deleted all my bookmarks I had saved for all the threads I was following. There will also not be any "marking my spot" posts anymore either!

I also love that long quotes are put into a smaller box!! This will greatly reduce scrolling.

Unfortunately, I still have not figured out how to mark my spot, I continue to bookmark on my tablet.

I do agree love that long posts do not appear when replying to a post. Awesome feature.

Thank you for your post.

ETA: Will I ever learn all these many cool features?

That is funny. I don't post that much therefore I am not going to have very many. This week is the very most I've posted so much in so little time period.

I was awarded the trophy of "seriously likeable" in my alert box and since I'll probably never get to be a "well- known member" why can't my trophy award be placed by the powers that be who awarded me under my avatar, lol?

And in my alert box someone "followed" me. I had to ask (privately) what did that mean. It's an honor but who would want to follow someone who rarely posts and not so interesting posts lol?

I do agree with your last paragraph. I never learned the prior software program but this one has sure got some awesome features if i can ever manage to learn them all or even half of them. Very overwhelming and then some.

Thank you for your post!

Katherine go to your personal settings. You will see the boxes to check off for what you don’t want alerts on.

I checked everything off with the exception of new post on watched threads. Otherwise you will be bombarded with stuff. The trophies don’t mean anything.

How do you find new cases to follow if only a forums page and a watched thread pages exists. I used to click which forums I wanted to subscribe to and could always unsubscribe from specific sub threads. I don’t know how to follow new stories because I can only see a large list of the forums which doesn’t show recent posts or my watches threads, which only has posts on the stories I follow but already know about. Thank you.

I'm a little slow in getting back here to read - and don't know if this has been answered for you. Here's a link to Home >> Forums:

Websleuths

or that is NOT what you want. I did notice on the right side of the page there are Current Threads that appear towards the top of the page after where it says "Advertisement".

Now the "Home" page is the same as the "Forums" page. The link I gave you above USED to go to a page called "Activity Thread" and listed cases people were posting on the page instead of the smaller box what's on the right side of the page that I mentioned above. So that link got deleted...

I think that's what you were looking for.... now let's see if I can go back to page 14 where I left off reading and not end up on the last page 26.... I have a LOT to read here!
glare-smiley-face.gif

well - geez I should have read the next post! Gardiner gave you the link...
doh-smiley.gif

Thanks Gardiner - I know I'm spelling your name wrong, but can't go back and look, as I'm in the edit box.

They were on the old WS also!

Those bots are all over the internet it is not just a WS thing.

The neat thing is we know "they" are on here. It's funny (or not so funny) to see how many robots are lurking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500