GUILTY FL - Joleen Cummings, 34, Nassau Co, 12 May 2018 *ARREST*

I may have missed it... has there been any confirmed connection between Kessler and the ex bf? If not, I wonder if Kessler knew that the ex bf had some issues of his own, and figured that he would automatically be the prime suspect in joleens disappearance/murder.

I may have missed it... has there been any confirmed connection between Kessler and the ex bf? If not, I wonder if Kessler knew that the ex bf had some issues of his own, and figured that he would automatically be the prime suspect in joleens disappearance/murder.
It is very possible that it could have come up in the days before Joleen went missing and Kimberly was aware of the situation.

It is very possible that it could have come up in the days before Joleen went missing and Kimberly was aware of the situation.

Was Kessler working there for a little while? I don’t remember if she was new or not. If she had been there for a bit, she may have overheard joleen talking about fights over a period of time, or just the ex bfs past in general.

Was Kessler working there for a little while? I don’t remember if she was new or not. If she had been there for a bit, she may have overheard joleen talking about fights over a period of time, or just the ex bfs past in general.
The news stories so far have it that Kimberly worked there for about a month.

The news stories so far have it that Kimberly worked there for about a month.

Thank you for the info. I’m having a hard time retaining info lately and it’s super frustrating.

Kimberly scares me. The amount of aliases as well as stealing identities, combined with being a murder suspect is concerning.

Holy moly !! 18 names. Seriously how do you even remember who you currently are at any given time. The press conference was difficult to watch her poor mother was so brave. It also showed support and spelt out all they are doing. They may realise there is a bigger thing going on here but the focus was on Joleen. I pray they find her. Interesting nothing was said about the guy. I agree with above poster that this psycho most likely overheard issues about the ex showing up.

I believe this is not her first rodeo either. Really, who kills a co worker because they just don't like them or they have an argument?
I don’t think that’s exactly why she killed her. I get the impression the argument wasn’t meant to happen in front of other coworkers. IMO, this woman knew of Joleen’s issues with her ex. She wanted to frame him and it looked like it might work in the very beginning of this case. I’m leaning towards she was going to frame the boyfriend and steal Joleen’s identity to an extent. She would use Joleen’s first name and ID with her photo to create a new identity elsewhere. Joleen missing, boyfriend the main suspect, Kimberly or whatever the heck her name is skips town and starts anew, yet again. I see this woman as getting sloppy with this most recent crime because she has gotten away with so much through the years. Her confidence with not getting caught is actually what got her caught. She was too sure of herself, Thank God. And now she will never see the light of day. Just my thoughts..she is a complete sociopath.

I don’t think that’s exactly why she killed her. I get the impression the argument wasn’t meant to happen in front of other coworkers. IMO, this woman knew of Joleen’s issues with her ex. She wanted to frame him and it looked like it might work in the very beginning of this case. I’m leaning towards she was going to frame the boyfriend and steal Joleen’s identity to an extent. She would use Joleen’s first name and ID with her photo to create a new identity elsewhere. Joleen missing, boyfriend the main suspect, Kimberly or whatever the heck her name is skips town and starts anew, yet again. I see this woman as getting sloppy with this most recent crime because she has gotten away with so much through the years. Her confidence with not getting caught is actually what got her caught. She was too sure of herself, Thank God. And now she will never see the light of day. Just my thoughts..she is a complete sociopath.
But why did she need another ID? You can leave a job that you don't like without killing someone so that you can take over their ID. I just don't get it.

But why did she need another ID? You can leave a job that you don't like without killing someone so that you can take over their ID. I just don't get it.
Why did she need 18+ identities in too many to remember states? Normal people leave jobs they don’t like. This woman is not normal. She’s the epitome of a sociopath. There’s no making sense of crazy. It’s just that-crazy.

I've just read through the whole thread. I'm flabbergasted......this sounds like fiction, or a very imaginative horror film. This woman "Kimberley" is a flat out psycho. She doesn't need 18 identities. I think she gets off on deception and being all these new people, it's a friggin game to her, getting away with it all this time. omg. How awful and tragic that poor Joleen would cross paths with this lunatic criminal.

I believe this is not her first rodeo either. Really, who kills a co worker because they just don't like them or they have an argument?
I have to agree, the first thoughts are this is not the first time. But what is the purpose I wonder ?
Is she a serial killer and knocks of people she can get away with or with someone around to blame (that’s a bad thought really as who’s sitting in prison blamed for other murders) or is she just a weirdo opportunist running from her original self - stealing ID along the way and killing when she thinks she needs to.
With all those names and places they need to blast her photo nationally

Kimberly Lee Kessler, aka Jennifer Sybert, was reported missing on July 4, 2004 in Butler, Butler County Pennsylvania, according to a missing person’s poster for her. However, her family did not report her missing to authorities for eight years.

Authorities say that Kessler, who was using the name Jennifer Sybert in Florida, is suspected in the disappearance of Joleen Cummings, 34. Both women worked at the Tangles hair salon. Now in a strange twist, Joleen Cummings is the missing person, and Kessler has been found. The salon is located in Yulee, Florida.
4B1A87F8-5B32-425E-B7B2-F8DA31587015.jpeg
Kessler has been charged with auto theft while the investigation into Cummings’ disappearance continues. Investigators in the Jacksonville area say they have evidence to believe a mom who vanished on Mother's Day is no longer alive.

She is also accused of stealing the name of a young girl who died in Germany.
80E7377E-F728-448B-8ECF-955CB3AF04A2.jpeg
Sybert is currently being held at the Nassau County jail. She also faces a federal charge of possession of a counterfeit passport.

The FBI is building a case against Sybert and is sending resources to help Nassau County detectives.

“As we continue to gather more and more evidence and facts, we have learned that this case is very unusual, and one that I’m not sure we have ever seen in Nassau County,” Sheriff Leeper said.

Sheriff Leeper said he can’t reveal more because it could compromise the investigation.

“I will say this, when we provide all the details, I believe our community will be shocked,” Sheriff Leeper added.
77536A13-9805-4C23-A19E-DB4ADCDE52AA.jpeg 5E6D7844-FB3C-48CC-9AA0-18237331DE2E.jpeg 3E1A9A21-A165-4B41-BFC4-4209DE0AAF4A.jpeg 5B675906-000F-4D90-A8DF-F9F723FDE51E.jpeg 9E45BD8D-290F-49EC-87D5-2C2A08FB0D9D.jpeg 535B2076-714D-478A-987F-2E76533DFCBC.jpeg
Police in Florida say that the suspect in the disappearance of a hairdresser has had 18 aliases, and lived in 33 cities and 14 states since 1996. She has worked various jobs including truck driver, waitress and stylist.

Sybert is due for arraignment in Nassau County Court June 7, 2018.

Anyone with information on Cummings or Kessler should call the Nassau County Sheriff’s Department at (904) 548-4005 or First Coast Crime Stoppers at (866) 845-8477 (TIPS). Online at www.fccrimestoppers.com. You may remain anonymous

Press conference Nassau County Sheriff:
Thread for Joleen Cummings

News Articles:
Kimberly Kessler AKA Jennifer Sybert: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

Who is Jennifer Sybert: Suspect in Nassau County mom's disappearance

Joleen Cummings: Suspect has used 18 aliases, reward for information increases

Sheriff: Suspect in disappearance of Fla. mom has had 18 aliases, lived in 33 cities

Last edited:

From the article.

The FBI is building a case against Sybert and is sending resources to help Nassau County detectives.

“As we continue to gather more and more evidence and facts, we have learned that this case is very unusual, and one that I’m not sure we have ever seen in Nassau County,” Sheriff Leeper said.

Sheriff Leeper said he can’t reveal more because it could compromise the investigation.

“I will say this, when we provide all the details, I believe our community will be shocked,” Sheriff Leeper added.

I somehow remember the mugshot with orange shirt and I think, I've seen it besides the mugshot of a man ..... time ago. This case here wasn't known to me until today. Would like to know what connection it may have been before.
I think you mean Jason Gee who was a POI at first. Everybody was surprised when they learned a missing woman is a murder suspect in another missing woman‘s disappearance, and not the ex-boyfriend with a long rap sheet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back