Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may even turn out that the cab was a deliberate setup of an alibi. Taken somewhere else completely, where a vehicle was stashed or something.

Good thought. I meant to mark 'like' but my finger hit "reply" and I cannot get rid of 'reply box' without posting. Help appreciated if anyone knows how to do that.

This is interesting and makes some sense as to why Evan's determined suicide. So did DM curl up his dad's thumb when he came home, prior to calling MB? The "genius" may have done some research about rigor mortis. I wonder if information was found on his computer.

And, he says, to a certain extent, the decision hinged on how his left hand was found with his thumb curled up, which "might have been consistent" with holding the gun and pulling the trigger with his thumb.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Court is now back in session. Crown Ken Lockhart is continuing his questioning of retired Toronto police Det. James Hutcheon. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Hutcheon said he wanted to make sure the scene was properly photographed and things seized because Millard's death felt suspicious to him. He asked Burns and Millard to come to 22 division and give video statements about the incident. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
The Crown again asking about Burns' demeanour. Hutcheon says she was upset, but had no objection to giving a statement. Millard was still calm, he says, and didn't object to giving a statement either. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Hutcheon says he didn't tell either Burns or Millard that they were required to give statements. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
"I didn't think he was a suspect in the murder, but I wasn't going to rule that out in my mind," Hutcheon says, about interviewing Millard. #Millard

"Did you think there was a murder at that point?" Lockhart asks. "I wasn't sure," Hutcheon responds. #Millard

Thank you for taking over before lunch, Kamille! :D

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 22s23 seconds ago
Hutcheon is now talking about meeting Burns at 22 Division and interviewing her. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 47s48 seconds ago
She gave a 31-minute statement, he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 25s26 seconds ago
Hutcheon says he also asked Millard to wait while they spoke with his mother. The Crown is now asking about "investigative detention" -- where a person who is being interviewed feels like they can't leave. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6s7 seconds ago
He says Burns was not under investigative detention. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 28s28 seconds ago
Hutcheon says she wasn't a suspect for anything. "There was no reason to think she might be a possible suspect," he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 20s20 seconds ago
Hutcheon says the coroner told him this seems like 60 to 70 per cent suicide, 30 to 40 per cent suspicious. We heard previously the cause of death is determined on a balance of probabilities. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Hutcheon says he requested a homicide detective at that time because of the coroner's suspicions. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 28s29 seconds ago
He says he did get a call back from a homicide detective, and advised him of the coroner's concerns. "He advised that he will not be attending the scene, and he was going to follow up with the sudden death report..." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 18s19 seconds ago
...the scene of the crime photographs, and he would do that in the morning." #Millard

Hutcheon says he was "going to do as much as he could to assist with a larger investigation." He says he didn't have warrants to seize anything, but he looked around the house and made observations. He said the "setup of the house raised my suspicions more." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 32s33 seconds ago
Hutcheon is now talking about his interview with Millard, inside the police station. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 15s15 seconds ago
Court is going to see that video of Millard being interviewed. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 30s30 seconds ago
In the video, Millard is wearing a black jacket, a black hat, and has a greenish/grey bag slung across his shoulder. #Millard

This is a 50 minute interview. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 40s40 seconds ago
It's from Nov. 30, at 1:30 a.m. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6s6 seconds ago
Hutcheon says in the video that the statement is under oath. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 26s27 seconds ago
Hutcheon says if he understands, and wants to give a statement. He says, "sure, let's do it." #Millard

Michele Mandel Retweeted
Toronto Sun‏Verified account @TheTorontoSun 11m11 minutes ago
Coroner defends ruling Wayne Millard death a suicide. http://bit.ly/2Jj8Ww4

De3k4r0W0AAs7MN.jpg

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 39s39 seconds ago
Millard says on Thursday he got back to the house sometime between 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. he got back to the house. He had been working in Waterloo at the hangar. He says he came in through the side door. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s32 seconds ago
Millard says he walked down the hallway to his room and got a sweater out of the closet and was on his way back to the kitchen to get a snack when he noticed Wayne was still in bed. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now
He says that was odd because it was late in the afternoon. "I poked my head in, and something didn't seem right ... I walked into the room and saw blood on the pillow. For a moment I had to leave the room, I went back to my room." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 25s26 seconds ago
"Then I went back to my dad's room and called my mother ... I said there's blood all over his pillow, and he's dead." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s31 seconds ago
Millard says he stayed on the phone with her for a while, and then she left to drive over. He then texted his friend Andrew Michalski, who came over and waited with him in the driveway. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 23s23 seconds ago
He says Burns arrived, went in the house for less than ten minutes, and then came back out and called 911. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 50s51 seconds ago
Millard says he was at the hangar that day, and there were "all kinds of mechanics there." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 58s58 seconds ago
Millard says right now MillardAir is being reimagined as an MRO -- a garage to bring airplanes to get them fixed. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 32s32 seconds ago
Hutcheon asks how the new hangar and everything is going. "It's going," Millard says. "It's stressful." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7s7 seconds ago
"From an accounting standpoint it's not going well," Millard says in the video. #MIllard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 12s12 seconds ago
Millard says he thinks legally, he's the vice-president of the company. He says he went to Kitchener around noon that day. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 36s36 seconds ago
Hutcheon asks Millard when he got back to Etobicoke. "I'm just backwards engineering the hours," Millard responds. Says he had to drop off a friend who works with him, in Oakville. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 30s30 seconds ago
Millard says he last saw his father alive Wednesday around lunchtime. He was talking to Robert, their business adviser, at the time. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 27s28 seconds ago
Millard says they were talking about a manager, John Barnes, who has been, "difficult lately." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 18s18 seconds ago
Millard says he stayed at "Mark's house" in Oakville on Wednesday night. #Millard

This is Mark Smich -- who was also found guilty in the Bosma and Babcock murders. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 54s55 seconds ago
Millard says he also spends time at the family's residence on Riverside Drive, but primarily is staying at his father's place, on Maple Gate. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 23s23 seconds ago
"He threw out his back a while ago," #Millard says about his father. "Between seven to nine months ago. That really restricted his mobility. He was bedridden for two or three months. Recently, he has been able to drive himself out to Waterloo, and has an electric scooter there."

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 49s49 seconds ago
Millard says it was awkward for his father to get around the house, but he could. "Any other medical problems?" Hutcheon asks. Millard says he has a "very strong liver ... he's always liked alcohol, he always drank a lot." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 16s16 seconds ago
Millard says that his father stopped drinking when he hurt his back, but he started taking up drinking again in the last couple of months. Used to be whiskey, but now he drinks more wine, he says. #Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv