Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Barnes says he and Wayne were having a dispute about something called the "fall arrest system." Barnes says he gave the wrong number about a price for these at a meeting. #millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
We're now seeing an email that Wayne Millard sent Barnes on Thursday Nov. 29 at 2:50 a.m. It's about this system. Millard says the figures Barnes gave at an earlier meeting about this system are false. He calls this "blatantly irresponsible." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Barnes says he was "quite offended" by this, and sent an email back, but didn't get a response. The big thing here is the time -- that email appears to show that Wayne Millard was alive on Nov. 29 at 2:50 a.m. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC
3m3 minutes ago
We're now seeing an email that Wayne Millard sent Barnes on Thursday Nov. 29 at 2:50 a.m. It's about this system. Millard says the figures Barnes gave at an earlier meeting about this system are false. He calls this "blatantly irresponsible." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Barnes says he was "quite offended" by this, and sent an email back, but didn't get a response. The big thing here is the time -- that email appears to show that Wayne Millard was alive on Nov. 29 at 2:50 a.m. #Millard

Wow this is good. IMO it shows that he has no plans of committing suicide. Would a person who's about to kill himself be bothered to send business emails right before doing the deed?!

Or did DM use WM's phone to send those emails. Sounds more like his style.

Hmmm good point. It's possible, especially given the seemingly more abrasive tone of the email...?
Also possible, IMO, that he was, as JC suggested, talking to her on the phone from his desk and sent some emails at the same time.

Right? Because if it is, that says a helluva lot.

I wish we had more context.

I suspect this is the only relevant text to Smich in the recovered evidence, and that that is why Pillay made the point with Falconer that they couldn't know how many messages had been deleted and then had the space they were occupying overwritten.

Or did DM use WM's phone to send those emails. Sounds more like his style.

I thought we learned that WM was talking to JC until 3am? Either he had two cellphones or he was talking and emailing at the same one.

ETA: was there a computer in his bedroom?

anyone think there is a 'gotchya' moment coming? Or less evidence this time than in the previous 2?
I don't think there will be a "gotcha". Has the judge already seen all the evidence anyway at pre-trial? In jury cases, I would think "gotcha's" have a greater impact. Here they seem to be going through the motions and it will rest more on the final presentations. On the other hand I can't see a conviction on what's happened so far, so maybe the Crown has more, but if MB isn't called this could be over in a couple of days.

So it has been confirmed now that the business meeting that WM attended with DM on the day before his death (Nov 28) did indeed happen at WM's home (confirmed by John Barnes in today's trial testimony).... this can potentially explain (according to the defence) a reason for DM's wording, of going 'back' to the house (during his police interview after WM's body found).

Is this not problematic to the timeline? This tweet did not include the time in which the text was sent:
AC Report from WM trial June 12, 2018"
"Nov 29, 2012 Millard texts AM that he's going to drop Smich off at his home, then play DOTA, which is an online multiplayer game."
Or is it more lies, and DM really meant.. I'm on my way BACK to MS's house after just popping off my dad, so I can play DOTA and act like everything's normal.
Did MS even GO to the hangar that day? Did DM? He said he'd been at the hangar that day (29th) and that there were witnesses. We haven't heard from any of them. We've only heard from MM, who seemed to indicate nothing about MS having gone to the hangar with DM.. and in fact, she said that DM had returned from his nighttime excursion, and that they'd hung out that day, at least for part of the day.

I thought we learned that WM was talking to JC until 3am? Either he had two cellphones or he was talking and emailing at the same one.

ETA: was there a computer in his bedroom?
I don't recall any evidence to suggest that WM even had a cellphone. If WM did send that email he could have sat at his desk to send the email from a desktop computer, while speaking on either a landline or cellphone. I believe JC's testimony of having spoken with WM on the phone that night until 3am was just an estimation.

Back on day 2 I think it was, we heard that someone called Dena Colangelo was too ill to attend and that her evidence at pre-trial was being entered as evidence here. I think it is assumed that she was the housekeeper, but I don't recall that being confirmed. Does anyone know if her (or anyone else's for that matter) pre-trial evidence actually available?

I don't recall any evidence to suggest that WM even had a cellphone. If WM did send that email he could have sat at his desk to send the email from a desktop computer, while speaking on either a landline or cellphone. I believe JC's testimony of having spoken with WM on the phone that night until 3am was just an estimation.
If either JC or WM were using a cellphone, wouldn't there be a record of the time. I feel that as this is judge only there are a lot of specifics that we are not seeing because they don't need to be explained to a jury, but which might exist nonetheless.

"man accused of killing his father called his dad a failure and blamed him for the family company’s financial woes"

My bet is that WM heard a lot of this type of thing during his lifetime, from same person. I doubt if such a thing being said again would have impacted him in a depression type of way, it was probably just more of the same for him. I'm taking this as DM's excuse-making for what to tell those closest to him about why his dad would take his life.. then he could get sympathy from them, and bask in it. 'oh don't blame yourself... blah blah'
jmo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members