Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation:

So JC didn't think he was "tight" that night. He was probably excited about her upcoming birthday as suggested. So how did DM get WM's alcohol level up so high before shooting him? Do you think WM simply drinks himself to sleep? Do you think DM maybe stopped at the North Service Road/Dorval LCBO and bought those specific small size wine bottles he mentioned in his testimony and brought them home in a lululemon bag he got from say his dancer ex-fiance who he met for a quickie perhaps that night?

Maybe he said, "Oh, I just picked up this wine for my dad." "Here, Dell, you can take carry it in this lululemon bag. I have lots."

Do you think the LCBO might have had a date stamp of him having shopped there? Maybe WM had enough booze but if he wasn't getting around much except by scooter, maybe Dell offered to pick some up and then drug it too.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
The Crown is now re-examining. Jill Cameron is asking about cash. Woodward says Millard had said he had $10 million available for the business at the outset. He says "problems started" when they went over $5 million in costs. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
"It was apparent there wasn't $10 million to start with," he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
That's it for court today. I'll have an update online soon -- thanks everyone for following along. #Millard

Thank you @Jealoushe for stepping up today and posting the tweets. Much appreciated. :D

I agree with you, Deugirtni.
We've heard lots of bits and pieces that are suspicious and damning to DM, but without some key facts being proven surrounding the actual death, they are really just question marks.
If I didn't have any background knowledge of DM and the kind of stuff he and MS were up to, to be honest, I'm not sure I would be convinced, based solely on what we've heard during the trial so far, that WM did not commit suicide (IMO).

I’m thinking the same way, if I was a juror I’d be on the fence after hearing testimony regarding the business. It appears W or D had absolutely no experience in managing the type of facility that was built and as a result solely relied on expertise of employees. After investing millions of dollars, facing cost overruns that require borrowing to pay for wages and tools, then add Ws mobility issues involving his back, always painful, Ds irresponsible lifestyle, then after a month still no contracts to provide cash flow.

As much as I have no doubt DM would’ve pulled the trigger and not even winced, WM had to have known his big dream of setting up his son in business potentially was on the verge of a huge disaster.

Speculation:

So JC didn't think he was "tight" that night. He was probably excited about her upcoming birthday as suggested. So how did DM get WM's alcohol level up so high before shooting him? Do you think WM simply drinks himself to sleep? Do you think DM maybe stopped at the North Service Road/Dorval LCBO and bought those specific small size wine bottles he mentioned in his testimony and brought them home in a lululemon bag he got from say his dancer ex-fiance who he met for a quickie perhaps that night?

IIRC the toxicology report was that his blood alcohol level was 0.08 (80mg/100ml). That's the legal limit for driving in Ontario, but really, I doubt WM would have been very drunk at that level, especially since he drank a lot (apparently) and would therefore have a high tolerance. It could have just been a normal night over the course of which he had a few drinks.

ETA: Found the tweet. It was 85mg, so 0.085. above the legal limit but still not all that high, especially for a heavy drinker (IMO).
"Millard had 85 mg of alcohol in his system, Evans says -- so he was over the legal limit of 80. #Millard"

Last edited:
Picture this. WM sitting at his desk, having some wine, talking to his new love interest on the landline phone excitedly about birthday plans he had for her while simultaneously looking over information from that day's business meeting. Then firing off an angry email to a business associate that his son had been poisoning his mind about before retiring for the night. So he said goodnight to his new lady with plans to see her soon, signed off his computer, went to his room and undressed, got into bed and got comfortable with the blankets pulled right up and then he shot himself in the eye with the gun in a lululemon bag that he found in the basement of the house and had moved to his room for just such an occasion.

Okay then :rolleyes:

MOO
I picture this...

Wayne was kicked back, relaxing, enjoying his conversation with JC until the wee hours of the morning and then eventually disconnected with her, and retired to bed. For him, life was GOOD, and great things were about to happen with his business and his personal life. For the first time in a really long time, he was happy.

That's his very last memory, as he was sound asleep when his Demon spawn of a son entered the room, placed the gun in his hand, aimed it at his left eye (for reasons only God knows) and fired a single shot. In my scenario, Wayne never wakes up, never realizes the pain, or what happened. He just drifts off... and his of a son, begins his cover story.

I picture this...

Wayne was kicked back, relaxing, enjoying his conversation with JC until the wee hours of the morning and then eventually disconnected with her, and retired to bed. For him, life was GOOD, and great things were about to happen with his business and his personal life. For the first time in a really long time, he was happy.

That's his very last memory, as he was sound asleep when his Demon spawn of a son entered the room, placed the gun in his hand, aimed it at his left eye (for reasons only God knows) and fired a single shot. In my scenario, Wayne never wakes up, never realizes the pain, or what happened. He just drifts off... and his of a son, begins his cover story.
I think he would have died inst
DM was putting out reasons why WM "killed himself" and soliciting sympathy. It's unlikely he said any such thing to his father. The Crown should be asking if DM was the last person to be in the house after the meeting. When was he supposed to have said this to WM? He's a liar and a really bad alibi planner.

MOO
I think I read it today, I have read a lot today from the witnesses so I cannot remember when it was said.

I picture this...

If someone grabbed your hand when you were sleeping and put a gun in it, wouldn't you have jumped and fought? The gun was aimed perfectly so WM and DM had to be pretty still and quiet.

Picture this. WM sitting at his desk, having some wine, talking to his new love interest on the landline phone excitedly about birthday plans he had for her while simultaneously looking over information from that day's business meeting. Then firing off an angry email to a business associate that his son had been poisoning his mind about before retiring for the night. So he said goodnight to his new lady with plans to see her soon, signed off his computer, went to his room and undressed, got into bed and got comfortable with the blankets pulled right up and then he shot himself in the eye with the gun in a lululemon bag that he found in the basement of the house and had moved to his room for just such an occasion.

Okay then :rolleyes:

MOO

That's along my line of thinking.
Maybe MM did walk DM to the mall at 9:00 and he did go on his date until 1:00 AM. Then he decided he would rather go visit AM instead of MS. That would put him on the same cell tower as Maple Gate until 6:00AM.
He would want to distance himself from Maple Gate so he would not include this in his LE interview.

From MM's testimony:
Dellen was over, we ate, around I want to say 9 p.m., we ended up walking Dell to a corner store," Meneses says.
Meneses now says they ordered the pizza about ten minutes after they got back.
bbm

From MM's testimony:
Dellen was over, we ate, around I want to say 9 p.m., we ended up walking Dell to a corner store," Meneses says.
bbm

I noticed that too at the time.. they ate at 9, and then they ordered pizza 10 minutes after they got back from walking DM to the plaza.. I was thinking so they ate and then they ate? But time flies when you're having fun, right? So maybe it was later than MM realized (because MM was stoned)?

And how did he shoot himself without leaving any fingerprints on the gun?
No prints on the gun, only DM's DNA... so what does that mean? Hair? Saliva? Skin cells? Blood of his own? Have they gotten to that part of the testimony yet, as to what exactly was found on the gun? Did they ever match the bullet to the gun?

If someone grabbed your hand when you were sleeping and put a gun in it, wouldn't you have jumped and fought? The gun was aimed perfectly so WM and DM had to be pretty still and quiet.
Is it possible (yes it is!) that DM was actually waiting for his dad to get off the phone with JC, pointing at his watch, hurry up dad, I gotta talk to you.. so WM gets off the phone.. the two men chat for a bit.. here Dad, have a drink.. (laced with Percs?????), let's talk privately now about that meeting we had earlier here tonight... it ends up in disagreement, as DM fully expected and intended (or not, whatever)... WM heads off to bed.. DM waits for signs that WM is deep into sleep.. (which may be why the TOD was estimated to be sometime after 18 hours... so could have been as late as 5am before he was SURE that his dad was asleep???)?? Then he crawled into bed behind his dad (lots of room there to not even budge his dad's body if his dad was sleeping on his left side, close to the edge enough for blood to drip onto the side of the mattress.. so he had the same angle on his arm as WM would have - so perfect aim.. and he makes DAMN sure that he makes this one shot COUNT. No room for error.

From MM's testimony:
bbm

Try reading it as... Dellen was over in the afternoon. (She did say he got there in the afternoon) We ate dinner. (Maybe Mrs Smich cooked up some dinner?) Around, I want to say 9pm, we ended up walking Dell to a corner store. (This is a 15 minute walk according to google maps, so 30 minutes there and back, plus whatever time they spent at the store talking to DM before leaving him) We ordered the pizza about 10 minutes after we got back. So if they ate dinner around dinner time, not a stretch to believe they ordered a pizza around 10pm.

MOO

Question!

Did DM kill WM during daylight hours or did he turn a light on?

Sunrise was around 7:30am that day so the crime was committed while it was dark. Not sure how the room was lit up, but I'd think there had to be some light for him to get this shot. Hall light? Lamp? Flashlight? Cell phone light? Light from TV? Doubt he just clicked on an overhead light and marched into the room.

MOO

ETA: It also would have been dark when DM "found" WM around 6pm.

Last edited:
I’m thinking the same way, if I was a juror I’d be on the fence after hearing testimony regarding the business. It appears W or D had absolutely no experience in managing the type of facility that was built and as a result solely relied on expertise of employees. After investing millions of dollars, facing cost overruns that require borrowing to pay for wages and tools, then add Ws mobility issues involving his back, always painful, Ds irresponsible lifestyle, then after a month still no contracts to provide cash flow.

As much as I have no doubt DM would’ve pulled the trigger and not even winced, WM had to have known his big dream of setting up his son in business potentially was on the verge of a huge disaster.
I think with jurors, it is impossible for them to not let their own emotions have a bearing on the outcome. I think that the judge-only trial will be much more beneficial to DM than a jury trial would have been. The public, imho, is sick and tired of criminals being treated so leniently in the courts, and many people may be happy to help a criminal be put away... the jurors never have to, and in fact are never allowed to, disclose what got them to their verdict. A judge has higher expectations, must be professional, base his/her judgement on ONLY the evidence that is allowed, even if they have seen disallowed evidence, etc.
I was wondering what happens when...... say that Steam avator that DM posted in early November was taken into evidence two years ago.. what would the process have been to get that disallowed as evidence? Would it have been discussed at a pretrial motion? And if so, would that pretrial hearing be with the same judge that would be at trial? If not, then would bringing this photo into disclosure so late in the game, and the judge therefore seeing it, even though she is a pro.. would it be grounds for an appeal in the event the judge comes back with a guilty verdict?
All jmo and random inquisitiveness.

Is it possible (yes it is!) that DM was actually waiting for his dad to get off the phone with JC, pointing at his watch, hurry up dad, I gotta talk to you.. so WM gets off the phone.. the two men chat for a bit.. here Dad, have a drink.. (laced with Percs?????), let's talk privately now about that meeting we had earlier here tonight... it ends up in disagreement, as DM fully expected and intended (or not, whatever)... WM heads off to bed.. DM waits for signs that WM is deep into sleep.. (which may be why the TOD was estimated to be sometime after 18 hours... so could have been as late as 5am before he was SURE that his dad was asleep???)?? Then he crawled into bed behind his dad (lots of room there to not even budge his dad's body if his dad was sleeping on his left side, close to the edge enough for blood to drip onto the side of the mattress.. so he had the same angle on his arm as WM would have - so perfect aim.. and he makes DAMN sure that he makes this one shot COUNT. No room for error.

He called a cab at 1am. WM was still awake around 3am so there is little doubt in my mind that he was probably there while his father was still awake. Did he engage with him and talk to him after he hung up the phone? Possibly. More likely would be that he just went to his own room and feigned sleep until he knew WM was sleeping. I wonder if WM usually slept with the TV on? No one has mentioned that it was on when he was found. It was not on in the picture taken by LE that night.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member