Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the father get the gun? A gun that DM had illegally bought.

We dont know at this point but ......

Notice Dellen's comment when police told him they had found a gun next to Wayne .

Without being prompted Dellen blurted out was it a revolver ?

Only someone with foreknowledge would have said that.
The policeman noticed it too.

A similar moment was the very time they visited Dellen at the hangar early in the Bosma murder .... he was not even a suspect yet ..... Dellen blurted out .... "I have been expecting you"

So the text to AM to come over and keep him company was at 5:56pm. According to DM, he had already called MB and spent some time on the phone with her before texting AM. Therefore, it was over an hour before the first responders got there from the time he texted AM. More than that from the time he first called MB. Doesn't seem like anyone was in a hurry to contact emergency help.

MOO

Is it possible (yes it is!) that DM was actually waiting for his dad to get off the phone with JC, pointing at his watch, hurry up dad, I gotta talk to you.. so WM gets off the phone.. the two men chat for a bit.. here Dad, have a drink.. (laced with Percs?????), let's talk privately now about that meeting we had earlier here tonight... it ends up in disagreement, as DM fully expected and intended (or not, whatever)... WM heads off to bed.. DM waits for signs that WM is deep into sleep.. (which may be why the TOD was estimated to be sometime after 18 hours... so could have been as late as 5am before he was SURE that his dad was asleep???)?? Then he crawled into bed behind his dad (lots of room there to not even budge his dad's body if his dad was sleeping on his left side, close to the edge enough for blood to drip onto the side of the mattress.. so he had the same angle on his arm as WM would have - so perfect aim.. and he makes DAMN sure that he makes this one shot COUNT. No room for error.

I’m not understanding why DM would get into bed to shoot his father. Couldn’t he just wait until WM was snoring, creep into the bedroom toward the side of the bed his dad was facing, kneel down so his arm was level with the bed, fully extend his arm and aim the gun to shoot within centimetres of the eye and pull the trigger? Drop the gun, bend the thumb and he’s out of there.

We dont know at this point but ......

Notice Dellen's comment when police told him they had found a gun next to Wayne .

Without being prompted Dellen blurted out was it a revolver ?

Only someone with foreknowledge would have said that.
The policeman noticed it too.

A similar moment was the very time they visited Dellen at the hangar early in the Bosma murder .... he was not even a suspect yet ..... Dellen blurted out .... "I have been expecting you"
I did not notice that comment by DM, one thing is for sure the crown is aware of it. He was a liar but a very bad one and he kept forgetting things he had said. If you are going to lie you have to remember what you said.

-------------------
Dellen gave us a glimpse of his brutal character in this email to the (former) top manager at Millardair MRO
-------------------
emails from Feb. 11 2013,
(about the return of a laptop and some data.)

In this email, Barnes says he's also looking for a cheque for remaining expenses. Millard responds: "While you worked for me, we rarely spoke face to face. Lets keep it that way. Make your hostage trade with Robert, Dell."

Barnes says he got that cheque, but when he tried to cash it, it never went through, because it was cancelled.

From MM's testimony:
Dellen was over, we ate, around I want to say 9 p.m., we ended up walking Dell to a corner store," Meneses says.
Meneses now says they ordered the pizza about ten minutes after they got back.
bbm

So she didn’t say they left around 9:00 - she left that open.

They may have taken an hour to eat, they may have hung around for a couple of hours afterwards, smoking and talking, then took their time walking to the convenience store. Her statement isn't inconsistent with him getting a cab at 1am.

Sunrise was around 7:30am that day so the crime was committed while it was dark. Not sure how the room was lit up, but I'd think there had to be some light for him to get this shot. Hall light? Lamp? Flashlight? Cell phone light? Light from TV? Doubt he just clicked on an overhead light and marched into the room.

MOO

ETA: It also would have been dark when DM "found" WM around 6pm.
Also happened to be a full moon that night, adding some extra illumination.
Moon and Jupiter - November 28, 2012

I think with jurors, it is impossible for them to not let their own emotions have a bearing on the outcome. I think that the judge-only trial will be much more beneficial to DM than a jury trial would have been. The public, imho, is sick and tired of criminals being treated so leniently in the courts, and many people may be happy to help a criminal be put away... the jurors never have to, and in fact are never allowed to, disclose what got them to their verdict. A judge has higher expectations, must be professional, base his/her judgement on ONLY the evidence that is allowed, even if they have seen disallowed evidence, etc.
I was wondering what happens when...... say that Steam avator that DM posted in early November was taken into evidence two years ago.. what would the process have been to get that disallowed as evidence? Would it have been discussed at a pretrial motion? And if so, would that pretrial hearing be with the same judge that would be at trial? If not, then would bringing this photo into disclosure so late in the game, and the judge therefore seeing it, even though she is a pro.. would it be grounds for an appeal in the event the judge comes back with a guilty verdict?
All jmo and random inquisitiveness.

I don't think that photo was ever going to be entered as evidence because it was taken in 2005 when DM was taking make-up classes. Not really relevant but more of an eerie coincidence.

The reason the Crown wanted to enter it as evidence late in the game was because they just discovered over this past weekend, that it was added to his steam account 2 weeks before the murder, perhaps showing advance planning during the month of Nov 2012.

Therefore this judge had to make a ruling. She ruled on the side of caution which is probably for the best. The only thing they can try to appeal on if there is a guilty verdict, is what evidence the judge brings forward that she used in her ruling, not what evidence she saw but denied.

MOO

Is it possible (yes it is!) that DM was actually waiting for his dad to get off the phone with JC, pointing at his watch, hurry up dad, I gotta talk to you.. so WM gets off the phone.. the two men chat for a bit.. here Dad, have a drink.. (laced with Percs?????), let's talk privately now about that meeting we had earlier here tonight... it ends up in disagreement, as DM fully expected and intended (or not, whatever)... WM heads off to bed.. DM waits for signs that WM is deep into sleep.. (which may be why the TOD was estimated to be sometime after 18 hours... so could have been as late as 5am before he was SURE that his dad was asleep???)?? Then he crawled into bed behind his dad (lots of room there to not even budge his dad's body if his dad was sleeping on his left side, close to the edge enough for blood to drip onto the side of the mattress.. so he had the same angle on his arm as WM would have - so perfect aim.. and he makes DAMN sure that he makes this one shot COUNT. No room for error.

Does he really have to climb into bed with him to do it? lol

So much junk on the bed for DM's long legs to knock about.

Maybe he sat dad up against the pillow, did it and laid him down positioning him after. Did anyone ask a neighbour if they heard a gunshot? Would you hear one from that size gun?

Jun 12 2018 11:51 AM . ADAM CARTER
We're now seeing an email that Wayne Millard sent Barnes on Thursday Nov. 29 at 2:50 a.m. It's about this system. Millard says the figures Barnes gave at an earlier meeting about this system are false. He calls this "blatantly irresponsible."

Barnes says he was "quite offended" by this, and sent an email back, but didn't get a response. The big thing here is the time -- that email appears to show that Wayne Millard was alive on Nov. 29 at 2:50 a.m.

---------------

I am agreeing with a couple of other people here that it sounds more like a Dellen comment than a Wayne message , it would not surprise me if DM sent that from his dads email at 2:50 AM .

So the text to AM to come over and keep him company was at 5:56pm. According to DM, he had already called MB and spent some time on the phone with her before texting AM. Therefore, it was over an hour before the first responders got there from the time he texted AM. More than that from the time he first called MB. Doesn't seem like anyone was in a hurry to contact emergency help.

MOO

I don't recall it saying 5:56 but 7 something

Try reading it as... Dellen was over in the afternoon. (She did say he got there in the afternoon) We ate dinner. (Maybe Mrs Smich cooked up some dinner?) Around, I want to say 9pm, we ended up walking Dell to a corner store. (This is a 15 minute walk according to google maps, so 30 minutes there and back, plus whatever time they spent at the store talking to DM before leaving him) We ordered the pizza about 10 minutes after we got back. So if they ate dinner around dinner time, not a stretch to believe they ordered a pizza around 10pm.

MOO
I guess this is where proper English becomes really important? The comma is everything in this sentence! And this is when it really can help when there are at least two reporters reporting on the testimony. Ugh.

Is it: "Dellen was over. We ate, around I want to say 9pm. We ended up walking Dell to a corner store. He said he was getting picked up from there." She understood he was going on a date."

Or is it: "Dellen was over. We ate. Around I want to say 9pm we ended up walking Dell to a corner store. He said he was getting picked up from there." She understood he was going on a date."

From AC's Liveblog:
Jun 7 2018 10:27 AM
"Dellen was over, we ate, around I want to say 9 p.m., we ended up walking Dell to a corner store," Meneses says. "He said he was getting picked up from there." She understood he was going on a date.

Maybe he sat dad up against the pillow, did it and laid him down positioning him after. Did anyone ask a neighbour if they heard a gunshot? Would you hear one from that size gun?

I'm not insisting that he climbed into bed with him, however.. that *would* allow him to have the perfect angle where nobody could say the angle was not possible... (if in fact, it had ever even been examined??). The things on the bed.. could have been arranged there by DM after the fact.. before the fact.. who knows? This was a *planned* homicide. (my opinion only). Too bad they didn't find some internet research into all of this stuff (how to best instantly kill someone, where to aim for sure death, etc).

Also... from everything I know.. which ... I think is a fair bit.. I have been following this whole mess for years.. I never got the impression that DM hated his dad. I believe that DM killed his dad for monetary reasons, and not because he hated him. I believe he actually loved his dad, for whatever that might mean to a psychopathic mind. I think in DM's mind he was doing this because he 'had to', because he was protecting the family fortune.. had talked himself into believing that his dad had lost it due to alcoholism.. and this was the only answer since now, he seemed to be getting better physically and mentally, and the MRO was full steam ahead, which he didn't want. I could actually see him drugging his dad, lying down with him, telling him he's sorry it had to be this way, whatever.. then boom.
It's just a possibility, definitely not the only one, but still a possibility.

Just thoughts.

ETA: In fact... remember this? The wording was so bizarre.
""He was probably the person I loved the most in the world, even more than myself," Millard told The Toronto Star in a jailhouse interview just before Christmas 2013."
Jail interview: Dellen Millard says he didn’t kill Tim Bosma

Last edited:

Did anyone ask a neighbour if they saw any vehicles pulling up to the residence within the past 24 hours? Did anyone ask a neighbour anything at all?

I don't recall it saying 5:56 but 7 something
From AC's liveblog on June 12
At 5:56 p.m. on Nov 29, Millard texts his friend Andrew Michalski and says: "bro please come over, I don't want to be alone, something terrible has happened." Michalski responds: "Ok Im coming." About 7:08 p.m., Michalski texts Millard: "Dude I'm sorry for not coming to see Wayne. I couldn't if you need ANYTHING let me know"
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

I don't believe that DM would have taken the chance in repositioning the body after the fact, due to blood spatter (if any), blood flow, GSR, etc.. police/coroner would have been able to tell. He had to make this perfect. (And it seems that he did, considering police did not even think him worthy of further investigation at the time, when things were fresh, and when it could potentially have saved another life).moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny