Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MB is not testifying is she now allowed to be in the courtroom?
Except the defence could still call her. The Crown could have decided they'd be in a better position if they cross-examine her testimony rather than calling her as a hostile witness, which she would undoubtedly be.

DM was putting out reasons why WM "killed himself" and soliciting sympathy. It's unlikely he said any such thing to his father. The Crown should be asking if DM was the last person to be in the house after the meeting. When was he supposed to have said this to WM? He's a liar and a really bad alibi planner.

MOO
They did ask. The insurance guy left, and DM, WM and the other guy continued to meet for a bit. Then Millard and the other guy left at the same time.

I noticed that too at the time.. they ate at 9, and then they ordered pizza 10 minutes after they got back from walking DM to the plaza.. I was thinking so they ate and then they ate? But time flies when you're having fun, right? So maybe it was later than MM realized (because MM was stoned)?
Did MM say, they eat the pizza? Maybe, they only ordered the pizza (sufficient for alibi). Maybe, it was late enough to have appetite again.

Last edited:
RE: DMs quote to CN: "The last time I spoke to him, I told him the company's financial troubles were his doing and that he was a failure. Usually he tells me not to worry, but this time he said maybe I was right."

I think it’s more probable that DM said the above to his father than: “I told him to go find his happiness.”

If someone grabbed your hand when you were sleeping and put a gun in it, wouldn't you have jumped and fought? The gun was aimed perfectly so WM and DM had to be pretty still and quiet.
Some folks are very sound sleepers that wouldn't wake up if someone gently moved their hand in such a way. I certainly wouldn't wake up.

Do we know anything about the witnesses to be called today?

I'm quite underwhelmed at the Crown's case so far, but remember feeling this same way during the Bosma and Babcock trials as well. Holding out hope that there is more evidence to tie it all together.

RE: DMs quote to CN: "The last time I spoke to him, I told him the company's financial troubles were his doing and that he was a failure. Usually he tells me not to worry, but this time he said maybe I was right."

I think it’s more probable that DM said the above to his father than: “I told him to go find his happiness.”
Right, both very contradictory lies.

-------------------
Dellen gave us a glimpse of his brutal character in this email to the (former) top manager at Millardair MRO
-------------------
emails from Feb. 11 2013,
(about the return of a laptop and some data.)

In this email, Barnes says he's also looking for a cheque for remaining expenses. Millard responds: "While you worked for me, we rarely spoke face to face. Lets keep it that way. Make your hostage trade with Robert, Dell."

Barnes says he got that cheque, but when he tried to cash it, it never went through, because it was cancelled.
Yep that gave us more of a picture of DM and I think he was very cruel and sadistic and enjoyed it.
The person his mother described in her letter, is a farce, he was far from a gentle person. He is a freak that is a word someone used, and it is good word.
How anyone could tell their father he was a failure , when DM had recently murdered someone and everything DM touched was cursed. All he was involved with only criminal things nothing legal.
The trial needs to get over and I hope he is convicted , loses all the inheritance and then rots in jail.
I want to see any assets he has go to the lawsuits by the Babcock and Bosma family.

Do we know anything about the witnesses to be called today?

I'm quite underwhelmed at the Crown's case so far, but remember feeling this same way during the Bosma and Babcock trials as well. Holding out hope that there is more evidence to tie it all together.
A medical expert will be testifying.

A gun WM didn’t even know existed!
I find it also interesting to look at the timing involved in WM's handing in his guns to that program. I am wondering if there was a reason why WM felt he needed to do that at that time. It was exactly 2 years before WM's death that he disposed of his arms, which.. he was still licensed to have them.. only one of them was illegal to own.. and at that time, I can imagine that DM was up to his antics and his father may have done this to PREVENT any such death occurrences. Who would've thought he'd just go out an buy another one to kill the dad who was likely trying to protect his son from being involved in a firearm death?

AC's Liveblog
Jun 8 2018 11:46 AM
Finn says on Dec. 2, 2010, he was helping with the pickup of a firearm that an officer was no longer licensed to have.

Jun 13 2018 9:16 AM
Heading back to the courthouse today for the continuation of Dellen Millard’s first-degree murder trial. Follow along for updates.
Adam Carter

Jun 13 2018 9:19 AM
Today we’ll hear from the case’s pathologist. He determines cause of death, which was pretty evident, in Wayne Millard’s case - a gunshot wound through the eye. But he is also part of the larger decision to initially rule this case a suicide.
Adam Carter

Jun 13 2018 10:03 AM
We're in court now -- just waiting for things to get underway.
Adam Carter

I'm a temp.. read from bottom up (this is from AC's mobile liveblog, which may be slightly different than his liveblog):

Court is now in session. The Crown's first witness is Dr. Jayantha Herath.
by Adam Carter 10:08 AM

We're in court now -- just waiting for things to get underway.
by Adam Carter 10:03 AM

Today we’ll hear from the case’s pathologist. He determines cause of death, which was pretty evident, in Wayne Millard’s case - a gunshot wound through the eye. But he is also part of the larger decision to initially rule this case a suicide.
by Adam Carter 9:19 AM

Heading back to the courthouse today for the continuation of Dellen Millard’s first-degree murder trial. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:16 AM

ETA oh there you are! I resign!

Some folks are very sound sleepers that wouldn't wake up if someone gently moved their hand in such a way. I certainly wouldn't wake up.
Especially if he somehow got a few percs into him? Afterall, if one is seriously going to shoot himself in the eye because of horrible depths of depression.. and you have the availability of some decent meds.. aren't you going to take them first? I know I would. moo

Jun 13 2018 10:08 AM
Court is now in session. The Crown's first witness is Dr. Jayantha Herath.
Adam Carter

Jun 13 2018 10:11 AM
Crown Jill Cameron is doing this examination in chief. Herath is a forensic pathologist. He has worked in Sri Lanka, Manitoba and Ontario.

Jun 13 2018 10:12 AM
He works with the provincial forensic pathology unit in Toronto. Herath is now running through his training and resume.

Jun 13 2018 10:17 AM
Herath says his role is to find out cause of death, and to find out if there were contributing factors, like toxicology.

When they were wrapping up court last Tuesday, and planning upcoming witnesses, I was sure I had heard either Justice Forestell or Jill Cameron mention a re-enactment. I'll see if I can get something more definitive confirmed by Adam Carter, who would have been present for the same comments.

They did ask. The insurance guy left, and DM, WM and the other guy continued to meet for a bit. Then Millard and the other guy left at the same time.
Can you post the tweet, or link? There was also another guy/employee at the meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname