GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those relates to DNA from the gun found at the scene. I'll have more when I can get a look at the exhibit.
That's it for today. I'll have an update shortly. Thanks for following along.
by Adam Carter 3:12 PM

One of those relates to DNA from the gun found at the scene. I'll have more when I can get a look at the exhibit.

That's it for today. I'll have an update shortly. Thanks for following along.

by Adam Carter 3:12 PM

From a procedural perspective, does anybody have a sense about when she would rule on admissibility?

I’m surprised the judge didn’t provide that information. Maybe it just didn’t get tweeted by AC. An entire day sitting there listening to legal arguments must get monotonous, bet he’s glad it’s done for the day.

From a procedural perspective, does anybody have a sense about when she would rule on admissibility?

Not sure if she's even required to before this trial officially wraps up. Might just be noted in her final ruling whether or not she took this evidence into account? Or does she have to rule on it to give RP a heads up for his possible defence?

Last edited:
So we still don't know if RP is putting on a defence? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
It would be great if they did not, if this latest expert evidence is not allowed, maybe the defense will not bother with any witnesses.
It will be a hit to the crown if the evidence is not allowed.
There is still so much other evidence, DM planning an alibi, the phone records, the lies he told, the gun was bought by him and more.

I hope this isn’t thrown out by the judge. It’s damning but we also have lack of WM’s finger prints on the gun. There would have to be his prints present somewhere on the gun. A man committed suicide wouldn’t be so cautious with leaving no prints and obviously a dead person can’t wipe the gun down. But we do know who is great at wiping things down and who was also at the scene :rolleyes:
Even another "prof. wiper" was present at the crime scene, for 5-10 minutes alone with the victim (with a note from DM before?).

Even another "prof. wiper" was present at the crime scene, for 5-10 minutes alone with the victim (with a note from DM before?).

I'm still trying to figure out why he would specify that time frame like that to LE. Why did he want LE to know, or at least believe, that someone else was in the house alone for 5-10 minutes before 911 was called?

That’s what was not new - the gun was there to check out the source had LE chose to, DMs statement were obtained at the time, anyone they wanted to speak with was there. They simply chose not to investigate his death and quickly ruled it a suicide, case closed.

Then when it became suspected DM was involved in other murders, it seems the Crown though they’d better take a second look at WMs death. “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire” was the motivation for revisiting it, I would say.

By “new” evidence , when other cases get reopened it’s because of newly obtained evidence and information that wasn’t available or present at the time of the crime for whatever reason or sometimes the accused makes incriminating statements years later.

imho, TPS screwed badly with this and LB. When Hamilton started to bang their heads, they started to move. imho, there was no need to rush and declare "suicide" too.
While facts/evidences were not hidden, nobody looked for them or interpreted them properly.

Pardon the bottom to top format but this is one witness mentioned who Pillay may call, probably the same expert who provided him with the defence arguments against Sutherland’s evidence. If he’s called, tweets say he must provide the Crown with a report, but don’t think we know if that happened.
Jun 15
The judge says she will make an exception on this person being allowed to be in the courtroom. #Millard
Jun 15
Pillay says his name Liam Hendrikse. He's an expert in firearms and forensic shooting reconstruction. #Millard
Jun 15
"We can't close our case your honour, until we know what their position is," Cameron says. The "position" is whether or not Pillay will call this person as a witness. Cameron says if this person is going to be called as a witness, it's not fair to have him sit in the courtroom.
Jun 15
"Nothing Det. Const. Sutherland testified to is any kind of surprise to the defence," Crown Jill Cameron says. She says Pillay has had Sutherland's report since late 2016. "We are entitled to a report from [Pillay's] expert before the close of our case," Cameron says. #Millard
Jun 15
"This is a simple request for me to consult with somebody I may call as a witness," Pillay says. The Crown's issue is they only just found out about this. #Millard

Not sure if I missed it, but did the Crown discuss the gun's history?
1) DM bought it from ISHO just prior to LB going missing.
2) MM testified she saw the gun in DM's room. When?
3) DM claimed he gave it to WM as a gift. Is this correct? If so when? And why a gun?

Without a clear timeline, this case is confusing. Hopefully Cameron will walk us through it during her closing.

1) Estimated time of DM's death?
2) DM's location around that time? Cell pings, Taxi records, and MM's recollection, etc.

The crown has done a fair job of showing WM's state of mind, and his plans with future events, ie. Birthday Party, and providing the hanger for a Military celebration.

I'm still trying to figure out why he would specify that time frame like that to LE. Why did he want LE to know, or at least believe, that someone else was in the house alone for 5-10 minutes before 911 was called?

I’m also very curious why the prosecution didn’t have her testify. At best her testimony would be helpful if she denied “contaminating” the scene by not having touched/moved WM’s hand or blankets, etc. What was she doing in the house, if it’s true she was inside?

Pardon the bottom to top format but this is one witness mentioned who Pillay may call, probably the same expert who provided him with the defence arguments against Sutherland’s evidence. If he’s called, tweets say he must provide the Crown with a report, but don’t think we know if that happened.

I would think that RP would only call this witness if the Judge decides that Sutherland's testimony is admissible (IMO).
I would also assume that a lot of what RP presents as a defence would depend on whether or not Sutherland is admissible... so I would imagine that the judge would have to rule on that before he presents?

To shift the blame, if police would have accused him of something? He could have said, it was probably grieving Mum's fault and he wouldn't know at all.

imho, TPS screwed badly with this and LB. When Hamilton started to bang their heads, they started to move. imho, there was no need to rush and declare "suicide" too.
While facts/evidences were not hidden, nobody looked for them or interpreted them properly.
I really don't think they screwed anything up in this case. The evidence they had at the time pointed to a suicide. There didn't seem to be any suspicious behaviour from DM, and all parties agreed that WM was a depressed drunk with big money problems.

The problem now is that LE reinvestigated the case after they discovered that DM was a double murderer. Are they now trying to manufacture evidence to fit their narrative. Yes MM's testimony was damning to Millard, but she was also very unreliable. Did she say Millard returned in the morning to help LE out? Was the forensic guy really being objective or was he bent on trying to prove this wasn't a suicide? Even though I'm fairly certain Millard did this, I'm not sure the evidence is there.

I’m also very curious why the prosecution didn’t have her testify. At best her testimony would be helpful if she denied “contaminating” the scene by not having touched/moved WM’s hand or blankets, etc. What was she doing in the house, if it’s true she was inside?
It would just offer more to speculation. She isn't on trial. She was observed to be very distressed. Not a reliable witness and someone that will do anything she can to not help the crown's case. It would open up doors for her to state things that could prove helpful to the defence. The risks far outweighed the benefits. She wouldn't have added anything to the crown's case, imho.

I really don't think they screwed anything up in this case. The evidence they had at the time pointed to a suicide. There didn't seem to be any suspicious behaviour from DM, and all parties agreed that WM was a depressed drunk with big money problems.

The problem now is that LE reinvestigated the case after they discovered that DM was a double murderer. Are they now trying to manufacture evidence to fit their narrative. Yes MM's testimony was damning to Millard, but she was also very unreliable. Did she say Millard returned in the morning to help LE out? Was the forensic guy really being objective or was he bent on trying to prove this wasn't a suicide? Even though I'm fairly certain Millard did this, I'm not sure the evidence is there.
I think there is a lot to say that they did bungle this. If DM and his mother were not upper middle class, the investigation would have gone differently. There is not evidence to support a suicide. Only speculation and the word of his son. There was no suicide note. No previous reported suicide actions. Even positioning was not indicative of a suicide. There was a very long delay from when the son found the body to when 911 was called despite DM reporting that he didn't know how he died. If cause of death was in fact a surprise and a question, a call to 911 is instinctual. There was no evidence of suicide apart from someone saying that he was depressed. JMO

It would just offer more to speculation. She isn't on trial. She was observed to be very distressed. Not a reliable witness and someone that will do anything she can to not help the crown's case. It would open up doors for her to state things that could prove helpful to the defence. The risks far outweighed the benefits. She wouldn't have added anything to the crown's case, imho.

She still might show up as a defense witness if they think she can handle a cross examination. Since she was one of the people quite willing to write this off as a suicide with basically no investigation, perhaps she can shed some light on why she likely still feels WM shot himself with her son's illegal revolver.

MOO

One of the comments on the weekend made about DM before he called, after his discovery, that is sticking with me, is that he wasn't afraid at all. If he saw blood on the pillow he would not have calmly called his mum and assumed a natural death.
I would assume he should have been freaking out (assuming it wasn't him) and definitely assume a murder happened!- calling 911. There was no gun discovered yet. Also want to add if it was my family member I think I would have touched them. (I know that is contamination) - but I would want to think maybe I could save them ...?

bbm - exactly. I agree.

Is there anyone on this planet that can say good things about DM? Character references such a joke.
All he did was criminal things for the last 5 years and was involved with a drug dealer, people who helped him steal, a gun dealer and a gf that is as much a psycho as he is. Cameron said that he created an alibi, DM really spent a lot of time creating alibis, because he was a murderer.

No, unfortunately. Schoolmates said he was a little "different" and teens he held parties for wondered why a guy his age hung out with 18 yr olds. Sad but I guess he had mental problems for a long time. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox