Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did JH ever say if and when exactly it was told to him by EG that Lucas fallen ill? Has he ever commented re: Lucas being sick in the days preceding his disappearance?
JH made it sound as if he went to the doctor with LH. He had a prescription of liquid Zofran, but JH didn't think it was working, and maybe that was somehow tied to LH's death. (This was in one of his interviews, I don't recall which)

JH made it sound as if he went to the doctor with LH. He had a prescription of liquid Zofran, but JH didn't think it was working, and maybe that was somehow tied to LH's death. (This was in one of his interviews, I don't recall which)
I remember having some thoughts about interpretation on this when it was initially discussed. Did he say "we took him to the Dr" or "I went to the Dr with him"? "We took him to the Dr" could easily be just a figure of speech.

Have we ever seen a case here where the bio parent supported the obvious suspect step parent in their child’s death?
Ember Graham comes to mind. It took a long time for Jamie to come to grips that Matthew did something to Ember despite the compelling evidence. She still believes Ember is alive but now Jamie's able to admit that he had lied to her about what happened the night she disappeared.

Last edited:
I remember having some thoughts about interpretation on this when it was initially discussed. Did he say "we took him to the Dr" or "I went to the Dr with him"? "We took him to the Dr" could easily be just a figure of speech.
He did use the word we. I thought at the time did he mean EG took him at his request since JH had returned to work. He wasn’t specific as to the time frame so it’s hard to know.

The only occurrence I can remember is JH himself stating that Lucas was not well. From the NG Crime Stories dated June 4th, JH said He and EG both took Lucas to the doctor because he was vomiting for a few weeks. Lucas was given Zofran and JH said the prescription did not help Lucas or stop his vomiting.
I wonder who actually wrote the scrip for Zofran. If was not working why not take him to Dr. That wrote the scrip? Why not take him to different Dr???????
Things just don't add up.

Maybe he was thinking “screw her, I should be able to sleep in my own house if I want to..”
(That’s stretching it IMO but just throwing it out there.)

The way he seemed to say "my house" felt to me like he might have been emphasizing that he's paying the rent, he has a right to crash in the place for a few hours. But it also gave me a feeling of as opposed to somewhere else, so I think it's possible he might have been spending a few nights elsewhere.

I mentioned earlier that visit to the public defenders office when EG got out of jail the final time. Is it possible her attorney took her back there to work out where she was going to stay, and is it possible they had to beg JH to let her stay in the house as her family didn't want her staying with them?

Is it possible some of these words he's saying is parroting some of the arguments they used on him?

We can listen to his words on NG and we can flag areas, but we can only conjecture about them. We're unable to interrogate about them and ask him why did he use these words, have they come from inside him or are they words someone has spoken to him?

He seems to be quite prone to accepting arguments of others, as a poster suggested earlier especially arguments that offer him the kindest, softest answer. It's possible that he might parrot some of these arguments back instead of explaining deeper and more complex thoughts.

I'm trying to expand my personal analytical toolbox by listening to his words...I think it might be Busylady who provided a rough transcript of JH saying that she might have moved the body but not murdered Lucas? I had zoned out on that section and homed in on other sections. I really need to go back over that section and keep reminding myself of it, but also I think it needs deep examination, and there are posters here doing a really good job of doing that, IMO. I'm sorry I rarely take notice of names by posts and just focus on the content of a post, but I would be interested in seeing more in depth examinations of the words in a statement analysis format.

Last edited:
I wonder who actually wrote the scrip for Zofran. If was not working why not take him to Dr. That wrote the scrip? Why not take him to different Dr???????
My kids' dr always had a back up plan. He would tell me if they weren't back to their usual self,then these next steps had to be taken. Honestly I cannot see a dr saying" just have him take this Zofran..PERIOD" This was a bad flu season especially for children. That dr should have had Lucas on extra fluids and if he could not keep those down,then IV meds would help. My 4 year old once got food poisoning and they gave him a suppository before doing the IVs. That did the trick and he was feeling better within an hour. That was 30 years ago. Surely,the drs could have done more now,but I doubt that EG followed up on Lucas'care.

If this is the case, how on earth could you, um, have relations, with someone who dumped your son and may have possibly killed her? He admitted himself “kids don’t just die like that” (or something to the effect) so while he said he was waiting for the autopsy to come back, EG being responsible for Lucas’ death is still an “option” on the table...

Gah.

Yes! I have a visceral *ugh, surely not!* feeling to these suggestions. And it doesn't seem consistent with those words you've just reminded us of. But I am curious what the sleeping arrangements were on the nights he stayed at the house after she got out of jail this last time. Would he want to sleep in Lucas' room, which might be the room Lucas died, the bed he died in? Would sleeping in Lucas' room help him feel closer to Lucas? Would he sleep in MH's room? Would he stay in 'their' room and have EG in MH's room or the bonus room on a pull-out sofa bed?

Is that too nosy to wonder about?

I am wondering if they did take him to the dr and the dr mentioned concussion because DM mentions that word and makes statement about what he and her spoke about yesterday (meaning day before he took her in the car) - he said he would go get medical records. If the DR did mention concussion and to watch him and if he doesn't improve bring him back - and they didn't take him back as he was declining if that is part of the reason for the covering for each other?

I am wondering if they did take him to the dr and the dr mentioned concussion because DM mentions that word and makes statement about what he and her spoke about yesterday (meaning day before he took her in the car) - he said he would go get medical records. If the DR did mention concussion and to watch him and if he doesn't improve bring him back - and they didn't take him back as he was declining if that is part of the reason for the covering for each other?

That's a really good point about the medical records.

Could we do an overlay of the medical appointments/sickness events at school with JH's work schedule?

Bouncing off your post, there is one more thing I would like to add. These two, EG and JH, have a history of domestic violence. EG has been known to be a real bad *advertiser censored* when she got into fights with JH, so then, why in hell would he put a gun within easy reach of her? He obviously didn't have a problem with arming her and did not have any concern that she would turn the weapon on him. She obviously did not fear that JH would harm her even after she led the PI straight to Lucas' body. IMO that means that he already knew what happened to Lucas and he most likely helped her find the location where he was disposed of. IMO, there were no surprises for JH to learn about Lucas.

How would JH have helped her find a location? JH had left for New Mexico on the 9th? The Neighbor saw Lucas on the 11th? It could be possible, that JH had a 'friend' help EG move Lucas' body. Someone who owed JH a favor... Who knows. I sometimes wonder if EG's cousin helped in some way. I think something is up with JH, not sure what.. since he didn't help with searches, and his interviews before LH was found was too calm. Just MOO

A child vomiting for "weeks" sounds very unusual and serious to me. Also, that could have been from continuous beatings and/or punches to his stomach.

Jan. 22, 2018: Lucas came to Beech Elementary School with nine abrasions and bruises

Jan. 23, 2018: The day after the school nurse saw the injuries, Lucas came to her office with a stomachache. The school nurse called Glass, who picked up Lucas, and he returned to school two days later with a note from a pediatric nurse practitioner at GraceMed Jardine Clinic. The note stated, ‘Patient’s injuries are consistent with a fall."

The school nurse said that Lucas missed school on Feb. 1 because he was throwing up at school. He vomited again on Feb. 6, and Glass picked him up. He missed the next two days of school.

Also on Feb. 9, 2018: Lucas came to school for the last time. He again had a doctor’s note, this time stating he had a stomach virus.

Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

I think JH was in town Jan 30th - thru morning of Feb 9th.

The one thing that keeps nagging me is the last picture of Lucas, if she had beat him and caused those injuries why would she allow a picture to be taken and posted?
Because it was the monkey bars dontcha know. She must have had a way of making sure Lucas never told anyone.

Last edited:
“I think it's possible EG knew something about him that he doesn't want the world to know, possibly something the two of them did together. JMO”

Hmmmmm...

How would/could this possibly relate to Lucas’ death? I can see EG doing things to Lucas, not sure about JH...

Again I wonder who all came to that house, why and when.
one idea ive tossed around is it isnt directly related to Lucas' death but a selfish move on JHs part. aka JH has fear of serving jail time if secrets of him and EGs life come out.

for exaple, if it could be proven that EGs drug use contributed to Lucas' death (re meth could be found in his hair during the autopsy), if LE decides to trace far enough back into EGs meth connections and JH is thrown into the mix, LE may slam him w drug charges if theyhave enough evidence. hes not exactly the most beloved guy in Kansas right now, so if i were him, id be sweating that LE would throw as much as a J- walking ticket at me just so the people feel some justice for the lifestyle Lucas endured and he played a hand in.

as much as some of his grieving may be sincere, i think he may also be of the selfish mentality "whats done is done" and is doing what he can to have the situation pass by with no consequences for him.

I also wonder if he "pushed" Lucas like he did EG bio son and is wondering himself if he caused internal injuries to Lucas which caused him to pass away and therefore is accepting that EG found him deceased. EG stated in her interview there was a story to tell but now was not the time, JH may have been worried at any moment EG would tell her story thus his comment about he didn't know who to trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickyStebbins78