GUILTY NJ - Jersey City, 10 mo baby found deceased on train track, April 2018 - Te'Myah Plummer

Mother of missing Richmond girl found dead in suitcase was told her daughter was living in N.C.: 'I thought someone was taking care of her'
http://www.richmond.com/news/local/...cle_f57d3a71-e9fe-5ccc-bf2f-4ae533029511.html

The last time Teshauna Cooper saw her daughter Te’Myah, the 1-year-old was sleeping in their North Richmond home in September.

Cooper said she left the house because her boyfriend, Travis Plummer, sent her to the store to get a soda.

“All I know is she wasn’t there when I got back,” Cooper said in an interview Wednesday at her home in Richmond.

Cooper said Plummer told her he had sent their child to North Carolina to live with a friend’s grandmother, telling Cooper he did so because he didn’t think she could raise the girl herself and wanted to wait until “we got more situated here.”
[.....]
About seven months later, Richmond police investigators came to tell Cooper that her only daughter had been found dead in New Jersey.....
[.....]
They have said they believe she died outside New Jersey, based on a preliminary investigation, but they aren’t saying any more than that.

more at link.

:thud:

What?!? Did she call the police after that? Scream and yell at her boyfriend? :gaah:

At least this explains why NJ police thought the baby was abt 10 months old. Te'Myah was only a year old when she was last seen!
I'm guessing she was murdered that day she disappeared. JMO.

:furious:

ETA: I just read the rest of article and saw this:
After Plummer told Cooper he had sent their daughter to North Carolina, she said she was afraid to ask him too many questions about Te’Myah’s whereabouts, fearing he might hurt her.

“He wasn’t going to tell me nothing,” Cooper said. “If I asked too much, I probably would have been choked — I probably would have been dead.”
So mom was scared, ok. I get that but STILL you call the cops, get a restraining order, change your locks, etc.
So many things you could have done instead you stay with him, even moving addresses with him once after that, and just say " I thought she was being taken care of". Un..be..liev..able.. :scared:

:thud:

What?!? Did she call the police after that? Scream and yell at her boyfriend? :gaah:

At least this explains why NJ police thought the baby was abt 10 months old. Te'Myah was only a year old when she was last seen!
I'm guessing she was murdered that day she disappeared. JMO.

:furious:

ETA: I just read the rest of article and saw this:

So mom was scared, ok. I get that but STILL you call the cops, get a restraining order, change your locks, etc.
So many things you could have done instead you stay with him, even moving addresses with him once after that, and just say " I thought she was being taken care of". Un..be..liev..able.. :scared:

So she didn't try to talk to her baby or the person taking care of her? I'm not buying this story.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So she didn't try to talk to her baby or the person taking care of her? I'm not buying this story.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It doesn't sound like she cared at all about her baby. JMO. And I have A LOT of compassion for abused women and homeless women in vulnerable situations. I know it's hard to get out of abusive relationships without a support system/help. But I can't muster much sympathy or say I believe her story.
Even if (as an example, not saying this happened) she had perhaps talked to her boyfriend previously about giving her baby away, no it does NOT make sense. No loving birth mother that I know of would let her boyfriend just give her baby away while she was gone to the store without having a chance to at least kiss her child goodbye. No. No. No. This stinks. :fishy::moo:

It doesn't sound like she cared at all about her baby. JMO. And I have A LOT of compassion for abused women and homeless women in vulnerable situations. I know it's hard to get out of abusive relationships without a support system/help. But I can't muster much sympathy or say I believe her story.
Even if (as an example, not saying this happened) she had perhaps talked to her boyfriend previously about giving her baby away, no it does NOT make sense. No loving birth mother that I know of would let her boyfriend just give her baby away while she was gone to the store without having a chance to at least kiss her child goodbye. No. No. No. This stinks. :fishy::moo:

Do they think she’s been dead since she disappeared? Whoa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they think she’s been dead since she disappeared? Whoa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK, but that would be my theory. Baby's body was thought to be a 10 month old. She disappeared when she was a year old.

Could she also have been starved? Maybe she was undernourished and gave her the appearance of a much younger child.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A Richmond man appeared in a New Jersey court for the first time Friday to face a charge of desecrating the remains of his 1-year-old daughter, who went missing from her North Richmond home in September.

Travis Plummer, 37, was extradited from Puerto Rico after his arrest there in April. He arrived in New Jersey on Thursday and appeared in court at 1:30 p.m. Friday, according to the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office.

Te’Myah Layauna Plummer’s body was found April 11, wrapped in a white cotton robe inside two suitcases under a bridge near railroad tracks in Jersey City.

Police still have not determined the cause and manner of the child’s death. They also are trying to figure out when she died and where, though they do believe she died outside of New Jersey, based on a preliminary investigation.

Richmond man appears in N.J. court to face charge of desecrating remains of his 1-year-old daughter, whose body was found in suitcases along train tracks

“The girl’s mother, Teshauna Cooper, said her daughter was asleep in the home she shared with Plummer, her boyfriend, in September when he sent her to the store to get a soda. When she arrived home, the child was gone.

Plummer told her he had sent their child to North Carolina to live with a friend’s grandmother, saying he did so because he didn’t think she could raise the girl herself, Cooper earlier told the Richmond Times-Dispatch. “

WHAT?! She just went with it??

Really not trying to victim blame, just shocked. As a mother I’d have 9,076 questions and probably let the police ask them if someone told me they’d sent my child away.

@Gardener1850 - I can't read the article (EU rules) - but does it have his next court date? I looked in NJ court site and they don't give that.

TIA!

@Gardener1850 - I can't read the article (EU rules) - but does it have his next court date? I looked in NJ court site and they don't give that.

TIA!

Here's what it says towards the end of the article:
Plummer appeared Friday via video link from the Hudson County Correctional Facility, where he is being held. A detention hearing is scheduled for Wednesday to determine whether Plummer will remain in custody while awaiting trial.

New Jersey doesn’t typically require monetary bail, a spokesman with the prosecutor’s office said, but because Plummer is from out of state, a judge may require it if he is released.
Richmond man appears in N.J. court to face charge of desecrating remains of his 1-year-old daughter, whose body was found in suitcases along train tracks

Article is dated July 6, 2018. Wednesday would be July 11.

97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif
again Gardener!

Wednesday, July 11th:
*Detention Hearing (@ ET) - NJ- Te'Myah Layauna Plummer (2) (Last seen Aug. 2017; found Apr. 11, 2018 near PATH tracks in a suitcase) - Travis Lamont Plummer (37) "father" arrested in Puerto Rico (4/19/18), extradited (7/5/18) & charged (4/23/18) with 2nd degree disturbing/desecrating human remains. Plead not guilty. No bail.
Hearing today - to determine whether he remains in custody while awaiting trial.

“The girl’s mother, Teshauna Cooper, said her daughter was asleep in the home she shared with Plummer, her boyfriend, in September when he sent her to the store to get a soda. When she arrived home, the child was gone.

Plummer told her he had sent their child to North Carolina to live with a friend’s grandmother, saying he did so because he didn’t think she could raise the girl herself, Cooper earlier told the Richmond Times-Dispatch. “

Really not trying to victim blame, just shocked. As a mother I’d have 9,076 questions and probably let the police ask them if someone told me they’d sent my child away.

It really is shocking.

IMO she should be charged with something.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/11/man-had-babys-body-for-months-before-dumping-prosecutor/

JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Prosecutors say a man charged with dumping his dead toddler’s body near train tracks had the body for months.

They made the assertion Wednesday at a bail hearing for Travis Plummer.
[.....]
They believe he left the suitcase in a friend’s garage in Jersey City, and dumped it near the tracks after police came to the friend’s house in March.

Plummer has pleaded not guilty to improper disposal of human remains. A judge denied his request for bail Wednesday.

and of course no further hearing dates given....

Looked at the court site:
Municipal Court Case Search

and Status says: Transferred to

Don't know "what" that means; and all they have is his last court date of July 5th.

Anyone find anything current? TIA! :)

Bumping up for little Te'Myah!

Anyone find anything new on this?

TIA!

Aww bless that little baby,I hope they identity her.x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads