UK -Major incident declared - UK anti-terror police investigating possible nerve agent attack, 2018

Very good points. Yes, a second attack could send a message to the British public that their government is useless, it can't protect them. That would be a very good propaganda exercise. As is the part about infighting amongst people, which is a lot of what the Russian stuff on comment boards has been about for the US. And I believe that is payback for the Russian perception (imho probably an accurate perception) that the West has been interfering in Russia via NGOs for a long time. Plus, we're not fully out of the Cold War, I think it's more that the nature of the game has changed, which is a great shame.

The 'Great Game' (est.1815) between Russia and the West never ended. This, like the Cold War, is just another phase. No good guys or bad guys. The UK government probably don't have a clue on how to proceed with tackling Russia over this, if in fact it was the Russian stste and not some anti-Putin elements. Personally I can't see Putin ordering such a reckless and potentially mass casualty action, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
The 'Great Game' (est.1815) between Russia and the West never ended. This, like the Cold War, is just another phase. No good guys or bad guys. The UK government probably don't have a clue on how to proceed with tackling Russia over this, if in fact it was the Russian stste and not some anti-Putin elements. Personally I can't see Putin ordering such a reckless and potentially mass casualty action, but that's just my opinion.

Re the bold...yes, you could be right about that.

In the past Putin was kept on tight leash - now he is off his leash and playing in traffic whenever he wants moo

that is the difference these days

Moscow says regrets UK poisoning death
"MOSCOW -- A Kremlin spokesman has expressed condolences over the death of a British woman who was poisoned by a military-grade nerve agent last month.

Dmitry Peskov told reporters Monday that Moscow "is deeply concerned over the continuous cases of these poison elements" in Britain. Peskov added that such attacks present a danger not only inside the UK, but also in Europe as a whole.

Peskov said that linking Russia to the poisoning would be "absurd."

If one was an evil mad scientist of sorts and had access to the poison, would they want to test it on human guinea pigs and see what happens ?
Let's say the " experiment " would involve 2 sets of male/female pairs, one set consisting of reasonably healthy and privileged persons and the other set, perhaps somewhat disadvantaged persons?
The imagined scientist notes the dosage required to sicken but not kill, the response of emergency personnel, politicians and the public, and observes any potential differing outcomes between one type of victim and the other?
speculation, imo,

Last edited:
Moscow says regrets UK poisoning death
"MOSCOW -- A Kremlin spokesman has expressed condolences over the death of a British woman who was poisoned by a military-grade nerve agent last month.

Dmitry Peskov told reporters Monday that Moscow "is deeply concerned over the continuous cases of these poison elements" in Britain. Peskov added that such attacks present a danger not only inside the UK, but also in Europe as a whole.

Peskov said that linking Russia to the poisoning would be "absurd."

ha yeh just like Russia did not do anything making headlines around the world!! what a joke moo

If one was an evil mad scientist of sorts and had access to the poison, would they want to test it on human guinea pigs and see what happens ?
Let's say the " experiment " would involve 2 sets of male/female pairs, one set consisting of reasonably healthy and privileged persons and the other set, perhaps somewhat disadvantaged persons?
The imagined scientist notes the dosage required to sicken but not kill, the response of emergency personnel, politicians and the public, and observes any potential differing outcomes between one type of victim and the other?
speculation, imo,

as usual my dear this is great speculation!! TY you always make me think!!

speculation, imo,

And makes sure one is an ex-Russian spy so that Russia takes the blame :)

I truly dont get this warning not to pick up things off the street

really who goes picking up stuff off some street on the way to the store

folks with money issues sure but for more fournutate who goes around picking up cra@ off a street moo

If they were looking through bushes and bins and things on the ground, one might expect that animals would have come in contact with the poison too.
Has there been an unusual number of deceased vermin ect. found near dumpsters or in the general area?

Novichok victim's tearful brother says poisoning will 'finish him physically'
"Pals said he and Dawn are well-known in Salisbury for scavenging through bins and bushes for items they could then sell.

One friend told the Mirror: "They are forever hunting through rubbish looking for something worth flogging.

"He’s probably spotted something in the bushes at the park and then they’ve both gone through the bag and got contaminated."

Their friend Sam Hobson, who spent last Friday with them, said there was a brief time they were separated in the park.

"There was a little period in the park where they went off together," he told the Mirror.

"I’ve got no idea where they went, but they could have handled anything during that time.

"We’d walk all over town on a nice day and sit in the park. It was just what we did so they could have been poisoned anywhere."

Is it only London that has cameras everywhere?
How Many CCTV Cameras in London?
  • "The United Kingdom has more CCTV activity than any other European country, per capita. This is also reflected in the facts; surprisingly, the Wandsworth borough in London in particular has more CCTV cameras than Boston, Dublin, Johannesburg and San Francisco put together.
  • Caught on Camera 300 Times: It is also a well known fact that the average person living in London will be recorded on camera 300 times in one day; an individual doesn’t need to go far without being caught on camera."
"London CCTV statistics from the BBC show that the two areas with the most amount of cameras per 1,000 people are Wandsworth and Camden"
"With a good idea of how many CCTV cameras there are in the capital city of the United Kingdom, it would be interesting to know how many CCTV cameras there are in the whole of the UK itself.

Recent studies from the British Security Industry Association (BSIA) show that there are between 4m and 5.9m CCTV cameras in the UK."

"What’s also interesting to know is that major UK cities are also heavily populated with CCTV cameras. Cities such as:

• Belfast
  • Edinburgh
  • Coventry
  • Wigan
  • Glasgow
  • Manchester
  • Birmingham
In fact, these cities have more closed circuit TV monitoring than Paris."

"So if it’s estimated that there’s 500,000 CCTV cameras in London, there’s still an astounding 3.5 million left that are distributed around the rest of the UK."

China may be in the lead for surveillance techniques, or at least for facial recognition,imo.
July 8 2018
Inside China’s Dystopian Dreams: A.I., Shame and Lots of Cameras
merlin_138777558_35152ffd-0355-4f82-b484-eeac0a7bd9bd-articleLarge.jpg

A video showing facial recognition software in use at the headquarters of the artificial intelligence company Megvii in Beijing.CreditGilles Sabrie for The New York Times
"Mr. Xi has launched a major upgrade of the Chinese surveillance state. China has become the world’s biggest market for security and surveillance technology, with analysts estimating the country will have almost 300 million cameras installed by 2020. Chinese buyers will snap up more than three-quarters of all servers designed to scan video footage for faces, predicts IHS Markit, a research firm. China’s police will spend an additional $30 billion in the coming years on techno-enabled snooping, according to one expert quoted in state media.

Government contracts are fueling research and development into technologies that track faces, clothing and even a person’s gait. Experimental gadgets, like facial-recognition glasses, have begun to appear."

Novichok pair had high dose - police

Just noting that this article on the BBC has some timelines of where Ms Sturgess and Mr Rowley went and approximate timings.

It also said that the bus they traveled on at 10pm the night before the day they fell ill was not found to have any contamination.

If they were looking through bushes and bins and things on the ground, one might expect that animals would have come in contact with the poison too.
Has there been an unusual number of deceased vermin ect. found near dumpsters or in the general area?
Great point! I’m not familiar with the agencies(s) in the UK that would be involved in monitoring wildlife, but I would hope that any reports of animal carcasses on public land in the area would be inspected as a precaution - at the very least since the time it was confirmed that the latest victims were exposed to the nerve agent. Also the same for domestic pets that have died and were around the area.

I haven’t seen anything related to this in the news reports, and I’m curious as to what efforts are underway (if any).

I truly dont get this warning not to pick up things off the street

really who goes picking up stuff off some street on the way to the store

folks with money issues sure but for more fournutate who goes around picking up cra@ off a street moo
Little kids might pick something up. Scary thought.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back