UK -Major incident declared - UK anti-terror police investigating possible nerve agent attack, 2018

As others have pointed out, really anyone can potentially come in to contact with the item in question since authorities appear to only be speculating based on likely delivery methods that it is a vial or syringe or something similar that they are looking for.

What’s particularly troubling to me is that while they are instructing ppl not to pick up “anything that they didn’t drop”, I don’t see anything along the lines of “if you see something, say something.” Now I can understand not wanting to alarm citizens any more than they are now, but it seems pretty obvious that 1.) people already are fearful and 2.) they have only a theory of what the likely item is based on exposure levels. While asking people to report a suspicious finding might seem implied, it could help people who feel helpless to do anything (except panic) in their own community. Sure, this might flood their resources with false leads, but I say cover your bases. Rule them out. Now maybe they are withholding evidence from the public that gives them specific reason to believe that these are the items they are looking for in order to protect the integrity of the investigation, but I’d sincerely hope that they’d prioritize the safety of the community over holding someone accountable.

On a similar note, I believe it’s counterproductive to assure people the threat to public safety remains low. Look, as long as their is a deadly nerve agent somewhere out there, the public is at risk. Saying otherwise is really an insult to people’s intelligence. Again, why give people more reason to be alarmed, i get it. But I think authorities need to meet the community half way and say, we are doing everything we can, but here’s what you can do (not just what you shouldn’t) and do whatever they can to address the situation head on. Tell people not to be uneasy about reporting something even if it’s just a gut feeling. How many times do we see cases where people didn’t report something to authorities bc they weren’t sure or didn’t want to get someone in trouble or wrote it off for any other number of reasons, only to find out it might have prevented something or helped authorities close a case?

One more note (promise!). I want to stress how uncomfortable I am with asking people not to touch a very specific, narrow category of items. By doing that, I think it endangers people who might touch something without thinking of it as a source of contamination bc it doesn’t fit with what they are being told. An example that was given by another poster is a public water fountain. And however unlikely it might be (not discounting it, just using as example), you have to think of everything in between that might be a possibility. A bottle of bubbles found in a park that isn’t out of place, a bottle of bug spray laying around. Even with assuming everyone knows not to even touch them, DON’T assume everyone will report something suspicious.

Good points. And I agree with most all of them.

Im leaning more and more to multiple intangible items like trees and the ground around the old park bench may still be infected.

Lets say when the original couple fell ill that one of them got up and grabbed the nearest tree to stable themselves. If their hand were contaminated then the tree trunk could also be contaminated. The next person that touches or leans against that tree for a rest could get some on them.

Same with the ground if any of the victims fell or were laid down on the ground by first responders.

So I am thinking more and more that multiple inanimate obects may still have toxins on them. Waiting for the next victim. A water fountain is a good example of such an item.

Gosh this is so scary. I feel bad for people having to live in that area because it would absolutely terrify me. I would be wearing disposable gloves every where I went.

Did the city "clean" the contaminated bench and the dumpsters and then put them back in the park?

Good question. I hope they incinerated them in an incinerator but it makes you wonder what the protocols were.

Saving money always seem to come into play with most governments so it does make you wonder if they happened to make it back into circulation.

Even allowing for possible better general health and immune system , I don't see how the Skripals survived, yet Dawn lost her life just from accidental contact several weeks after the contamination.

If the ambulance was called just after 10. am and Dawn was exposed to" a large amount", she might have been exposed to it close to that time, meanwhile, Charlie did not seem to suffer any effects of it until 8 hours after Dawn became ill.
So what could she have touched ect. early morning that affected Charlie 8 hours later, guessing around 6 pm, did he usually have dinner at that time, if so where, did they find a nice cup or silver spoon?

What if it was two separate poisonings all together?
imo, speculation.
rbbm.
Novichok in Salisbury "could last 50 years" as cop says "it's murder"
"Concerned Amesbury residents attending a public meeting following the fatal poisoning of a mum-of-three have been told by a top cop that Novichok "could last 50 years".

"He also told two hundred people at the meeting "you know it's murder".
The meeting was told it is likely Dawn and Charlie came into contact with Novichok on Saturday morning.

Reaction time is thought to be between three and 12 hours, depending on the amount.

It is thought Dawn was exposed to a large amount, residents were told, and an ambulance was called at 10.15am, with Charlie reacting eight hours later".

Last edited:
https://nypost.com/2018/07/10/company-slammed-for-new-vodka-named-after-deadly-nerve-agent/
By Fox News
“[Novichok Edition] was intended to lighten the mood, not to cause offense and reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. We sincerely apologize if any offense was caused, especially to the families of Dawn Sturgess and Charlie Rowley and understand that the timing of the release of this product may have lacked sensitivity,” the company wrote."
July 10, 2018 | 4:17pm

bristol-dry-gin-vodka.jpg

I haven't heard a thing about this incident on US MMS. With Trump traveling to England, perhaps they have chosen not to mention it or they find it insignificant.

Novichok victim out of critical condition and speaking to police
rbbm
"Scotland Yard’s counter-terrorism command said: “Officers from the investigation team have spoken briefly to Charlie and will be looking to further speak with him in the coming days as they continue to try to establish how he and Dawn came to be contaminated with the nerve agent.

“Any contact officers have with Charlie will be done in close consultation with the hospital and his doctors. We will not be providing further commentary around our contact with Charlie.”
"He accepted there could even be several containers of novichok – but it was impossible to know.

Basu also said for the first time that a “particular” area of Queen Elizabeth Gardens in Salisbury, rather than the whole park, was a focus
. He said it would be several more weeks, if not months, before the investigation was over.

Basu also gave more detail on the attack on the Skripals. “They had no idea they were being targeted,” he said. “They had no idea they had been contaminated.”

He reiterated that police believed the place where they had been poisoned was their front door."

Accepting an advertisement flyer, money, bottle of water/ beer, cigarette - shaking someone's (gloved) hand, turning on a water drinking fountain, flushing a toilet, pressing an elevator button, opening a door???
speculation, imo.

very good options my dear !!

Great to see you too dotr !

Well, today I heard in a 60 second snippet on TV, about the poisonings, about Trump visiting London and Americans told to lay low. :rolleyes:
July 11 2018
Theresa May urges Trump to raise nerve agent attack with Putin
"Theresa May has asked Donald Trump to raise the issue of Russian aggression against the west, including the Salisbury nerve agent attack, when he meets Vladimir Putin for high-stakes talks next week.

The prime minister told Nato leaders, including the US president, that it was time for them to call out Russia’s “malign behaviour”, which was undermining democracies and damaging their interests around the world."

I think the male victim visited the pharmacy after the female victim had gone to hospital. (In Amesbury?)

Also, if it were the sunglasses she found, perhaps he touched them when getting her belongings together, later in the day?

Salisbury street evacuated after man 'falls ill' in police incident | Metro News
"Part of Salisbury was evacuated after a man ‘fell ill’ this evening.

Police were called to the scene in Castle Street in the city centre at about 7pm, and closed the area due to ‘recent events’.

According to Sky News, the incident happened in or outside the same Zizzi restaurant at which former Russian military officer Sergei and his daughter Yulia Skirpal ate before they were poisoned in March."

sei_21276224-e1531423234281.jpg

Police are dealing with an incident in Salisbury

Update: We're pleased to report that the cordon in place in Castle Street, Salisbury, has been removed & the road has been reopened. Emergency services were called to the scene at 6.20pm this evening (12 July 2018) after concerns were raised about the welfare of a man in his 30s

He has been taken to Salisbury District Hospital and fully assessed by medical staff. We can now confirm that there is no concern for either his health or any wider risk to the public.

We understand that our initial response to the incident may have looked alarming, but we hope you appreciate why we needed to take this highly precautionary measure. We thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Salisbury Police (@SouthWiltsCPT) on Twitter

Salisbury street evacuated after man 'falls ill' in police incident | Metro News
"Part of Salisbury was evacuated after a man ‘fell ill’ this evening.

Police were called to the scene in Castle Street in the city centre at about 7pm, and closed the area due to ‘recent events’.

According to Sky News, the incident happened in or outside the same Zizzi restaurant at which former Russian military officer Sergei and his daughter Yulia Skirpal ate before they were poisoned in March."

sei_21276224-e1531423234281.jpg

Police are dealing with an incident in Salisbury

Wow

I hope this isnt another case. I am not convinced yet that it wasnt.

Havent seen much information about why was the guy ill then.

I think the male victim visited the pharmacy after the female victim had gone to hospital. (In Amesbury?)

Also, if it were the sunglasses she found, perhaps he touched them when getting her belongings together, later in the day?
If poison was on sunglasses, then it would appear to be a separate attempt to poison someone and not some vial left from Skripal's case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back