GUILTY WA - Ben Eastman, 16, raped and murdered, Lewis County, 23 Jun 2018

No, no, no. how could this story get any worse!
Ben was a near daily part of this Mother's household since the boys were in Kdg. It's unfathomable to me. At this point, if Mom was involved, good chance her daughter (i.e., the Sister) also involved in cover-up. Does anybody know if Sister also a minor?

Ben was a near daily part of her household? I haven’t seen any reference about this. I know they were friends but i haven’t seen anything referencing daily or anything super close since kdg or even anything super close at any point except he was dating the daughter/sister. Do you have a reference about this?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Clearly eyes are well on what is the prime motive, which really seems irrelevant anyway but does put some in the hot seat to come up with something convincing and provable without making the victim look bad, especially since he isn’t here to defend himself. Juries don’t seem to be fans of victim bashing without clear evidence.

Ben was a near daily part of her household? I haven’t seen any reference about this. I know they were friends but i haven’t seen anything referencing daily or anything super close since kdg or even anything super close at any point except he was dating the daughter/sister. Do you have a reference about this?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Clearly eyes are well on what is the prime motive, which really seems irrelevant anyway but does put some in the hot seat to come up with something convincing and provable without making the victim look bad, especially since he isn’t here to defend himself. Juries don’t seem to be fans of victim bashing without clear evidence.

The "super close" description of their relationship came directly from BJ Eastman (the father) in one of his interviews. He also said Benjamin's very first "sleep over" was at the Adamson/Marquez home. There are plenty of published reports about them being neighbors and close friends.

There was a actually another thread prior to this one with a lot of good info and I don't know what happened to it and why it was not merged here.

The "super close" description of their relationship came directly from BJ Eastman (the father) in one of his interviews. He also said Benjamin's very first "sleep over" was at the Adamson/Marquez home. There are plenty of published reports about them being neighbors and close friends.

There was a actually another thread prior to this one with a lot of good info and I don't know what happened to it and why it was not merged here.
Is this the start post of the other thread? Then the threads have been merged.

Well, not sure if this is going to be happening for Marquez, but since he didn't show for hearing yesterday as Adamson did, I shall put this here anyway. :)

Thursday, July 12th:
*Prelim Hearing only for bold (@ PT) – WA – Benjamin Eastman III (16) (June 23, 2018; found June 28, 2018) – *Jonathan R. Adamson (21) arrested (6/30/18), charged (7/2/18) & arraigned (7/11/18) with 4 counts: 1st degree murder, 1st degree rape, tampering with physical evidence & unlawful disposal of remains. Plead not guilty. $10M bond.
*Benito “Benny” S. Marquez (16) arrested (7/2/18) & charged (7/2/18) with 4 counts: 1st degree murder, 1st degree rape, tampering with physical evidence & unlawful disposal of remains. $10M bond each. Marquez is charged as adult.
Today’s hearing – enter plea & set court dates.

7/11/18 Update: Adamson was arraigned (7/11/18), pled not guilty. Next hearing 10/11/18.
7/12/18 Update: Kindra Rose Adamson (43) arrested (7/10/18) & charged (7/11/18) with 2 counts of Rendering Criminal Assistance. (she learned of murder 6/23-23). $100K bail. Emma L. Brown () had arrest warrant issued (7/11/18) for 2 counts of Rendering Criminal Assistance. She knew of killings & withheld info to LE. Booked in Lewis County jail 7/11/18.

Curious - one of the articles posted said the boys (!!) were Oregon residents, why is this being tried in Washington?

TIA!

Oh @Seattle1 - do you have a link to the court site? TIA!

Case Information

18-1-00530-21 | STATE OF WASHINGTON vs KINDRA ROSE ADAMSON

Case Number
18-1-00530-21

Court
Lewis

File Date
07/11/2018

Araignment & Trial Setting
07/19/2018
Hearing Time 10:30AM

Case Type
ADL Criminal Adult

Case Status
Active

Attachments

• ADAMSON_KINDRA_ROSE.pdf
    97.8 KB · Views: 11
Well, not sure if this is going to be happening for Marquez, but since he didn't show for hearing yesterday as Adamson did, I shall put this here anyway. :)

Thursday, July 12th:
*Prelim Hearing only for bold (@ PT) – WA – Benjamin Eastman III (16) (June 23, 2018; found June 28, 2018) – *Jonathan R. Adamson (21) arrested (6/30/18), charged (7/2/18) & arraigned (7/11/18) with 4 counts: 1st degree murder, 1st degree rape, tampering with physical evidence & unlawful disposal of remains. Plead not guilty. $10M bond.
*Benito “Benny” S. Marquez (16) arrested (7/2/18) & charged (7/2/18) with 4 counts: 1st degree murder, 1st degree rape, tampering with physical evidence & unlawful disposal of remains. $10M bond each. Marquez is charged as adult.
Today’s hearing – enter plea & set court dates.

7/11/18 Update: Adamson was arraigned (7/11/18), pled not guilty. Next hearing 10/11/18.
7/12/18 Update: Kindra Rose Adamson (43) arrested (7/10/18) & charged (7/11/18) with 2 counts of Rendering Criminal Assistance. (she learned of murder 6/23-23). $100K bail. Emma L. Brown () had arrest warrant issued (7/11/18) for 2 counts of Rendering Criminal Assistance. She knew of killings & withheld info to LE. Booked in Lewis County jail 7/11/18.

Benny's hearing is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday:

07/12/2018 Arraignment and Trial Setting

Judicial Officer: Lawler, James W
Hearing Time: 03:00 PM

Curious why brothers were not arraigned together. Separate trials? I'm wondering if older brother might cooperate with Prosecutor and testify against little Benny. Supreme court ruling provides that 16 year old charged as adult will be eligible for parole after 40 years. JA may be trying to strike a deal for 2nd degree charge to one day see his child...

Benny's hearing is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday:

07/12/2018 Arraignment and Trial Setting

Judicial Officer: Lawler, James W
Hearing Time: 03:00 PM

Curious why brothers were not arraigned together. Separate trials? I'm wondering if older brother might cooperate with Prosecutor and testify against little Benny. Supreme court ruling provides that 16 year old charged as adult will be eligible for parole after 40 years. JA may be trying to strike a deal for 2nd degree charge to one day see his child...

That's what I was thinking - separate trials?? Usually if both are tried together they get the same court hearing dates. I guess we shall see, eh?

And thanks for the link to the Wash. portal - I couldn't find Jonathan Adamson in there?? Is that how you spell his first name? I tried also with just the initial J. no results came up. Scratching my head....

That's what I was thinking - separate trials?? Usually if both are tried together they get the same court hearing dates. I guess we shall see, eh?

And thanks for the link to the Wash. portal - I couldn't find Jonathan Adamson in there?? Is that how you spell his first name? I tried also with just the initial J. no results came up. Scratching my head....
Jonathon:

Case Information

18-1-00497-21 | STATE OF WASHINGTON vs JONATHON ROBERT ADAMSON

Case Number
18-1-00497-21

Court
Lewis

File Date
07/02/2018

Case Type
ADL Criminal Adult

Case Status
Active

on Jonathon - I noticed these:

7/11/2018 Waiver of Speedy Trial
7/11/2018 Order Establishing Conditions of Release
7/12/2018 Arraignment & Trial Setting @ 3pm

So I guess he'll be in court today too....

edited to add - the Waiver of Speedy Trial - did he waive his right to a speedy trial, is that what it means? And "Conditions of Release" ?? I guess that's in case he can come up with 10% of the $10M, eh?

Another local checking in with support for Ben & BJ. I cannot fathom what his father is going through right now.

Glad the mother was arrested, it's about time. I doubt I can say much beyond what has been implied here, but I'm waiting to see if the sister is charged with anything. Waiting. WAITING!!!!!!!

this poor father... his whole family... all unraveled... I can't even imagine...

I am one who always says death is about those who live on, and in this case, wow... the ripples of THIS crime will sadly reach way too far.

Justice for Ben, and love for his family.

this poor father... his whole family... all unraveled... I can't even imagine...

I am one who always says death is about those who live on, and in this case, wow... the ripples of THIS crime will sadly reach way too far.

Justice for Ben, and love for his family.

This is really destroying so many lives, it still stuns me:confused:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan