Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

I'm confused. Whom is suing whom? The Brit threw out the first insult by calling the sub a P.R. stunt, claimed that it wouldn't work and that Musk was immediately asked to leave when he arrived at the cave with his professional engineering team. Those are serious allegations against Musk's professional and business integrity as well as the other engineers who designed and built the submarine. Where is the proof to support these allegations? iirc, Musk does have text messages that prove he was asked to be there.

Is Unsworth a professional engineer? I don't believe he is.
If you accuse somebody of being a pedophile, you better be able to back it up. If not, that is slander, and it is illegal. Musk removed his tweets, because he knew what he said was wrong. What the diver did was just reporting the truth. That is protected by the First Amendment. Slander is not protected speech.

If you accuse somebody of being a pedophile, you better be able to back it up. If not, that is slander, and it is illegal. Musk removed his tweets, because he knew what he said was wrong. What the diver did was just reporting the truth. That is protected by the First Amendment. Slander is not protected speech.
For sure, that is some see seeeeerious slander, going out to millions around the world. I hope the diver sues the heck out of him. Moo.

Someone posted yesterday "Watch Four Corners' full report, Out Of The Dark, including exclusive interviews with key rescuers tomorrow, 8.30pm on ABC TV and ABC iView." so I was checking right now, and I cannot find it. Can anyone else? It should be on in a few minutes but I don't see it.
ABC was definitely one of the main media players here.

Awww.... thanks Magzy! ❤️ Wait -- I am the "V" to which you refer, right? :oops:
Yes, me too on the monastery, lol. Hey - come visit me in Japan - we can go together! Actually, there are some that have shorter stays, or mini-stays, even for foreigners; some in English, too... well initial instructions - otherwise no talking! :)

Yes you are the "V", lol.
As Shakespeare once said, "get thee to a nunnery"!

Last edited:

So, we KNOW the mini sub wouldn’t have worked? We KNOW it was just a PR stunt? We KNOW Musk was asked to leave the cave almost immediately? I wasn’t aware we actually knew ANY of that to be the TRUTH.

I'm confused. Whom is suing whom? The Brit threw out the first insult by calling the sub a P.R. stunt, claimed that it wouldn't work and that Musk was immediately asked to leave when he arrived at the cave with his professional engineering team. Those are serious allegations against Musk's professional and business integrity as well as the other engineers who designed and built the submarine. Where is the proof to support these allegations? iirc, Musk does have text messages that prove he was asked to be there.

Is Unsworth a professional engineer? I don't believe he is.

From what I'm understanding Unsworth criticised the sub, EM lashed out with that awful thing, and Unsworth told EM to stick the sub where the sun don't shine? But I'm unclear on which order it all happened.

It sounds to me like EM needs serious counselling in how to take criticism and how to treat people. Someone posted earlier that EM suffered bullying when he was at school, it sounds like this could be a result of bullying that's left him with low self-esteem deep inside and lashing out with insults is his way to prop himself up by putting down other people. If that's the case it's one of those things where I can sympathise with the initial events but not with the person's subsequent behavior in starting off as being the victim and turning into the bully to counter the pain and shame.

"Mr Unsworth told reporters on Monday that he was considering legal action.

"It's not finished," he told Australian network Channel 7."

Snip

"Mr Unsworth told the AFP news agency that he would make a decision on whether he takes legal action against Mr Musk after flying back to the UK this week.

"He's just a PR stunt merchant - that's all he is," he said."
(KB, is that you? lol)

Attachments

• _102548121_whatsappimage2018-07-16at12.06.49.jpg
    _102548121_whatsappimage2018-07-16at12.06.49.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 5
I tend to agree about not too many treats for the boys. They had a horrible experience and they, their families, and the world are relieved they came out alive. But I don't think it's good for them or anyone else to give them massive prizes for it. Some smaller treats for sure, and as I said earlier I'd like to see some football t-shirts sent to the boys but also some footballs and gloves and things for the schools they go to...because all the other young people around were suffering in their fears as well.

I also think it's dangerous for other (maybe immature) kids/people to see them getting huge gifts for this and end up thinking that if they do something dangerous and need a huge rescue operation to save them that they can also get big gifts.

I think what those kids in the cave wanted most was to be out of there, safe, reunited with their families, home cooked meals, companionship of their families and friends, a comfy bed to sleep in, a proper toilet and shower and things like that. They were craving the right things that they needed, they weren't craving plane trips to Europe .... and think of the risk of claustrophobia being stuck on a plane for 12 hours+

So, we KNOW the mini sub wouldn’t have worked? We KNOW it was just a PR stunt? We KNOW Musk was asked to leave the cave almost immediately? I wasn’t aware we actually knew ANY of that to be the TRUTH.

That was opinion I believe which is allowed. Defamation of character is serious. MOO.

It is sad that this public spat appears to be the headlines now. The two of them need to sort it out.

All the divers comments were said BEFORE Musk responded with that hideous comments.

Well in that case I think the "stick the sub where the sun shines" (paraphrased) was a bit OTT.

But...EM needs to learn to turn the other cheek. His comment took the thing up ten notches and was absolutely disgusting.

One thing that amazes me is the talent of some of these kids and their schoolfriends and relatives. They had one schoolfriend who'd written and composed a song on his guitar and it was wonderful. Then there's the cousin(?) of one of the boys who did that portrait of Saman Kunan, which is absolutely brilliant artwork.

Also the bravery and willingness to help of the kids who helped the divers prepare in the pool for the rescue operation, I'm really impressed with them, as even in the safe pool I would have been terrified!

Then there are all the locals who helped out with the food and scouring the mountains for other ways in and all the other things they did. The people who came from other parts of Thailand (like Saman Kunan and his friends) to help out.

And then there are all the people from all over the world who turned out to help!

We don't hear often enough about the good people in our own countries or in other parts of the world, most of the time the news is focused on the bad actions and bad people.

There are so many positives to take from this. Look at what people can do when they come together to help instead of to hurt and hinder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
$andRose
Back