Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that the 'only' child didn't ring mum at the store to see if she was OK, or even wondered how she was getting home without her car :oops:

Just enjoyed her dinner out at Nan and Pops :oops:

Attachments

• 16.08.03 Sahah Only Child (2018_01_27 04_18_00 UTC).JPG
    16.08.03 Sahah Only Child (2018_01_27 04_18_00 UTC).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 16
I’ve been fascinated by the following quote & initially assumed it was a case of bad wording. Then I saw it in multiple articles from different media sources, yet some said the same thing with slightly different wording. Perhaps it was a case of poor/inaccurate reporting, but after further thought, perhaps it isn’t.

Here is the quote : ‘Mr Fisher said the investigation of communications data concluded "the deceased and her mobile telephone were in the car the accused was driving".’

It can be found here : Karen Ristevski's accused killer husband made up facts to cover tracks, court hears

The part I found fascinating is that investigation of the communications data concluded that ‘the deceased and her mobile’ were in the car the accused was driving.

How can the data conclude that Karen was with her phone?

After much thought as to what particular phone sensors might be able to distinguish that, and also send their data out of the handset, I came up with nothing.

Then I realised that some devices people carry do interface with their phone & the data is sometimes broadcast out of the phone as part of the device’s app - specifically fitness devices like the Fitbit.

These devices use sensors to detect steps taken(by vibration), stairs climbed(with an altimeter), and more (sometimes even including the user’s pulse) and the device sends this data by Bluetooth to the user’s mobile phone. An app on the mobile phone then sends this data to a server which interfaces with a fitness website etc.

The broadcast of this data to server can be disabled, but it is enabled by default & disabling it results in some loss of device functionality.

If Karen was wearing such a device, it would send data to her her mobile phone, which would in turn regularly transmit some data to a server.

If Karen’s mobile phone is taken for a drive, but Karen (&and the device) don’t come along for the ride, her phone no longer receives a Bluetooth signal from the device & it stops sending data to the server.

If Karen’s mobile phone is taken for a drive, and her phone continues to send data from the device to the server, then Karen’s phone is within Bluetooth range (close proximity) of the device for the duration of that drive.

In the latter situation, given Borce’s phone was tracked along the same path with Karen’s phone(until he turned it off), we either believe that Borce drove with her body(still wearing Fitbit or similar) and phone in the car, or else we believe that after Karen went for a walk to clear her head, Borce drove Karen’s car & for some odd reason took both her phone & her Fitbit along for the ride...

For information about what these devices do & their phone apps then broadcast, check out How it works: We explain how your fitness tracker measures your daily steps or for further details, Google for ‘what data do fitness apps send’ sans quotes.

There have been murder convictions secured in the past where key parts of the evidence came from these devices.

I think they have a lot more info in the 300.000 pages of data they have. Hence the suppression application. JMO.

Strange that the 'only' child didn't ring mum at the store to see if she was OK, or even wondered how she was getting home without her car :oops:

So true, did Sarah drive home after uni then catch a lift with her dad and then go to the grandparents together?
Would she not have seen her mums Merc in the garage/driveway?
His often would her boyfriends family have had dinner at Sarahs grandparents house . Big deal not having your mum show up. Would she not have called her mum at least a bit angry that she did not make it? Didn't she think it odd her mum didn't have the courtesy to call her prior and say that she would miss out on this event? Sounds suss to me

The Mercedes that Borce Ristevski was driving on the day his wife was allegedly murdered did have a faulty fuel gauge, a court has heard.

A forensic mechanic testified today at Borce Ristevski's committal hearing the family car also showed signs it had been driven "off road" for a period of time, with clumps of mud found on the vehicle.

Ristevski Mercedes 'had been driven off road'

Thank you.:)
CR in the court room. That would indicate he is not being called as a witness. Wouldn't it?

After a bit of snooping on social media I think the woman next to CR in the court room was his oldest brothers wife. They appeared to be the only Restevski relatives in the court room as they did not interact with any one else. Two family members in court to support poor old Borce, what a family!!!!!

Very strange.

Nan, Pop, Dad, the boyfriends and his parents and not even a mention of why Mum was not at the planned get together.
When she had happily indicated whilst in her pj's that morning she would be there.
Why no phone call? No text? No concern that evening from you the only daughter?
Not before the mains or after dessert. Why no concern at all?
Why would you allow your father to tell those joining you for dinner that your mother was working back at the shop?
Why would you not call and ask - that she please explain her absence. Ask is she is Ok and going to be able to get there albeit a little late.

I know you would never do this to ME because I am an only child!!!!!!.....Sarah said.
Not do what, to YOU?
Your father organised another employee for the store. Did he not tell you that? Maybe he did.
All just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
The Mercedes that Borce Ristevski was driving on the day his wife was allegedly murdered did have a faulty fuel gauge, a court has heard.

A forensic mechanic testified today at Borce Ristevski's committal hearing the family car also showed signs it had been driven "off road" for a period of time, with clumps of mud found on the vehicle.

Ristevski Mercedes 'had been driven off road'

Off road - clumps of mud..:eek:

Last edited:
'Consistent' fault with fuel gauge of Karen Ristevski's car, court told

Tests performed on Karen Ristevski's black Mercedes Benz after it was seized by police found that the car had a consistently faulty fuel gauge, a court has heard.

An officer from Victoria Police's forensics unit told the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Wednesday that three tests were conducted on the car to determine if the gauge was broken.

One, Rosemary Davies, told the court that seeing the Mercedes at an intersection stuck in her mind as it was so infrequent that she would see a car there.

She said she didn't think the car belonged to a local.

"It was a sports car coupe thing ... and it was really clean and that time of year it should have mud on it," she said.

"I don't think there's any swish houses down there that would own a Mercedes."

No there is footage of BRs parents getting door stopped at their home and his mother answered a few questions. She appeared a lot older and a bit frail. I remember the footage because I felt sorry for his parents.
There are also photos on social media showing his parents . Definitely not Borces mum.

Well, Oz.
It was an emergency, getting to Luxury Stores before the masses finish work.
Must find the best designer labels.
Hope another fine is issued for this: but I guess we'll never know,
as took ages, to work out their financial status, before 'Legal Aid/Pro Bono' resulted.
So we pay for these also.:(

But Oz, I am so worried, as their Defence Lawyer is a QC.:(
Surely all these tactics, we are now seeing, are planned, for their Defence: he is smart.
Perhaps, to blind us, with trivia, and important facts are lost.o_O
But then the Member, Suzanne Cameron has tactfully, picked up on Sarah's answers, questioning Sarah, herself, after such answers. Yippee.:):):)

Suzanne Cameron came across as being very no nonsense , and wanted to get straight to the point.
During Tim Fisher's summation, she was continually glancing at Borce. Either looking for a reaction or confirmation he comprehended what was being said.

"There was a fault with the fuel sending unit, the actual gauge was only showing empty or full," he said.

When asked if the fault was consistent, Mr Dower said it was.

"It's a moving resistor switch, because it's moving up and down all the time it can wear out," he said.

Mr Dower also gave evidence that there was mud found underneath the car's wheel arches.

When asked by defence lawyer Sam Norton whether the mud could be the same found in Victoria Police's major crime scene compound, as another forensic officer had suggested was a possibility, Mr Dower said:

"Mud when it dries lightens in colour ... I can't really form any judgement."

'Consistent' fault with fuel gauge of Karen Ristevski's car, court told

Why did he have to upload: Drivers license new? Car different?

Uploading documents
Google translation:
Your account profile must have documents about yourself and your vehicle, such as: B. Photos of your driver's license and your vehicle insurance

Perhaps it is something that has to be done periodically, depending how often you drive for Uber. I don't think he was a regular driver and only did it when finances required it.

Perhaps it is something that has to be done periodically, depending how often you drive for Uber. I don't think he was a regular driver and only did it when finances required it.

Sounds like that financial situation may have required he was out and about ubering 24 hours - 7 days a week. If only to pay the monthly credit card payments.

So true Steve. Anyone that aided and abetted in anyway.

Hey Chewie where were you? I was second last row to the right 4th from the aisle.

Wow. You two would have had such a bonding session.:)
You would certainly have sent us pics of this, I hope, so we could share the moment.:D
Yep, all here for Justice for Karen.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members