Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those poor people. When Jessica Ridgeway went missing, I was scared to leave my house. We were 25 min from there but have friends that lived down the block and walked that same trail to school. I remember needing to go to a store near there and it freaked me out to see her missing poster there. I shopped quick and went straight home. So to think of these people in such a small town, I imagine it is even scarier.

Right. After giving a massive caveat to the press.

We have no such caveat here. And they stated definitively that his alibi checked out.

I think that's that.

So, how is one “cleared” when we don’t even know if there was a crime and if so what it is?

They must have a busy Thursday to be planning an announcement Friday.

JMO
At this point I am back to why nobody knows how she was supposed to get to work that morning.

And why did early reports state her brother contacted her that morning she was missing at 7:30am to ask if she needed a ride to work and now that has changed to ask if she needed a ride home after work.

Does that even make sense to call someone very early in the morning to see if they need a ride home?

What about how she got to work? Wouldnt they know how she had gotten to work then if they were not worried about how she got to work? Calling at 7:30am that morning and that means she likely would have already been at work since place opened at 630am.

Its all so crazy and confusing.
I just hope LE is getting closer to figuring this all out. Prayers for her and her family and friends.

"The next morning, Calderwood said her son, Tibbetts’ brother, texted his sister at 7:30 a.m. to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded."

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

It may be that that's when the brother got up. He would know that she didn't take the car to work, would presumably assume she got there some other way, and would likely check to see if she needed a ride later in order to plan his day accordingly. That actually makes MORE sense to me than him contacting her at that time to see if she needed a ride to work since she would likely have already needed to be there by then.

IMO, nothing publicly disclosed about how she got to work when she didn't have the car doesn't mean that it isn't known to the family/ friends/ LE.

She took care of the "home sitting" duties, decided her run would be to her moms, where she would have dinner, stay the night, use the car to quickly swing back by "home sitting" early in the morning to pick up vitals, take care of dogs, then head to work? Backup glasses at moms, no need to worry about a car as she would be with it, and no need for her vitals during the night. Answers everything except what happened between point A and B. A Walmart in a nearby town is reported to have had an "incident" earlier that same evening.
Agree completely.
Has anyone mapped the route from her house to her mom's? or know the distance?

So, how is one “cleared” when we don’t even know if there was a crime and if so what it is?

They must have a busy Thursday to be planning an announcement Friday.

If they were able to verify that he was out of town the whole time frame from Wednesday through when he returned Thursday looking for her, that would probably clear him even if they don't know the specific time for her disappearance (I think they have a pretty good idea of time, though).

She took care of the "home sitting" duties, decided her run would be to her moms, where she would have dinner, stay the night, use the car to quickly swing back by "home sitting" early in the morning to pick up vitals, take care of dogs, then head to work? Backup glasses at moms, no need to worry about a car as she would be with it, and no need for her vitals during the night. Answers everything except what happened between point A and B. A Walmart in a nearby town is reported to have had an "incident" earlier that same evening.

What was the incident that happened early the same evening at a Walmart in nearby town?

Were there any unknown people in town Wednesday night? This is a small town where a non resident would be noticeable.

It’s also a rural town though...I’m in a small town a few counties over with a population of just under 1,000–I’ve lived here over 16 years and in that time, I’ve worked at our grocery store, one of the bars, and I also work for our volunteer EMS service & I can say I probably know about half of the residents here...I’m not sure a nonresident would be all that noticeable right off the bat.

I was able to locate her mother's address from county property records and mapped the route between the homes (left off mom's address for obvious reasons). It's slightly under 1 mile and appears to go straight through town....it's possible she could have taken a slightly longer/more remote route to the north from her house. Doubtful because 170th st intersects Hwy 6 (cut off in my screenshot) and I can't imagine she'd want to run on a remote country road but who knows...?

This article states Mollie used the same three routes for her run. They don’t mention where the three routes are.

>>snip

Because “Mollie was a creature of habit” and used the same three routes for her run, Mortvedt says the volunteer search for evidence into her disappearance — which has been fruitless so far — has been called off.

“We have retraced her steps and have eyewitnesses who saw her out running,” Mortvedt says. “We have 40 to 50 law enforcement personnel researching a lot of the same areas, looking for evidence, and examining — if this was an abduction — points of travel in and out of town.”

As Student's Mysterious Disappearance Drags On, It Looks More and More Like Foul Play

It’s also a rural town though...I’m in a small town a few counties over with a population of just under 1,000–I’ve lived here over 16 years and in that time, I’ve worked at our grocery store, one of the bars, and I also work for our volunteer EMS service & I can say I probably know about half of the residents here...I’m not sure a nonresident would be all that noticeable right off the bat.
I used to live in a small country town. I might not have known everybody but I recognized everyone. If someone was new to town or just passing thru they stood out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg