Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you know something about Mollie’s disappearance please say something

The Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Department has received numerous messages and tips from the public that agents are following up on.

Anyone with any information related to this investigation is encouraged to contact the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office at 641-623-5679 or tips@poweshiekcosheriff.com

Remember the Sheri Papini case? Police said pretty much the same thing. Never did find out the truth abt what happened, but she did reappear as we know.

If you follow her twitter feed, it was a fairly depressing and sad narrative. IMO only, this lovely young lady wasn't hiding her dismay with life or her relationship. ...You have to read between the lines though.

On another note, why does it seem that more often than not that the significant other happens to be out of town when these things happen (missy beavers).

Imo, they are pretty certain she didn't run off.

ABC: Reason to believe that it is not missing person and it is abduction?
Kriegel: Well we are worried about that.
ABC: Why?
Kriegel: The amount of time is way outside of her nature to be gone and not contact family. She always responds to her cell phone messages and that stuff. She’s got a really good family relationship and she would probably respond to the family.

Sheriff: boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbetts aren't suspects
s

ABC: Confirmed boyfriend’s alibi?

Kriegel: We have confirmed that. He is not a suspect.

I'm so glad to hear that!

So they claim not to know what she was doing at all later than 8pm. But they have eliminated people based on alibi. Don't you need to know when a crime took place for an alibi to work? Seems like they know more about what she was doing and when this happened than he said. Either that or they didn't really clear the brothers and boyfriend - but let's go with they know more about her activities and just aren't telling the truth about it.

Maybe they have established that he did nt leave Dubuque at all on Wed eve/night and Thursday.

They searched the house twice and yet they don't know what happened to her after 7:45 while she was out on her run. This must be new info they got from her fitbit. Sounds to me like someone snagged her while she was on her run. How does this fit with her red shirt missing?

I hope it was a very thorough search and that shirt is not sitting in the drier the whole time!

JMO
At this point I am back to why nobody knows how she was supposed to get to work that morning.

And why did early reports state her brother contacted her that morning she was missing at 7:30am to ask if she needed a ride to work and now that has changed to ask if she needed a ride home after work.

Does that even make sense to call someone very early in the morning to see if they need a ride home?

What about how she got to work? Wouldnt they know how she had gotten to work then if they were not worried about how she got to work? Calling at 7:30am that morning and that means she likely would have already been at work since place opened at 630am.

Its all so crazy and confusing.
I just hope LE is getting closer to figuring this all out. Prayers for her and her family and friends.

"The next morning, Calderwood said her son, Tibbetts’ brother, texted his sister at 7:30 a.m. to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded."

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

Maybe he called her in the am because he would make plans for the evening if she doesn't need the car.

It concerns me that Mollie may have had her earbuds in listening to music while running. If that's the case, she would have been totally oblivious to anyone approaching or following her. Someone could have quickly grabbed her from behind and put her in a vehicle. Man, I hope I'm wrong! It's heartbreaking to think about.

While this case is unfortunate, it seems a good thing the number of folks taking interest, offering ideas and raising questions. I started following from onset but a gap or two allowed posts to grow exponentially. One fine point from WS searching was noting dog restraint system installed in yard so people from afar can offer.
Questions i have:
1) that Mollie didn't go to mom's for brats, might she have gone elsewhere alone and from there or enroute became missing?
2) with fair trip next day might she gone to check out lay of land to be prepared with kids?
3) any idea if any high school or college friends might have happened by and they went out for something like fries or ice cream (again, possibly becoming missing on return)?
4) last, i read she was taking classes now to reduce her load during year. Any library/study partner trips)
I'll watch for replies. Thank you

Remember the Sheri Papini case? Police said pretty much the same thing. Never did find out the truth abt what happened, but she did reappear as we know.

If you follow her twitter feed, it was a fairly depressing and sad narrative. IMO only, this lovely young lady wasn't hiding her dismay with life or her relationship. ...You have to read between the lines though.

On another note, why does it seem that more often than not that the significant other happens to be out of town when these things happen (missy beavers).

s

If Mollie’s bank and credit cards have not been used and she had little cash on her it makes it highly unlikely in my opinion that she has went away of her own accord for a while. What would she use to live on?

This post lands randomly...

admin note:

NO ONE has been named a POI or a suspect in Mollie's disappearance. Do not sleuth Mollie's boyfriend, brothers, parents, friends, coworkers, or neighbors. DO NOT accuse or insinuate that any of Mollie's family members, boyfriend or others are complicit in her disappearance.

(In fact the boyfriend and brothers have been excluded as suspects. see below...)

Many posts have been removed and warning points have been issued. Continual disregard for our TOS will result in the issuing of more warning points. Accumulation of points could lead to the loss of posting privileges.

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend and brothers are not suspects, Sheriff Kriegel told ABC News Wednesday.
Brother of missing jogger believes she is 'fighting her best to get back home'

In addition, posts eluding to psychic phenomenon have been removed as those type of posts are not allowed.

This article states Mollie used the same three routes for her run. They don’t mention where the three routes are.

>>snip

Because “Mollie was a creature of habit” and used the same three routes for her run, Mortvedt says the volunteer search for evidence into her disappearance — which has been fruitless so far — has been called off.

“We have retraced her steps and have eyewitnesses who saw her out running,” Mortvedt says. “We have 40 to 50 law enforcement personnel researching a lot of the same areas, looking for evidence, and examining — if this was an abduction — points of travel in and out of town.”

As Student's Mysterious Disappearance Drags On, It Looks More and More Like Foul Play
Yeah I wasn't very clear in my post, I was going off a theory posted earlier, which is why I mapped the route to her mom's house:
She took care of the "home sitting" duties, decided her run would be to her moms, where she would have dinner, stay the night, use the car to quickly swing back by "home sitting" early in the morning to pick up vitals, take care of dogs, then head to work? Backup glasses at moms, no need to worry about a car as she would be with it, and no need for her vitals during the night. Answers everything except what happened between point A and B. A Walmart in a nearby town is reported to have had an "incident" earlier that same evening.

I feel she went missing Wednesday night, not Thursday morning.
LE does not know what happened after 7:45 p.m. while on a jog.
She never showed up at her moms for dinner as she was expected.
She was taken imo Wednesday night right around 7:45. I hope she's alive and somehow get word to someone. She could be anywhere by now.

It concerns me that Mollie may have had her earbuds in listening to music while running. If that's the case, she would have been totally oblivious to anyone approaching or following her. Someone could have quickly grabbed her from behind and put her in a vehicle. Man, I hope I'm wrong! It's heartbreaking to think about.

I am thinking that is what happened. I am reminded of the tragic Mickey Shunick case in 2012. Mickey was on her bike and deliberately struck by a sex offender. He got Mickey and her bike into his vehicle where she attacked him with Mace and fought for her life and then he killed her. They found Mickey’s remains sometime later. The monster was jailed for killing two women.

If this is what happened to Mollie I hope she fought like hell to gather evidence and her remains are found soon.

I am very sorry to be so grim I hope and pray I’m wrong and Mollie is still alive somehow.

So, how is one “cleared” when we don’t even know if there was a crime and if so what it is?

They must have a busy Thursday to be planning an announcement Friday.

Don't you think they have information we don't?

I mean they stated they have a solid timeline. The FBI has examined her communications. They know when she last spoke to someone and what the last reliable sighting was. They know when she stopped communicating.

And they must have easy confirmation as to where the boyfriend and his brothers were from before the last sighting to the next morning when she did not show up to work. Because they were probably in hotels with cameras and key cards. And they can clock distance. Like how long it would take them to get back to the town and whether they could get back there before Mollie was supposed to be at work but didn't show.

It seems straightforward and pretty simple to clear them once that info was obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian