Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Timeline, description released in case of missing woman Mollie Tibbetts

Mollie Tibbetts, 20, a student at the University of Iowa, was last seen July 18 at around 7:30 p.m. while running the city streets of Brooklyn, Iowa, according to the Iowa Department of Public Safety's Division of Criminal Investigation in a Friday press release.

So what time did her brother drop her off?

JMO
Very interesting. I think this is new information.

I take that to mean she was last seen in town in the busier part and not rural out where her house was.

Was her Mom's house considered in the city part of Brooklyn?

This could confirm she took a 2nd run to her Moms?

EXCELLENT points. What’s known about this case certainly matches closer to an abduction than anything voluntary, and statistically the probable outcome looks worse with every passing day. But consider this:

I’ve lived in small town Iowa most of my life. Nothing’s wrong in my life now so don’t read this wrong: I’ve considered just disappearing and never coming back. I know all too well that what others see as a pretty wonderful life might not look so wonderful through my eyes. And what I’m saying here is that NOBODY knows what Mollie is feeling. If there was a motive to just disappear it’s likely nobody would know it except Mollie.

If disappearing were my motive, could I pull it off? Personally right now no, but in her situation I likely could. First I would need a plan, where I’m going to go and who’s going to help me. You would have a terrible time finding record of my contacts, I’d take care not to leave much of a paper trail. I wouldn’t take my wallet or ID, I’d take only whatever mad money I’ve got secretly stashed. And I’d take my phone and Fitbit to cover my trail. I’d probably turn them both off and end up smashing them and throwing the pieces in a river hundreds of miles away. I’d have a new set of contacts, probably change of clothes or two - no more than I could put in a backpack. And I’d leave when nobody is around and I’ve got a window of opportunity to get a couple hundred miles away before anybody notices I’m missing.

I’m not saying that did happen, I’m saying something along those lines is a possibility. And if that’s what did happen, what we’re seeing right now is exactly what it would look like. And if so, will she eventually resurface? For sure, but it’s only been a week. Even if most of us couldn’t pull it off long term I’m absolutely positive I could make it a week.
There was a case a read a while back about s wife who basically ran out her door and never came back. All the standard storys were put out etc and possible outcomes. It ended up the wife was depressed because she just came back from her honeymoon and committed sucide. It took them a few months too find her body

This is consistent with one of the early statements from someone who said he saw her out running on the later timeline. Makes me wonder if the earlier reported run around 5:30 actually happened or not...

Yes, this stood out to me as well. I believe there was a comment on the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office FB 21-Jul 0821 post that states that the commenter is pretty sure he saw her wearing the clothes that are now being released, namely the 'neon pink sports bra'.

Am I allowed to reference the comments on the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office FB page? I will edit if not, but it immediately stood out to me as I remember reading that comment days ago!

JMO
Very interesting. I think this is new information.

I take that to mean she was last seen in town in the busier part and not rural out where her house was.

Was her Mom's house considered in the city part of Brooklyn?

This could confirm she took a 2nd run to her Moms?
seems more likely she met up with somebody she new while running and just never came back.

I “think” if Molly had an app like MobileTrack there would be tracking via that app.

Even the Fitbit app. The app just works with the Fitbit and sends your location by using the phone's built-in location service which uses GPS, GLONASS, and other methods.

The thing is, Fitbit may have nothing because depending on how you configure your device, it doesn't transmit your location automatically. It doesn't for me because I don't really want some company having logs of where I spend my day with all the data breaches we've been having recently.

it just means they got her on camera somewhere
There was a case a read a while back about s wife who basically ran out her door and never came back. All the standard storys were put out etc and possible outcomes. It ended up the wife was depressed because she just came back from her honeymoon and committed sucide. It took them a few months too find her body
theres just absolutely nothing to say that mollie had any kind of stress or depression. I just dont feel like thats the case here at all. I really think if she did she’d probably of got help or shared her feelings with her mum as soon as she felt down. I know a lot of people bottle these things up but i get the impression shes not that kind of girl?!

Has a press conference for today been officially confirmed? I can’t seem to find anything official other than this statement about a press release today. I think today’s press release is all there is.

"With the aide of the public, investigative leads continue to be investigated and a multitude of individuals have been interviewed," DCI officials said in the Friday press release.

Investigators use digital info in search for Iowa student

theres just absolutely nothing to say that mollie had any kind of stress or depression. I just dont feel like thats the case here at all. I really think if she did she’d probably of got help or shared her feelings with her mum as soon as she felt down. I know a lot of people bottle these things up but i get the impression shes not that kind of girl?!
Some people get triggered and maybe being away from her boyfriend triggered something. Now with that said sucide is way down my possibilities but it cant be ruled out.

Still wondering if there are any local reporters who have picked up on polygraphs being offered. Word of that will filter through a small community fairly quickly.

Also a few more questions: If Mollie's brother dropped her off at the Jack house and I have heard times of from 5:30 to 7:30, where had they been previously? Her mom's? If she intended to return to her mom's to eat, why did her brother drive and drop her off? Why didn't she drive, unless she intended to run back home?

Had she been to her internship job earlier that day? Did she drive?

Most people I know do not like to eat right after they run. They want to rehydrate and cool down a bit. So assuming she was seen running @ 7:30, and she tended to the dogs earlier, that would have put her post run evening meal at ~ 9PM? I understood her mom to say she was not concerned when Mollie did not come over to eat.

The mother and brother both would have known Mollie was over there alone without a vehicle and needed to be at work the next morning she was a no-show for supper and no explanation of that has been released. No one checks on her? What could it be, at most two - three minutes away?

What arrangements had Mollie made for transportation later that night and/or the next morning? Why am I hung up on that? Does it even matter?

One thing the Fitbit might tell them though Is if there is a heart rate. It might not give location without being conjoined to app but it does keep track of that and that would tell them significant data and time. God forbid the heart rate stopped...but if you are in trouble your heart rate would likely go up and she might not be moving very much.

Another thing I haven’t seen much in the way of search dogs...have they been used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member