Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got to think if people seen her jogging, they would of seen a strange person or car following her to
Unless the perp walked. As I remember way upthread the local police weren't exactly "local", meaning PD isn't actively patrolling streets as they do where many of us live. Perhaps a local to this area could share their experience re this likelihood.

So now we know she was doing homework on her computer late that night after her jog. Were the dogs inside the house with her or in the basement?
Now I'm thinking someone either came to the house in the morning after she put the dogs in the basement to leave for work or they grabbed her after she left the home on her way to work. Do we know if there was any signs of a struggle? Any evidence someone else was in the home? How was she getting to work? Doesn't that seem like the biggest question and possible answer?

These are exactly what I have been asking and it is clear to me now that LE will know the answers but have not been releasing that so we have to wonder why at this point IMO.

I'm beginning to think she did go to her mom's for dinner. That makes more sense to me.

I’m thinking so too. They are just saying enough to keep everyone about wondering ans hopeful but not tightening the timeframe up so it’s a dead give away. (Due to the suspect being to close for comfort) is my guess! I still feel that have a good indication who she was with or who possibly “took” her.

It seems that she was walking east on W. Des Moines Street and then turned either left or right on 398. Blue arrow would take her past his house, then if she turned left where the green arrow is pointing, that would take her in the direction of her mom's house.
View attachment 140222
The article just says "Wednesday evening," no time given.

Ok, thanks for that.

So for lack of any concrete info from authorities in terms of specific times etc - its a possibility that what the neighbor says is true. She may have only been living there a short time - but if she went running every day and he sits there most days looking out past his TV - then it wouldn't be long before he developed some recognition of her.

So, to go back to the dozens of others who have vanished in the last 2 weeks. Do we have any info about them and how they went missing...? ie - walking back roads between 7 - 9pm on their own?

In a few days there's a vigil for missing Iowans - including Luke Wilson a small, young teenager who was walking along on his own and last seen at 8.30pm...

As searches continue for Mollie Tibbetts and Jake Wilson, vigil planned for missing Iowans

I believe that has to do with Mollie's bf saying he received a snapchat photo of her dated 10 pm that showed her inside.

This got me thinking. I wonder if BF received a snapchat that showed Mollie inside "a" house that he knows wasn't his. So mom was asked if Mollie had taken the picture at her house to rule that out (maybe BF isn't familiar with every nook and cranny of Mollie's mom's house so he couldn't say for certain if the photo had been taken there). Maybe Mollie took her laptop to someone else's house to do school work and they are trying to figure that part out?

This got me thinking. I wonder if BF received a snapchat that showed Mollie inside "a" house that he knows wasn't his. So mom was asked if Mollie had taken the picture at her house to rule that out (maybe BF isn't familiar with every nook and cranny of Mollie's mom's house so he couldn't say for certain if the photo had been taken there). Maybe Mollie took her laptop to someone else's house to do school work and they are trying to figure that part out?
There is one common person in this imo. I think LE is close to an arrest.

Okay - I've skipped over Thread #3 & #4.... 2,000 plus posts... and last time I was here was late Friday night. And you all have been quite busy!!

Can someone give a synopsis of what's happened recently? Any "good" news on locating Mollie?

If someone can help me with this link - I'm blocked per EU rules:

UPDATE: Timeline, description released in case of missing woman Mollie Tibbetts

A rundown on the Timeline? A "newer" timeline?
and this on new details? .... besides her working on homework on her computer.

New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen

YES!! Please!

Thank you! :)

Due to the 10% copyright rule, I’ve only included the most relevant things.

Mollie, a student at the University of Iowa, was last seen July 18 at around 7:30 p.m. while running the city streets of Brooklyn.

At the time, she was wearing dark-colored running shorts, a pink "sports top" and running shoes of an unknown color.

No arrests have been made and no suspects have been identified.

A multitude of individuals have been interviewed and a number of searches have been conducted including ground, air and K-9 searches.

Federal and state investigators are going through “massive amounts of data” in an effort to track her whereabouts prior to her disappearance. Search warrants were issued to social media and fitness tracking companies, including Fitbit. They have other information from her cellphone provider, Instagram and Snapchat.

You’ve probably read everything else of note but you just need to ask if you have any questions.

Unfortunately there hasn’t been any good news. The item getting a lot of attention here now is the fact that nothing has been mentioned by anyone involved with the investigation or family as to how she was supposed to get to work the next morning. Her car, which she shares with her brother, is at her mother’s home and there haven’t been any texts between the two of them on this subject.

Hope this helps.

I agree.

Or, the University has contacted the parents (and LE) and noted that her homework was being completed (let's say after 11 pm).

A lot of colleges have a platform you have to submit your homework on, by a certain time, or it is marked "late".

MT might have been working on a group project with someone, or a couple of people, on someone else's home computer, and then submitted the homework to the platform right before midnight.

She might not have been working at the Bf's house, and might not have been on her laptop at all, in fact, that evening.

I am imagining she did homework online and uploaded to the class. When I went to college we had a thing called blackboard. Internet classes were the go to style in the summer. So homework was put on blackboard then you would log in, do it and submit it

I gathered tidbits of information with quotes from articles:

(note: quoting a member about the dogs being in the basement -I can't look at the article to substantiate)

The dogs were in the basement, where they were kept when nobody was home.

Mollie Tibbetts searchers get Fitbit information

Family members told KCCI on Saturday that evidence shows she was doing homework on her computer late in the evening on July 18. Authorities declined to release a specific time, saying it could hinder the investigation.

New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen

“Mollie Tibbetts, 20, a student at the University of Iowa, was last seen July 18 at around 7:30 p.m. while running the city streets of Brooklyn, Iowa, according to the Iowa Department of Public Safety's Division of Criminal Investigation in a Friday press release.

At the time, she was wearing dark-colored running shorts, a pink "sports top" and running shoes of an unknown color, according to DCI.”

Investigators use digital info in search for Iowa student

The latest update from authorities was that they are not ruling out abduction and that Tibbetts' boyfriend is not a suspect, and neither are her brothers or the boyfriend's brother.

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

5:30 p.m.: Tibbetts' older brother, Jake, dropped Mollie off at her boyfriend's house, where she was still staying alone with the dogs. Investigators said Jake Tibbetts is not a suspect.

7:30 p.m. According to a "reasonable timeline" constructed by authorities, Tibbetts went for a jog around this time and was seen running on the city streets of Brooklyn.

Rumor mill spreads more harm than good in Mollie Tibbetts' case

Last night, the FBI returned with dogs to an area of Deep River after receiving a tip.

However, there's still no sign of Mollie.

Kriegel told ABC News that Jack's alibi was confirmed and he is not a suspect, and neither is his brother. Tibbetts' two brothers have also been cleared and are not suspects.

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

Because “Mollie was a creature of habit” and used the same three routes for her run, Mortvedt says the volunteer search for evidence into her disappearance — which has been fruitless so far — has been called off.

As Student's Mysterious Disappearance Drags On, It Looks More and More Like Foul Play

As Calderwood talked with an FBI agent on the front porch, brother Jake said Mollie always ran in the evening and wore a FitBit and a cell phone holder on her arm, the music playing in wireless headphones.

'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad': Brotherly love for missing sister

She said Mollie was blossoming in Iowa City, just as she had in high school, where she was involved in theater and three times won state speech competitions.

'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad': Brotherly love for missing sister

I last spoke with her at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday night about what was for dinner. I told her brats. She said, ‘ok,'” her mother, Laura Calderwood, told KWWL-TV.

Mollie Tibbetts Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Speculation that Mollie could not have been abducted by a stranger is misguided, Mortvedt tells PEOPLE.

[…]

“One avenue of thought is that if it wasn’t a struggle, and we have found no signs of a struggle, then maybe it was someone she was familiar with,” Mortvedt explains. “But then the other avenue of thought is it could have been a stranger who simply overpowered her or tricked her. We just have very little to go on.”

Boyfriend Ruled Out as Suspect in Iowa Student's Disappearance — as Police Search Pig Farm

I agree.

Or, the University has contacted the parents (and LE) and noted that her homework was being completed (let's say after 11 pm).

A lot of colleges have a platform you have to submit your homework on, by a certain time, or it is marked "late".

MT might have been working on a group project with someone, or a couple of people, on someone else's home computer, and then submitted the homework to the platform right before midnight.

She might not have been working at the Bf's house, and might not have been on her laptop at all, in fact, that evening.
I think the homework thing is most likely true. There is the possibility the storm might of knocked out the internet to. So she had to find another source or place to do it.

So now we know she was doing homework on her computer late that night after her jog. Were the dogs inside the house with her or in the basement?
Now I'm thinking someone either came to the house in the morning after she put the dogs in the basement to leave for work or they grabbed her after she left the home on her way to work. Do we know if there was any signs of a struggle? Any evidence someone else was in the home? How was she getting to work? Doesn't that seem like the biggest question and possible answer?

"One avenue of thought is that if it wasn't a struggle, and we have found no signs of a struggle, then maybe it was someone she was familiar with," Mortvedt said.

Boyfriend of missing Iowa college student cleared as suspect

2 Thoughts:
About the ride to work - she lived with 3 other adults. Perhaps she regularly got a ride to work from one of them. Boyfriend? Maybe it was only a few times when they were away that she might have needed a ride. Sometimes she might use the car shared with her brother or he would take her. If she went to dinner at Mom’s, she might have planned to take the car back then for work the next day if her brother wasn’t using it. When she didn’t show for the dinner, her brother wasn’t sure whether she’d need a ride or not.
About the timeframe - maybe LE are changing it because they have a suspect and are letting him bury himself with a lie about where he was at a certain time.

So, I'm thinking she did go to her mom's house at some point that night and sent her bf a snapchat pic from there.
Her brother supposedly texted her around 7:30 the next morning to ask is she needed a ride home after work that day. Obviously it was thought she had a ride to work that morning........or was that text a ruse?

Info pertaining to signs of a struggle. From July 26th article.

Mortvedt, DCI Spokesman

"Speculation that Mollie could not have been abducted by a stranger is misguided.
“One avenue of thought is that if it wasn’t a struggle, and we have found no signs of a struggle, then maybe it was someone she was familiar with,” Mortvedt explains. “But then the other avenue of thought is it could have been a stranger who simply overpowered her or tricked her. We just have very little to go on.”

Boyfriend Ruled Out as Suspect in Iowa Student's Disappearance — as Police Search Pig Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280