Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, in families, there are some big white elephants wandering around. Some things are very carefully not talked about. There are all sorts of reasons that family members might not ask a-what seems to us- really obvious question of another family member. I would not be surprised if Sarah had never actually asked Borce if he murdered her mother. I think she might be too afraid to have done- afraid of his answer, one way or the other, whether she would believe it or not. (And, for her mental health, him denying harming Karen, and Sarah knowing he was lying was be a huge burden) I know her conduct has been less than impeccable, but I feel for Sarah, she has lost her Mum in the worst possible circumstances, and pretty much her father too.

I haven't seen any real evidence that the financial situation that the family were in-dire- was more due to Borce than to Karen. Who knows whether one or both of them were steering that ship? I run a small business, and there is no way I'd stay open with the shop's losses. Karen must have known about those figures. Maybe she kept hoping that it would turn around, (oh, soon, soon), but she must have known. Nice big house, nice cars, nice expensive clothes, ah, I can't work out what either of them were thinking!

Maybe Karen was quicker to anger than Borce, maybe not. Still waters run deep and all. It hardly matters if she had a melt down every afternoon at 3 on the dot, someone stole her life. The financial situation must have been really stressful, but it seems like almost a chronic situation for them, and not one either of them seemed keen to address effectively.

I do feel sorry for Sarah. And very sad for Karen, and her family. And I'm looking forward to the trial.

Who knows if the EFTPOS machine was broken, or if the telecomms bill for the EFTPOS line had not been paid. It usually takes a few unpaid bills, a few warnings from the company, before that kind of line is disconnected.

I tend to think that it could have been an unpaid bill. That would be enough to make anyone swear. Imagine trying to run a business in this day and age, where just about everyone uses a card to pay for their items, and the EFTPOS machine is not working.

The EFTPOS machine at the shop was not working at the time.
"My husband pisses me off," Ms Rivstevski told Ms Culhane, according to the statement.
'He was very worried': Karen Ristevski's daughter says family was 'very close'

That makes sense SA. Yep after going through dress fittings and then for the customer to make the final choice not to be able to make the sale, that’d piss anyone off not to be able to bring in money because he didn’t pay a bill.

High flyers pffft. No thanks.

I’m watching Australian Crime one 9::: and I was interested that the crim’s cell mate was an undercover cop. Ahh what a job! It shows what our cops do, above and beyond the normal.
I’m thinking of BR.
What was the reason BR went to prison for so long, refused bail or was he a flight risk?
Wow I wonder how that would work, no time off, dedication from that officer.
What do you mean went to prison for so long? So they. Normallyget bail?

A scenario is playing out in my mind. She’s the volatile one. It’s Karen that loses it. Goes ballistic in fact. She’s found out he’s betraying her by siphoning off the money from the business perhaps. It’s the last straw and she is really leaving him. He has to make her stop....

Afterwards he needs one helluva hookah. A shisha-bomb practically goes off in the garage whilst he figures out what to do next.

And that’s why he needed more shisha!

AMOO

Hi Calli,
In the above scenario, I am also thinking, whether Sarah was present: whether she witnessed this fight.
When Sarah used the word 'ballistic' in stating this, I wonder if she was present.
Due to the way BR speaks (media, police statements) would he use this word?

Wow I wonder how that would work, no time off, dedication from that officer.
What do you mean went to prison for so long? So they. Normallyget bail?

I remember thinking it was his choice.

His lawyer Rob Stary indicated his client would be pleading not guilty. He made no application for bail and was remanded in custody to reappear on April 18.
Karen Ristevski’s husband charged with her murder

Banks direct debit fees for EFTPOS machines monthly, mine are debited on the first of each month. I'm not sure that the bank would continue to provide that service for very long if the fees are not available. They can be a bit tricky sometimes, and rely on the internet service working, and the relevant bank on line working at the same time. At the end of a long day, (or even the start of one), the machine not working would be super discouraging, especially if cash flow is a problem.

IIRC some get bail awaiting trial.
Anyone else know?

he didn't apply for bail, I'd say raising funds for bail might have been a bit beyond him with all the debts.

Also clarification regarding bella Bleu - wasn't it reported during the committal hearing that the store was doing okay until the $90000+ stock purchase and Karen's disappearance?

he didn't apply for bail, I'd say raising funds for bail might have been a bit beyond him with all the debts.

Also clarification regarding bella Bleu - wasn't it reported during the committal hearing that the store was doing okay until the $90000+ stock purchase and Karen's disappearance?

I remember it being the large $90,000 stock purchase, that caused problems.
From memory, was it summer stock.:confused:
It perhaps did not state Karen's disappearance added to problems, when this was stated.

Why would BR go overseas, (was it in March), when he spoke about 'good place to hide a body'?
Was he buying stock????

Last edited:
I give up.

The two-week hearing has been told much of the family's dire financial situation.

The Ristevskis were directors of a fashion boutique and the business appeared to be floundering, unable to cover its costs.

They couple also had a $740,000 mortgage and sometimes argued about money, the court has been told.

Daughter Sarah Ristevski, 23, said her parents rarely fought and her father was "never" aggressive towards her mother.
No motive or intent, Ristevski lawyers say - Campaspe News

I know Sarah said the store was doing well, I just can’t find the article now.

I give up.

The two-week hearing has been told much of the family's dire financial situation.

The Ristevskis were directors of a fashion boutique and the business appeared to be floundering, unable to cover its costs.

They couple also had a $740,000 mortgage and sometimes argued about money, the court has been told.

Daughter Sarah Ristevski, 23, said her parents rarely fought and her father was "never" aggressive towards her mother.
No motive or intent, Ristevski lawyers say - Campaspe News

I know Sarah said the store was doing well, I just can’t find the article now.

If Sarah is correct, that business was doing well, then to add here, 'why did BR go overseas'?
? To Buy stock?
Was this the $90,000?
Did he go 'for a good time'?
But I wouldn't think BR had the knowledge to choose women's clothing, it would be KR's task.
Did this now cause problems (the $90,000 stock: whoever bought it)?.
BR wanted a Sale, and KR said 'No'.

When will things 'fall into place' for us!!!!!!

I’m reading this that Borce never showed any affection.

Under cross-examination by Mr Ristevski’s defence lawyer David Hallowes, Ms Ristevski told the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court her parents fought every few weeks but her father was “the calming influence” and “never demonstrative”.
Ristevski daughter breaks her silence

demonstrative
dɪˈmɒnstrətɪv/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a person) unrestrained in showing feelings, especially those of affection.
    "we were a very physically demonstrative family"
    synonyms: expressive, open, forthcoming, emotional, communicative, responsive, unreserved, unrestrained, effusive, expansive, gushing, affectionate, cuddly, loving, warm, friendly, approachable

I’m reading this that Borce never showed any affection.

Under cross-examination by Mr Ristevski’s defence lawyer David Hallowes, Ms Ristevski told the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court her parents fought every few weeks but her father was “the calming influence” and “never demonstrative”.
Ristevski daughter breaks her silence

demonstrative
dɪˈmɒnstrətɪv/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a person) unrestrained in showing feelings, especially those of affection.
    "we were a very physically demonstrative family"
    synonyms: expressive, open, forthcoming, emotional, communicative, responsive, unreserved, unrestrained, effusive, expansive, gushing, affectionate, cuddly, loving, warm, friendly, approachable

So he was/is 'cold'.

I’m watching Australian Crime one 9::: and I was interested that the crim’s cell mate was an undercover cop. Ahh what a job! It shows what our cops do, above and beyond the normal.
I’m thinking of BR.
What was the reason BR went to prison for so long, refused bail or was he a flight risk?

I think we discussed this a long time ago. I don’t think BR was eligible to be granted bail as he was charged with murder and must not have met the ‘exceptional circumstances’ required, although I can’t seem to find what they are at the moment.

Bail Act 1977
No. 9008 of 1977

Part 2—Granting of bail and admission to bail

13 Court may grant bail

[...]

(2) Bail shall not be granted to a person charged with [...] murder unless—

[...]

(b) in the case of a person charged with murder—

(i) the Supreme Court;
(ii) a judge of the Supreme Court; or
(iii) the magistrate who commits the person for trial for murder—

is satisfied that exceptional circumstances exist which justify the making of such an order.’

http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/d...EDD0007067B/$FILE/77-9008aa120 authorised.pdf

I remember it being the large $90,000 stock purchase, that caused problems.
From memory, was it summer stock.:confused:
It perhaps did not state Karen's disappearance added to problems, when this was stated.

Why would BR go overseas, (was it in March), when he spoke about 'good place to hide a body'?
Was he buying stock????
$90000 Summer stock purchase, seems a large outlay. with a mark up of at least 50% they would have to average $1500 in sales 7 days a week for 3 months,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard