GUILTY KS - 5 yr old murdered, 1 yr old injured, Lawrence, 3 Aug 2018

I'm still a little surprised that this was considered murder right off the bat. It seems like a lot of things would need to be investigated to draw that conclusion and I'm not sure they've had time to do all that. There must be a lot of information they're keeping to themselves.

I'm still a little surprised that this was considered murder right off the bat. It seems like a lot of things would need to be investigated to draw that conclusion and I'm not sure they've had time to do all that. There must be a lot of information they're keeping to themselves.
Could it have been something she said to them at the time?

I would think they have been investigating since the car went into the river. There should have been no reason for a vehicle to be where she was. Unless she was confused, but the river is quite wide right there as it is in a bend. Then it goes over a dam, and you can see the big bridge from that road. That is a dirt road and only used for maintenance as I have stated above. I go over this bridge at least once or twice a week and know this area very well.

I don't think they called it murder until they found the 5 yr old deceased the next morning in the river. They suspected there was another child from the night before (Friday) and found her on Saturday morning. imo

If this was PPD (or other mental illness) could it be they arrest and charge her, then her attorney helps her? I think that's how it happened in Andrea Yates' case (and a few others not involving children). Maybe they could tell it was intentional but her plea comes later.

If this was PPD (or other mental illness) could it be they arrest and charge her, then her attorney helps her? I think that's how it happened in Andrea Yates' case (and a few others not involving children). Maybe they could tell it was intentional but her plea comes later.
I think this is a very good possibility. I think we will know more the first of this week.

Having problems posting and quoting - but @Jewels53 - you said the first of the week - Monday court date?

Having problems posting and quoting - but @Jewels53 - you said the first of the week - Monday court date?
They haven't said yet when she will appear in court. Here is the link to the local newspaper.

Healthy Outlook: Get R&R in nature with this area trail guide

I don't know why the link comes up saying what it does, but it does take you to the newspaper site.

I don't know if you can access it overseas Niner.

Also they haven't given the condition of the 1 yr old boy. Last I saw he was still in the hospital.

The father of the 5-year-old girl whose body was recovered Saturday from the Kansas River said he hadn’t seen his daughter in 18 months and was worried about what he said was the deteriorating mental state of her mother.

Clinton Tyler Bradley, of Columbia, Mo., said his daughter Amiyah Bradley was the girl whose body was recovered Saturday morning from the Kansas River. The girl was born during a two-year relationship he had with Scharron Dingledine, he said.

Father: Girl, 5, recovered from Kansas River was ‘really sweet girl and a great big sister’

This has a picture of the girl and she is just beautiful!
Rest in heaven sweet angel!

Monday, August 6th:
*1st Appearance (maybe?) – KS – Amiyah Bradley (5 yr old daughter-died, August 3, 2018) & 1 yr old son (injured-remains in hospital) – Scharron Renea Dingledine (26) “mom” arrested (8/4/18) on 1st degree murder & attempted 1st degree murder charges. Held without bail.

RIP Amiyah!
rose-smiley.gif

Amiyah-Bradley1crop.jpg

Hope it's okay to post her picture and name - otherwise - delete please!

Formal charges have been filed against a Missouri woman who was arrested after allegedly driving into the Kansas River on Friday, an incident in which one child died and another was critically injured.

snipped
Check back for more information on the formal charges filed this afternoon.

Murder charges: Woman intentionally drove car into river in an attempt to kill children

OMG and here I thought it was to kill herself. I really don't know what to say.

Monday, August 6, 2018 - 4:41pm
Douglas County District Attorney Charles Branson announces that 26-year-old Columbia, Missouri resident Scharron R. Dingledine had a first appearance this afternoon in the Pro Tem Division of Douglas County District Court. Dingledine is charged with one count of first degree murder and one count of attempted first degree murder.

The Court set bond at $1,000,000 cash/surety and set the case for a no go preliminary hearing on August 7 at 9:30 a.m. in Division Six. Attached with this release is a copy of the complaint document filed in the case.

It is anticipated no further updates will be available until after Dingledine’s next court date.

All defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proved guilty. Charges are merely allegations of criminal conduct.

Missouri Woman Has First Court Appearance In Kansas River Drowning | Douglas County Kansas

https://www.douglascountyks.org/sit...ounty-news/pdf/dingledinecomplaint18cr850.pdf

A copy of the complaint.

Red is update on hearing on 8/6

Tuesday, August 7th:

*Prelim Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) – KS – Amiyah Bradley (5 yr old daughter-died, August 3, 2018) & 1 yr old son (injured-remains in hospital) – Scharron Renea Dingledine (26) “mom” arrested (8/4/18) on 1st degree murder & attempted 1st degree murder. Held without bail.
8/6/18 Update: Formal charges allege Berg intentionally drove the car into river to kill children. Charged (8/6/18) with 1st degree murder with premeditation & attempted 1st degree murder (on 1 yr old). $1M bond cash/surety. Judge appointed attorney, next hearing August 7th. Elijah Lake (1 yr) is still in intensive care. Next hearing 8/7.

Monday, August 6, 2018 - 4:41pm
Douglas County District Attorney Charles Branson announces that 26-year-old Columbia, Missouri resident Scharron R. Dingledine had a first appearance this afternoon in the Pro Tem Division of Douglas County District Court. Dingledine is charged with one count of first degree murder and one count of attempted first degree murder.

The Court set bond at $1,000,000 cash/surety and set the case for a no go preliminary hearing on August 7 at 9:30 a.m. in Division Six. Attached with this release is a copy of the complaint document filed in the case.

It is anticipated no further updates will be available until after Dingledine’s next court date.

All defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proved guilty. Charges are merely allegations of criminal conduct.

Missouri Woman Has First Court Appearance In Kansas River Drowning | Douglas County Kansas

https://www.douglascountyks.org/sit...ounty-news/pdf/dingledinecomplaint18cr850.pdf

A copy of the complaint.

I can tell you that several of the people on the witness list are corrections officers at the jail, which leads me to believe she confessed which is why they brought charges so swiftly.

This woman is not from the area, her address is Columbia MO which is about 3 hours east of Lawrence, and the newspaper articles say she had no known ties to the area.

I haven’t seen anything referencing CPS involvement with the family.

I live in the area - once the crime scene tape is down (if it isn’t already), I’ll drive to the area she went into the river and record it so you can have some perspective of where it happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back