GUILTY KS - 5 yr old murdered, 1 yr old injured, Lawrence, 3 Aug 2018

Tuesday, January 22nd:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ pm CT) – KS – Amiyah Renae Bradley (5 yr old daughter-died, August 3, 2018, Lawrence; body recovered 8/4/18 & 1 yr old son (injured) – *Scharron Renea Dingledine (26) “mom” arrested (8/4/18), charged (8/6/18) & arraigned (12/3/18) with 1st degree murder with premeditation & attempted 1st degree murder (on 1 yr old). Plead not guilty. $1M bond cash/Surety.
Elijah Lake (1 yr) is still in intensive care (8/6/18). 10/2/18: he will be traveling to New Orleans, LA for further more advanced treatment Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBOT) & in fair condition.
8/6/18: Charged. 8/7: Def. motion for mental evaluation. Next hearing 8/28 for evaluation report. 8/28/18: Deemed competent to stand trial, next hearing 10/2. 10/2/18: Waived right to prelim hearing; entered no plea. Arraignment scheduled for 12/3. 12/3/18: Plead not guilty. Next hearing is on 12/17.
12/17/18 Update: Plead guilty to all charges. Her murder charge carries a sentence of life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 years (plea agreement deal). The attempted murder charge carries a sentence between 12 and 14 years. She'll learn her fate on Jan 22.

Scharron Dingledine, of Columbia, pleaded guilty in December to an amended first-degree murder charge and attempted first-degree murder.

On Tuesday, a Douglas County courts spokesperson confirmed to FOX4 that a judge sentenced Dingledine to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

Woman who drove into Kansas River sentenced to life in prison for daughter’s death

She got more time than I expected!
Rip Amiyah!

Have talked with the Father of Amiyah this evening and it is shocking how he has been left largely out of the loop since he was no longer with his ex who committed this horrendous act. Really never thought about it until now, but when LE rolls out on a domestic violence call they seem to have no procedure in place as to notifying children's biological other parent when a child is in a DV situation and should be deemed unsafe. Her Father was not notified until after the murder had taken place. This was after the Mom checked in and out of a Mental facility and LE was no longer following up. Plenty sadness to go around. Nobody even mentions little Elijah and his condition.

JMO

Hey jggordo! How is little Elijah doing? Hopefully, recovering slowly....

At least Amiyah got Justice!!

No real word on Elijah. I would have thought that the two Fathers would have developed a bond of sorts, not just for getting Justice for the children but the future care and concern for Elijah. I suppose they were not close before and that must have been just being hopeful. I have not really asked many questions out of respect and to be honest I don't believe he knows any more than we do. He was left out of plea negotiations and completely blindsided when it was done. He's hopping mad and I don't blame him. I just listen to what he has to say.

Just sad.

I believe you have to interject yourself into the situation and not wait for the authorities to contact you. Perhaps Amiyahs father should have kept up with the prosecution in Lawrence, KS to know what was going on with the case. Maybe he did, I haven't heard one way or another. jmo moo imo

Jewels53 I think you are 100% correct. I have tried to play Devil's Advocate as much as the situation will allow. I cannot wrap my head around not knowing where my child is for 16 months as just one example. Many times I believe victims families are so overwhelmed that they feel powerless. Which is why so many jurisdictions have victim's advocates. In this case the deaths happened in another State than the family, so no real advocacy from either State. At the end of the day nobody seems to know where or how the boy (Elijah) is. To me the tragedy still continues.

JMO

I tried to pass along some of what we here at WS do to the Father. I've learned that where she will spend her sentence is Topeka Correctional Center for Women. It is the only women's facility in the state of Kansas. It has a storied past and has many State and Federal investigations along with Media "undercover" stories to it's reputation. The place is and always has been known for it's female prostitution, sexual abuse, drug sales and extortion to say the least. Not to mention guards impregnating the prisoners. It's a true hell hole. So anyway I passed this information inside a Sympathy card for him. If nothing else to let him know what her future holds for her. Also her prison number and address to send her "Get Well" cards, for all the days she feels like s_it ! A little trick I learned from a woman who's Son was murdered and the convict is in prison doing life. She uses names and addresses out of the phone book as return labels so as not to be filtered out. Nice touch I think !

I spoke with a young Medical student at MU about this case. I got a very long lecture that was explicitly NOT about this defendant, but in parallel terms (if that makes any sense). A good deal about HIPPA laws and regulations. If and when a Mother checks herself into a facility she can check herself out. UNLESS she displays to more than one professional that she may harm herself or someone else. Due to her HIPPA rights and the laws there is little to nothing they can do about it. She felt this is a classic case of Postpartum Psychosis. She summed it up by saying "tell all the new Fathers and Husbands...when your new Mother becomes depressed don't leave alone her and especially for another woman!"
Postpartum depression - Symptoms and causes

MU is also a teaching facility. I do not believe they will or would use experience or the desire to "go around" or find a grey area to circumvent someone like this woman from leaving or report her medical to LE or others. I don't know who or how but I think more has to be done to be more concerned about the patients themselves (and others) than HIPPA laws. There are too many tragedies.

JMO

With today's news of a brand new medication for post-partem depression it reminded me of this case. I have absolutely NO DOUBT opinion that this woman suffered from post-partem depression, and went undiagnosed. Which is an even bigger tragedy in the fact that she was in a mental facility immediately before killing her child and permanently making the other child disabled for the remainder of his life. The knee jerk reaction is to not only blame the Mother but lock her up for the rest of her life. It should have been to keep her under mental health supervision to get her the help she really needed in desperate way. Mothers who suffer this depression do not know what is wrong with them.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back