Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been asked over and over. Being tight lipped is very common these days as releasing info publicly has made it impossible to verify whether a suspect is telling the truth when they confess or if they accidentally incriminate themselves.
(respectfully snipped by me)
I also think it's pretty illogical to suggest that people in this rural, small town area, obsessed with and inundated with this case, are going to ignore anything, no matter how small, that could possibly, remotely be connected to the case, that occurred between 5:30 pm the day before she went missing to the following day at 5:30 pm simply because the exact timeline has not been released.

Two things in your post. As for verifying, I also wanted to add that it does seem that people look to get fame from high profile cases and there is a trend of people who will confess to get notoriety. 30 years ago they released more information, but then people weren't piggybacking on tragedies to gain fame. Remember all the people who confessed in the Ramsey murder. It was so heartbreaking to see people use that tragedy to garner fame by falsely confessing.

On the flip side, sometimes small details will trigger better memories. For instance, seeing a pic of a missing child can backfire because people will overlook the face and focus on the clothing. At least knowing what she was wearing when she went missing might trigger a memory. In this case the public has really been given nothing. A brunette girl, short and small with long hair is really the only definitive facts, and that's assuming no one cut her hair and dyed it. Now maybe you're right, and it won't affect the tips coming in, but I do know that memories can be triggered by small details. Ever forgotten some occurrence and someone says, "remember it was really hot" and you'll remember the event better? Right now no one knows even what day she went missing, let alone if she was wearing a pink top, a black top, or a red t-shirt.

JMO, as far as LE, their words and actions do not match. They have said things that seem like Mollie may have left (asking public “why” Mollie is gone, who is she etc) but search pond and fields. So do they know anything yet??
Maybe they were asking those things about Mollie in order to find the person(s) whose "footprints" were in the circles around Mollie ?

WC is the epitomy of a guy you would think could have harmed her. He’s like the guy you would cast in a movie as the crazy killer. He has a criminal past. He would have been figured out immediately by FBI if he was involved. He’s not going to outsmart trained pro’s. In my opinion he’s not involved. Quote me on this. :)

WC is on my mind. They keep going back to interview him, searched his property. There has to be a darn good reason for it. I don't think it's just because he has a stalking history as those stalkings were aimed at people he knew.
Let's look at what he did tell us.
He didn't know her or her family. (because he only stalks people he knows)
He supposes some guy took her. (who could that guy be when you, WC are the one being questioned?)
And he was nervous as a mouse cornered by a cat.
I'm not pointing the finger at him but he put himself out there by giving interviews to the media.

IF LE isn't willing to share some details in the scheduled PC on Friday - I, for one will look on the WS site and Google MT's from time to time to see what's the latest; but my interest is starting to wane.

They need to open up or risk losing a portion of the public interest.

Do you think maintaining the interest of random people on the internet is crucial to solving this case? Do you think the people in that region are going to lose interest in the disappearance of one of their own, ever?

Well if you look at the theory that they really think she is alive and are trying to subtly communicate to a person holding her, suggesting that Mollie “caused” this in some way could just be something else they are trying to communicate to her supposed captor. Suggesting that it wasn’t really their fault and they will understand that it was just a mistake, that Mollie, not the captor, was the real cause of the misunderstanding, etc. could just be a way to persuade someone holding her to let her go, let them think they are not to blame and so on.

All IMOO and I hope that makes sense.

Communication 101
First rule: Know your audience

I think in the press conferences this is the dual message being given.

First part is directed to us as spectators

Second part is directed to other parties in an informing, calming, inviting way

WC is on my mind. They keep going back to interview him, searched his property. There has to be a darn good reason for it. I don't think it's just because he has a stalking history as those stalkings were aimed at people he knew.
Let's look at what he did tell us.
He didn't know her or her family. (because he only stalks people he knows)
He supposes some guy took her. (who could that guy be when you, WC are the one being questioned?)
And he was nervous as a mouse cornered by a cat.
I'm not pointing the finger at him but he put himself out there by giving interviews to the media.

I’ve never heard of so many 5-10 minute interviews.

I have seen a lot of folks saying there’s no reason to believe she’s with someone she knows because there’s no facts to support it. Are there facts that support ANYTHING at this point?

JMO - I think it could be possible that someone she knew drove by when she was out (running, walking to her moms.. who knows) and offered her a ride. They obviously didn’t make it...

Please correct me if I am wrong and there are facts that absolutely disprove that theory.

Looking at a town map, I see Casey's General Store, a True Value Hardware store, a Classic Deli. The Deli closes at 8, Casey's is open until 11, the hardware store closes at 6. What else? Who was in town that night who might have seen Mollie, or who may have been captured on surveillance video?

IMO I don’t think he had anything to do with it. I think because of his previous charges, history and refusing to take a polygraph it is making it easier to look guilty.

Do you think maintaining the interest of random people on the internet is crucial to solving this case? Do you think the people in that region are going to lose interest in the disappearance of one of their own, ever?

No and 'lose interest'? - not completely, but interest will wane - and they keep asking for help/tips - one has to generally give to receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member