Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! Do you have a link regarding the search warrant? I don't recall reading that. It is wise for LE to get a search warrant even if someone may voluntarily allow a search just to minimize challenges with any evidence found being admissable in court. Searching the home she was staying in would be very reasonable, IMO, as she may have disappeared from there or there may be evidence of when she was last there to corroborate a timeline. Moo.

Welcome! Good question. I would imagine warrants have been used where all searches have been done. Today, the length of time is settling and it is heartbreaking.

NOT a jogger here :D

If one went out to jog,and planned on coming home and going again, would you keep your original jogging clothing on or change into fresh things?
When I run or exercise, the last thing I want to do when I get back is keep on my sweaty workout clothes. Some may be different but I feel gross leaving them on. At the very least, I'll towel myself off and change clothes if I don't have time for a full shower but typically will shower off and change into clean ones.

Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

Note the part about not accusing people who have not been named as suspects....

I was almost kidnapped. Twice. One time I was four and my mom watched me walk down the street to the neighbor's house to play with the six girls who lived there. She couldn't see me walk to the door because their garage blocked her view. But I didn't reemerge so she figured I went in.

Unbeknownst to her, I sat on the porch and thought I'd wait and they'd come home. I remember that.

After what seemed an eternity, I gave up and went to the sidewalk to walk past the four houses between mine and the girls. But there was a man in a station wagon on the street. Staring at me. He then pulled into the driveway next door, blocking me from going through on the sidewalk. He stared. Saying nothing.

I felt weird.

He then backed out and backed up the street as I walked past. He stared. He then pulled into the next driveway and stared again. Blocking the sidewalk so I couldn't go past.

He did this three times and then after reversing while staring at me as I got to the yard between my house and the neighbor's, he held up an empty candy jar and asked if wanted any candy and to get in his car.

I had a sense of dread but just stood there and couldn't move.

At the same time my mom was inside doing laundry. True story, she suddenly bolted up with fear, gasped, "Anna!" and ran out the door, finding me standing there frozen with a man in a car talking to me. She yelled at me, grabbed me, threw me inside, turned on the tv, told me to sit there, locked the door and chased the dude, in her little VW. She got his licenses nd came back home.

He was apprehended. We went to the police station and I got a lollipop. (Which I remember. That was exciting.).

My mom tells me that he had priors for molesting kids but he got away with it by saying he only asked me to lift my skirt (I guess that was okay on the 70's?) and did not try to get me in his car. So he wasn't charged.

I think he would've killed me if he got me in his car.

On another occasion when I was 11 a man approached me and two friends on the street and said he was looking for his "lost dog" and could we help him! One friend seemed about to. Me and one other knew he was a perv and screamed "run!" And we did.

Despite these experiences I actually think the stats as to successful stranger abductions are accurate and it remains quite rare!

Back when I walked to and from my elementary school in the 80's.. About 1 mile each way, I was 8 years old and I had a simular experience.. My Dad had been in prison my whole life, whom I never met, so I was raises to be cautious of a man showing up one day and trying to take me away from my mom. Along with the normal stranger-danger you teach your kids.

In the afternoon and on my way home from school... I walked past an ideling parked car on the street that had black ducttape covering the license plate... Now, it was was normal to see numerous cars parked along the street, especially parents waiting to pick-up their kids.

After I walked past the car the first time, he drove the car slowly past me, stared at me, the he would park on the next block down, on my side of the street. I would walk past him again, and the same thing would happen all the way down the street, at least 5 blocks.

The first few times I wasn't too suspecious because I thought it was a Dad looking for their kid to pick up...but I had a weird feeling since the license plate was covered and my intuition... Finally, I decided to walk up to a random house with their garage door open and I acted like I lived there.

The car sped off, he was gone, then I waited a few minutes hiding in the garage. After awhile, I decided to walk the rest of the way home with no issues. I never seen the car/man ever again and I never told anyone. I thought nobody would believe me because there was no license plate # to prove who the car belong too.

Wow- I am so glad you're okay! I grew up in a small town, too. I was about 10 years old and was roller blading with my older sister 2 miles from my house, fell and broke my arm. As my sister hurried home to get my mother, a transient man pulled up to me asked if I was okay and if I needed a ride. I shook my head no. He came by again and told me to get in the car. I started screaming and he quickly drove away. It was horrifying - but also has taught me how quickly something like this can happen. I hope Mollie is found soon.
That is horrifying and I'm glad you were ok!

Can you clarify what exactly has been debunked? Maybe I've missed something. So the black SUV that tried to abduct a jogger in Miner Missouri the day before Mollie vanished is false? Or the black SUV reportedly cruising slowly through MT's town turned out not to be true?

If the black suv was the same one then the route directly south going by WC takes you to Columbia MO. Where was the black SUB
Heavy article about possible connection between Miner, Mo. attempted abduction of jogger and MT. Miner, Missouri Jogger Video: Mollie Tibbetts Link? | Heavy.com

I also thought this and if her last ping was by WC farm that is heading south back towards MO.

I think there is a 99% chance that the perpetrator was not known. Within the first day, they would have compiled a list of everybody she knew. Within another two days, they likely cleared all those people. Not way is this case that simple, or it would have been solved by now.
Knowing someone is involved and being able to charge and convict them with her disappearance are two different things. It's also very possible that it's someone she knew but most of her friends/fam didn't know she knew and that person is currently MIA like MT.

There are many possibilities and roads that lead to it being someone she knew that LE hasn't found yet.

I wonder if someone had a crush on her, and because she was so kind, she befriended them and they took it as her wanting a romantic relationship? And then maybe something went very badly wrong when they kidnapped her.

This is what I believe also. I'd put my money on it being a REAL close friend. Got a weird feeling about those that are not to be "sleuthed".

Child abductions were a big thing in the 80s. I remember walking to school and all of us were terrified of being abducted. There are still a lot of cold cases from the 60s-80s. Harder to get information out to the public back then. Easier to abduct kids who had a bit more “free range” childhoods than our kids do today.

Glad all those sharing abduction stories are okay. I had a friend in high school who was grabbed while she was jogging in the country. The man tried to force her into his truck. She wriggled away and ran home. This was in the 80s and half a mile from her home. I believe it happens more than we realize.

Can you clarify what exactly has been debunked? Maybe I've missed something. So the black SUV that tried to abduct a jogger in Miner Missouri the day before Mollie vanished is false? Or the black SUV reportedly cruising slowly through MT's town turned out not to be true?

The Miner Missouri report is correct. It is impossible to explain the rest because it would violate TOS, but Tricia posted a thread or two back telling us to drop it. I've been looking for her post but have never had much luck figuring out how to search this site.

This is interesting information that we should consider if Investigators told him that. If nothing was disturbed in the house it had to be gun point or someone she knew well to leave so easily. Find it hard to believe she was home. Those vandals at the hardware store that night might have something to do with this. Timing seems way too suspicious especially if it’s on the same night.

Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening.

Winker declined to confirm that claim at the news conference. He said investigators have a timeline but would not confirm or deny case facts so as not to jeopardize the case.
Baseball, can you give the source for that?

Did we ever get concrete info on whether Mollie used the Snap Map feature in Snapchat? It's an online stalker's paradise.

So far, no new information regarding any social media map locators. Please limit these on all your programs for safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley