Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe no search warrant needed because WC is still on probation for his stalking convictions?

Types of Probation Search Conditions
Any time, any place. The strictest type of probation search condition requires that the probationer agree to any search at any time by a probation officer or police officer. Under this condition, the officer doesn’t need to suspect the probationer of a crime before searching.

Reasonable suspicion. Another common type of search condition requires that the probationer agree to reasonable searches at reasonable times. In this case, the officer must have “reasonable suspicion” that the probationer has committed a crime or possesses contraband (such as drugs, weapons, or stolen property).

Knowing someone is involved and being able to charge and convict them with her disappearance are two different things. It's also very possible that it's someone she knew but most of her friends/fam didn't know she knew and that person is currently MIA like MT.

There are many possibilities and roads that lead to it being someone she knew that LE hasn't found yet.

If they know who was involved, then they would have evidence. All they would have to do is go pick them up, get a search warrant, and collect up the evidence. If they don't do that, then they don't have any evidence. Which means they don't know who was involved.

Close-up of the man in Miner, Mo. Looks like heavily tatooed, muscular arm and gray goatee (with beard tie?), unless he's disguising himself.

How unlucky is it that these photos are always unclear? I hope this guy didn't ditch this vehicle after so much news coverage. Whether or not this guy is involved in the MT case or not, he needs to be caught!

just a thought - i dont believe its been confirmed (and maybe it cant be) that mollie/her brothers car was in the driveway all night.

obviously, something happened between wed night and thurs morning. could she have come to get the car when it was late/everyone was asleep to go meet someone or do something that was a secret part of her life? either:

-she safely returns home and somehow this related situation escalates by morning, resulting in her being abducted or murdered.

-our POI re-parked her car, returned the keys and wallet to the bf house to make it look like a disappearance & not leave a trail to him/the idea of mollie leaving the house besides a run. maybe he didnt even know about the run or that ppl would be able to confirm seeing her. it could seem safer to return the keys and wallet rather than hide them/ditch them somewhere and risk a search team findthem. or keep them and have a roommate/friend stumble across them.

I’m not really sure this whole “I know what happened but can’t say anything, but the rest of you are wrong” stuff is helpful to the discussion... But then I’m just a newbie here.

In light of how long it is taking to gain leads and find MT, I’m pretty sure the perp is NOT closely related or closely acquainted with her. I am almost sure this was a random act of creepy violence. I’ll be the first to come back here when the case is solved and say, “Good job you guys, I was wrong.” But until then, I’m still going with the idea of a serial killer until they actually find evidence that tells me otherwise. Plus I have some of my suspicions still remaining with WC, because I think it’s too much coincidence that her fitbit pinged near where a guy with a stalking history lives.

If they know who was involved, then they would have evidence. All they would have to do is go pick them up, get a search warrant, and collect up the evidence. If they don't do that, then they don't have any evidence. Which means they don't know who was involved.

Unless they don't know where to pick them up - they could gave fled the area - right?

The article was from a newspaper, it can be read here:
Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

The quote is "On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé."
We don't know for sure but my guess would be that LE wanted their to be the maximum legal coverage for their search and this is obtained by the warrant vs. voluntary search as the belief might have been that there was critical evidence to be obtained. Its also possible that the owners of the house requested a search warrant for entry. At this point due to the lack of info on the overall situation its hard to read too much into the situation at the house where she lived IMO.

I’m not really sure this whole “I know what happened but can’t say anything, but the rest of you are wrong” stuff is helpful to the discussion... But then I’m just a newbie here.

In light of how long it is taking to gain leads and find MT, I’m pretty sure the perp is NOT closely related or closely acquainted with her. I am almost sure this was a random act of creepy violence. I’ll be the first to come back here when the case is solved and say, “Good job you guys, I was wrong.” But until then, I’m still going with the idea of a serial killer until they actually find evidence that tells me otherwise. Plus I have some of my suspicions still remaining with WC, because I think it’s too much coincidence that her fitbit pinged near where a guy with a stalking history lives.

Agreed - it seems childish - as in - I know something you don't - or - that's for me to know and you to find out!

How unlucky is it that these photos are always unclear? I hope this guy didn't ditch this vehicle after so much news coverage. Whether or not this guy is involved in the MT case or not, he needs to be caught!

Is there a link?

An 18 y/o female reports being followed while driving near Marshalltown Ia. She is from Melbourne Iowa, about 50 miles from Brooklyn.

Maybe nothing...

Young woman says she was followed while driving

There was a virtually identical story shared on SM over the weekend around Brooklyn but I have to check the police logs to see if it was documented (if it was I will post link). I don't understand why people talk about harrowing experiences on social media and then don't report them to LE? Maybe its because they have a better shot at getting a response quickly if they blast out an SOS to all their local followers? DK but its scary to think that police attention could be an hr or more away if you lived in Brooklyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get