Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have some information, and I think we can build on that. Tempting as it may be come up with scenarios that are not related to what we know, if we ensure that we include what we know in any scenario, we might figure out what really happened faster.

We know that:
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
Please feel free to add to this list of what we do know.
Does anyone know the times that she was seen at the running locations and what time she was seen running on E 2nd Towards Casey’s?

Wow! Great insight. Thanks for sharing.
I agree...it can’t hurt at this point it seems like a lead...but then again we don’t know what they know except they have not found her.

I completely agree with you. I’m simply trying to fit her going on her jog, her apparently returning home, and the reason for her apparently remaining in her jogging clothes. If all of these things are true, then she might have planned on going to her mom’s house to perhaps pick up the car.
That's what I am thinking is a possibility as well. She may not have brought her drivers license just to go that short distance. I don't bring mine when I drive a mile to take my daughter to the bus stop. I can see her either forgetting or just not bothering, as she was only going a short distance with the car

Opinion - I believe Mollie was on her way to her Mom's to eat and take the car back to her place after eating. I believe she was taken either willingly or unwillingly in the High School area.
That is part of one of my many (many) theories as well. My thinking was the turn around there. It would be easy to abduct and turn around there. I also think there might be another turn around further down the road. There are also no sidewalks along the road there. She would be somewhat more vulnerable on that stretch if that was her route.

LE has been extremely cagey in their comments re: the timeline. Like you, IMO the most likely scenario is that she went missing during the jog. If LE ever comes out and confirms any evidence of her having made it home from the job, e.g., that her laptop was being used by someone after 8 pm that night, that her phone pinged at the house location after 8 pm, etc., then I'll quickly change my tune.
Yeah, I agree. That’s obviously a major element of any working theory, if she returned or not.

Because the person I suspect took Mollie would be familiar with, comfortable with, and raise no eyebrows by being in that area, in or out of a motor vehicle, at most times of the day and even the night sometimes. This person is my own researched hunch and odds are great that I am wrong..... I hope this all ends soon for Mollie's folks.
Would the "motor vehicle" be one connected to that person's profession?

I agree...it can’t hurt at this point it seems like a lead...but then again we don’t know what they know except they have not found her.

It is interesting. Would she have gone by the hardware store on the way to her mom's? Could the damage to the door ( shattered glass in lower R hand corner) be from a struggle with Mollie's abductor? Are there any cameras near there? I wish I could ask that question at the presser!

When LE gets a data dump from the cell towers, as they typically do, and say the abductor(s) also has a cell phone, the LE can match pings triangulated to MTs last known location with any pings from any phones in the same near vicinity at the same time. This is possible by a method of what amounts to reverse triangulation. For instance, you could use the records to find find all phones with a certain ping speed, given phone and carrier and with a margin of error, that would match MT’s last pinged location to a particular tower. You would then do this for two more towers. You then combine the data of all the sources, look for the appropriate overlap, and see what phones match. Even given a margin of error, it would give you a reasonable list of phones to isolate. Of course, somebody could be using a burner phone or a stolen phone.

Everything done through the towers is logged so, for example, LE could do a regression analysis to find phones that are not usually in the area based on the numbers they find in their investigation, which could indicate some outsider suspect. With a town of 1500, it would not be too difficult to isolate a small pool of people of interest this way.

Q.E.D., thank you for this post! I have wondered about this exact sort of "reverse search" capability...it is good to know that it appears it might be feasible to determine whether any other phones were mirroring MT's phone movements that evening.

I agree with you 100% being he violated restraining orders goes towards disregarding a court order breaking the law. He shows a pattern with women. This is not a good character.
I agree. These women appeared stricken and afraid thus the successful cases. It does not mean he is guilty but he was inte
There is zero verified evidence that she returned. Only hearsay. At least so far. LE has kept that under its cap.
We looked at this a few days ago. They would work multiple possibilities; however, the Father made a statement in a scenario of "when you went into the house...". A neighbor in July also provided a statement that he saw her pass his house. We have discussed all types of scenarios. It is not hearsay, it just working different scenarios.

i am surprised LE has not focused more on the vandalism that happened at the hardware store around the time she went missing. that town is so small that i'm sure any type of crime reported there would be few and far between. it's even more alarming because Mollie went missing the same night (supposedly).

i've spoken about this before in one of the earlier threads, but i live in a small town in Illinois not much bigger than Brooklyn. this case somewhat reminds me of something that happened in my town a while ago. when i was a kid in 2002/2003, a young girl was kidnapped from her home in the middle of the night, sexually assaulted, killed and then dumped in the forest preserve right outside of our town. they found her body that day. her father was the only suspect our police had and coerced him into confessing by interrogating him for days and telling him that he did it. there was no evidence that he did. LE never found out who actually killed her until around 2011. a house in the young girl's neighborhood was burglarized the same night of her kidnapping. the police NEVER looked into it. the man who killed her was the burglar. there are threads about this case on here actually, and before they found who did it i saw that some posters actually wondered why they weren't investigating the burglary that happened in the neighborhood. this goes to show that some of our theories could actually have some truth to them.

i'm not saying that the vandalism at the hardware store and Mollie's disappearance are connected. but i think LE definitely needs to look into that (and for all we know they could have already). a lot of cases are much more simpler than they seem. if they could identify the vandals, they could have potentially seen something going on around the area while they were vandalizing the store.

just sharing some info that might be interesting to you all! hope Friday's PC has some more details than what we already know, and i hope Mollie comes home soon.
I hadn’t thought of this at all before...but if one small item was taken from the hardware store that would have been used to kidnap MT...something they didn’t want as proof on credit card or paying cash for it...

Because the person I suspect took Mollie would be familiar with, comfortable with, and raise no eyebrows by being in that area, in or out of a motor vehicle, at most times of the day and even the night sometimes. This person is my own researched hunch and odds are great that I am wrong..... I hope this all ends soon for Mollie's folks.

Very specific location though. And you do not say why you specify that location. I would think any place in Brooklyn is likely to not raise much suspicion unless there is a nuke there. :)

Here is why I ask: This drone from Fox, who might not know a dang thing, shows a totally different route. It shows a very rural route for jogging.
Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance thrusts Brooklyn, Iowa into spotlight

Your hypothesis is 180 from the drone. And I bet you know the area far better than Fox.

Someone mentioned that maybe they have a suspect, but the suspect has fled. If that were the case, I would think they would hold a press conference, asking the public for help finding the person -- even if they describe the person only as a "potential witness" who they'd like to talk with.

As for who did it? For now, I'm betting on it being someone on the outer edge of her circle. Maybe a store clerk who saw her a few times and maybe even chatted with her, or a classmate, a casual acquaintance. Someone she had incidental contact with -- the contact didn't mean much to her, at least not enough for her to mention it to her inner circle, but for the other person, it was mistakenly taken as something more.

I'm not buying into:
  • Suicide
  • Run off and start new life
  • Secret boyfriend
  • Pig farmer
I'm not ruling out abduction by stranger. I stand by my statement that such abductions of adults are extremely rare. But in this case, it's a possibility because there is so much that doesn't make sense. The level of FBI involvement also supports this.

We can assume, by the way, that if it happened at the house, this was not a robbery-gone-bad or a typical sexual assault or killing. If it were, why remove her (or her body)?

If it happened while jogging, that's a whole other story. She or her body could be anywhere.
In regards to her or her body being anywhere I hope and pray that that town is searched thoroughly. A female from around my way was abducted in her car which was found 5 months later in an apartment complex with her body inside. The location of the apartment was less than a mile from her house where she was taken from.

I also tend to agree with those who think she went missing on her run/going to Mom's house.

And I personally don't think it matters if it was dark or not. I had posted a few threads ago about Kelsey Smith who was ambushed and shoved in her car in broad daylight in a busy Target parking lot and no one saw a thing. CCTV is the only thing that helped them solve the case because there were no witnesses (or at least none that came forward). I do think it's 100% possible even in broad daylight in a neighborhood that someone could be ambushed, pushed in a vehicle, and gone within a matter of seconds and no one sees a thing. People would have to be looking out their windows at precisely the right moment to see something. The perp would likely wait until no cars were around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz