Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids looked small, they could have been scared by police walking through their home and the dad wanted them both out of the way of the police and the kids to not see the police walking through.
Also if people have had much dealing with LE they see shows where police come in and throw things around and think that's how a search is conducted.

That makes me wonder whether he’s remembering a different night. He said he saw her run by there regularly. Clothes don’t match other reports.

Given that she jogged regularly I'd take all reports made after Thursday with a grain of salt unless tied to something that firmly establishes the date, such as seeing her upon returning from a meeting on a certain night.

The kids across the street from me are always running down the block to their grandma's house, but I couldn't tell you what kid I saw making the trip on which night or at what time without some event to tie it to.

His comments struck me as odd... Why did he put his daughters in the bathroom? Does he distrust police? Was he unsure if they were real law enforcement? Who did the walk thru - FBI or local officers?

Here is the part of the article I am referring to:

DR said he was hesitant to come forward at first but decided to when he saw her family's pleas for help. It wasn't long before investigators showed up to his home, asking for "a walk through, or search,” he said.

"It was pretty terrifying at the beginning because I didn't know what was going on," he said. "I panicked and I put my girls in the bathroom, but they were really polite ... just did the walk through and were out in like 10 to 15 minutes."

Man fears he was last person to see missing college student

<mod added link>
I would assume he didn’t want his daughters to be frightened or more upset and he didn’t know how intensive the search would be. The daughters may be quite young and also he might not have wanted them to get in the way if the house is small.

I heard on the GMA report that he saw her around 8PM. Where is 9 PM coming from?
I doubt she would go jogging at 9PM when it’s getting dark.....are there any lights on those roads?

The transcript of the report on the website says 9. And yes, even small towns have streetlights.

HEY guys and gals, we're making Harmony work overtime. Remember to change full names of all people, except Mollie, to initials. Even if you're copying and pasting a post from MSM. I made the same mistake myself and she's had to edit two of my posts today.

Thanks! yes please as much as possible... there will be some that sneak through and that is ok.

I will be bumping up post #4 occasionally throughout the thread for new members joining in. Feel free to bump it up when necessary.

Posting this again because it was at the end of the last thread:
Brother of Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend says no sign of struggle at home; she 'would have done something'

I am sure LE was aware of this already. What I don’t understand is why it took 3 weeks for the MSM to be made aware of this / report on it.

Just noting this for everyone who has asked about search dogs:

From the article, BBM:

BJ, 23, told Fox News that it is impossible to know if she ever returned to the home after her run. Investigators and scent dogs were at the property “a bunch of times” and her phone and Fitbit were missing.

His comments struck me as odd... Why did he put his daughters in the bathroom? Does he distrust police? Was he unsure if they were real law enforcement? Who did the walk thru - FBI or local officers?

Here is the part of the article I am referring to:

DR said he was hesitant to come forward at first but decided to when he saw her family's pleas for help. It wasn't long before investigators showed up to his home, asking for "a walk through, or search,” he said.

"It was pretty terrifying at the beginning because I didn't know what was going on," he said. "I panicked and I put my girls in the bathroom, but they were really polite ... just did the walk through and were out in like 10 to 15 minutes."

<mod added link>

Maybe just so that they didn't see big scary police men and get scared themselves. He did say he panicked himself?

There was a thoughtful post last night looking at how and where she could have been taken and the conclusion was that she may have been on the outskirts of town closer to some fields and in the direction closer to I80 and that made sense to me. But the 8:00 sighting and snap chat thing are a puzzle to me.

I really think LE is still looking for a direction.

I feel LE is working on a specific "direction". Being that was my previous career. For reasons I have mentioned earlier, they do not publicly divulge info, unless that would aid their investigation.
I am hopeful that tomorrow's press conference, will shed some light on LE's activities. They have kept this "close to the vest. I believe this is because of a
Sensitive nature to their investigation, and not from ...having no clue...so to speak.

Why would he put his daughters in the bathroom? That already doesn't make sense. First of all, Police search all rooms when they search a house, so they are going to go into the bathroom.

Second of all, why would you put your kids in there in the first place? That makes no sense...the police are to be trusted, and you are teaching the kids to be afraid of them? (Not saying LE should be blindly trusted but come on).

That is really really odd.

I posted here about the sighting by this guy just hitting the news now, days ago as I queried what had become of it as he posted on the Sheriff's fb over two weeks ago, and the description fitted her, and importantly, would put a later time to the previous 7.30 sighting.

Molly M I think this would be more accurate than the media report. DR wrote this to the Sheriff ‘s office himself. He puts the time between 8:30 and 9:30.

Why would he put his daughters in the bathroom? That already doesn't make sense. First of all, Police search all rooms when they search a house, so they are going to go into the bathroom.

Second of all, why would you put your kids in there in the first place? That makes no sense...the police are to be trusted, and you are teaching the kids to be afraid of them? (Not saying LE should be blindly trusted but come on).

That is really really odd.

Odd yes - but to me - a byproduct of the "fight or flight" options when faced with something that startles a person.

It sounds like the 9:45 time referenced by LE to the mother is still possibly the most critical time, with the 8:00 jogging time a continuation of the jog she was on when the other neighbor saw her at 7:30. If the snapchat was sent at the 9:45 time, then she made it home or somewhere else. And presumably it was home.
The sighting location is a mile from where she was staying so she had been running for at least 20 mins, which would be half of her normal run, so she should have reached her destination by at least 8:30-8:45.

HEY guys and gals, we're making Harmony work overtime. Remember to change full names of all people, except Mollie, to initials. Even if you're copying and pasting a post from MSM. I made the same mistake myself and she's had to edit two of my posts today.

Actually this ties into something I was thinking about.

We haven't heard anything new recently. We don't have a named suspect or POI, we don't have new evidence. I've skimmed the 50+ page threads and it seems like we are just going around in circles, talking about a lot of the same things that we've already discussed. There's not much "sleuthing" going on in this thread, and I don't think there will until something new comes up, either at the press conference, due to good journalism, police/FBI activity, whatever.

Perhaps it is time to give Harmony (and Tricia!) a bit of a break and close the discussion until we have something new to talk about. I wouldn't ordinarily suggest this but the speed at which this thread is going - and the number of edits the mods have to do because real names get listed or unrelated things (like the black SUV) are mentioned, means an incredible amount of work for them, to the point where the thread is closed every night just so they can get some sleep.

Maybe some of our eyeballs and minds can be used for the many other missing persons cases on this site, the ones that aren't getting featured on the nightly news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname