Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume he didn’t want his daughters to be frightened or more upset and he didn’t know how intensive the search would be. The daughters may be quite young and also he might not have wanted them to get in the way if the house is small.
Makes sense to me. So much of what is in movies and on tv about houses being searched looks quite frightening and violent and with disregard to homeowners. His house looked in good repair and he might have been fearful of the place being ripped up and his kids not understanding what was going on. Guy didn't want his kids exposed to that.

If the 2nd witness sighting is accurate, this route would not put Mollie past his home. He lives near E. 2nd St and Williams St.

She may have done loops to get more distance in. I've done this as I do note like to venture away from town.. This is a small town. We really can only guess at what route she took.

With today’s info, i think it’s extremely likely she was taken while jogging after 8, on outskirts of town. Doubt someone was stalking her. Looks like crime of opportunity. Whether a local or not, that is the question. Most likely yes as it would have been impulsive. Likely dumped in deep river area where search happened. Anyone’s guess as to who it would have been

I just don't take eyewitness testimony as reliable at all, although I agree with your scenario as one of the possibilities.

Mollie Tibbetts search: Farmer who has repeatedly been questioned admits to taking polygraph test

Wayne Cheney, who at times has appeared guarded in media interviews, said authorities did question him about Tibbetts during the polygraph and asked if he has anything to do with her disappearance.

But Cheney once again said to Fox News on Thursday he has nothing to do with her disappearance and that “some guy probably has her.”

Cheney added he doesn’t know the results of his Tuesday lie detector test. He has not been publicly named as a suspect or person of interest in the case, has not been charged with a crime and said he “has nothing to hide.”

He also initially refused to take the test, according to reports.

During an interview with Fox News late last week, Cheney said he would allow the FBI to search his entire property; he expressed confidence the bureau wouldn't find anything. So far, he said, the FBI has searched his home, some of his property and his cellphone.

He also told Fox News he has never seen Tibbetts before, because he doesn't venture into Brooklyn, Iowa, where she was staying, several miles from his home.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09/mollie-tibbetts-search-farmer-who-has-repeatedly-been-questioned-admits-to-taking-polygraph-test.html
What I would like to know is if LE asked him if his vehicle has Onstar or something similar and if he would allow them to obtain records for that.

Why would she choose to run along the highway (near the school) when there's a perfectly good running path closer to her mother's house?
and if this was her route, who hangs out in that high school area in the evenings? Do kids drink there? Do drug deals go down there?

I think this is a solid idea but I'm not sure there is much consensus around any particular timeline. It seems like todays 'witness' just made it harder to figure out the timeline IMO. Having a timeline is fairly basic and we don't seem to be anywere even on that piece of the puzzle.

With today’s info, i think it’s extremely likely she was taken while jogging after 8, on outskirts of town. Doubt someone was stalking her. Looks like crime of opportunity. Whether a local or not, that is the question. Most likely yes as it would have been impulsive. Likely dumped in deep river area where search happened. Anyone’s guess as to who it would have been

Unfortunately, this is what happened -- again.

What I would like to know is if LE asked him if his vehicle has Onstar or something similar and if he would allow them to obtain records for that.

And then the question is - who - if anyone - hangs out at the high school when it is not in s

and if this was her route, who hangs out in that high school area in the evenings? Do kids drink there? Do drug deals go down there?

I highly doubt that WC's vehicle would have Onstar... MOO

Google Maps

What her run route might have looked like if going to her mothers instead of coming home. 2.6 mile run.

- This map doesn't take into account that RT saw her somewhere near Des Moines and Jackson and doesn't know if she went north or south.

Sure would be nice to know which direction she was running on West Pershing (though I've seen reports of "towards the funeral home" which would be west but can't find any MSM that reflects that detail), walking on Des Moines/Jackson, etc.

<mod changed full name to initials>

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting news today regarding the polygraph exam of WC. LE said on Tuesday that they would provide updates regarding the investigative response at Friday's PC. The biggest thing I want to know is why LE is searching a farm southeast of town when MT was last seen jogging in town. We know there's a specific reason. What is it?

From Oakland to Iowa, Mollie Tibbetts' family relies on two communities and clings to hope

surely this has been posted...but re-read it...and re-read between the lines.

What is between the lines? I have to subscribe to access it but I don't want to deal with all that for one article! (I probably should. The only way they're making money these days).

I agree, I would tell LE also. I think though that some people have wondered why women in town haven't been talking to the media... which I can totally relate to. Honestly, I don't think I would give media interviews either.

I don't understand why these dudes are talking to the media at all. Talk to LE. Everyone interviewed by the media in this case has immediately opened themselves up to scrutiny and allegations.

Personally I think everyone should be chipped at birth. We’re practically chipped anyways with our phones and fitbits now. I know , I know this opens a whole can of worms regarding privacy.

I don't want the government to be able to track me. We should have a right to anonymity.

Whenever I receive a pic from someone, I always look at the background and surroundings before I even look at them. I know what they look like, but I’m curious where they are taking the pic. The bf should know where the pic was taken.

Yeah but that's you. One person. Most young men don't pay attention to details like that. Especially in this era where kids exchange hundreds of texts as snaps and Instagram posts per day. And this particular kid wasn't into social media.

I think he got the impression of lamplight and interior walls but mostly just saw her face.

I keep thinking the most logical thing is she got grabbed while jogging (everything that was missing points to that) but really a lot of stuff points to her having made it home. Like a snap that maybe been sent later. And the fact that people say she didn't jog after dark. Ever.

And unconfirmed statements that she made it home safely and was doing homework.

The fact that he didn't see the snap until 10 indicates to me that it may have been sent later, as well as his statements that he knew it was taken inside. He would know if it was daylight in the photo.

Ok this is something I've been thinking about but refrained from posting because the thought of it is so awful but the whole "Pig Farm" issue and why they may have searched several times. I live in Kansas City and a while back a child went missing and it was later determined with no physical evidence as I can recall that the mother … this is so awful to write - she fed the child to the pigs which apparently will eat anything. Here is link to the story. Moderators, if this is too gross feel free to take it down, but it makes some things make sense to me. Hope to God it isn’t true, but people can be truly evil. Boy, 7, was tortured to death and fed to pigs. State agencies failed him, says lawsuit.

Welcome!

I want to point out to all those who think that pigs leave nothing behind, poor little Adrian Jones' remains were found.

What does everyone think about the presser tomorrow? Are we going to get some real evidence? Are we just going to get another “winker” and a nod?

My bet is nothing substantive will be given. But maybe something new that's minor.

I think people with issues with anxiety might be nervous in such a situation. If FBI knocked on my door I think I would be startled. He may just be a nervous person in general, in fact that's what it sounds like to me.
He should be nervous he’s a convicted stalker. He has a pattern even if a wife, girlfriends, ex girlfriends or someone he’s attracted to it’s a pattern it didn’t just happen one time he has multiple stalking convictions. I don’t understand why people here are just lightly treading over this. I think this is a big deal that and this is where Fitbit data (in the cloud) shows Mollies last location. Last night on CNN was reported he’s now been interviewed 5x. An LE officer guest on HLN show yesterday said WC getting more suspicious as time goes on.

Interesting news today regarding the polygraph exam of WC. LE said on Tuesday that they would provide updates regarding the investigative response at Friday's PC. The biggest thing I want to know is why LE is searching a farm southeast of town when MT was last seen jogging in town. We know there's a specific reason. What is it?

I think it's easy enough to guess, but I wouldn't expect LE to confirm. More than likely a digital device was last traced to that area. MOO

Let’s not rule out the vandals and burglar that was was in town for two days in a row here. 1,500 people in that town and they were up to no good for possibly two days in a row and both happened at night. Were they trying to get into the hardware store for bleach, shovels, or whatever. We simply don’t know but it’s super odd those two days happened time she disappeared. Who are these people and have they been found

Does anyone know how long it takes to drain one of those typical bogs found on those farms?

But she sent a snap not a chat, a snap doesn't use your camera roll, iti uses a pic you take at that moment then it disappears.
this has not been confirmed as far as ik. if LE or MSM has distinguished the type of photo sent (from the camera roll or not) and which mollie has sent, please let me know bc that does make a difference. but the only wording i see is similar to the article below - such as sent a snapchat which reads as simply using the app, not the type of photo.

What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member