Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt DISAGREE with you more.

Being a LE employee, for over 30 years.
I have made several posts defending the intregity of the on-going investigation.

It is not amateurish, IMO. You have to
Have knowledge of crime investigation, and standard procedures, to understand.

Disturbing to me, that so many people, on this site, "liked" this comment. I doubt the person posting this, has any professional investigative experience?

To form such a conclusion, about the quality of this investigation, is baseless, IMO.

**** Some people on this thread, have lost the focus of this investigation. Hopefully, finding MT alive. Taking "cheap shots", at LE, is misguided at best.

I base my opinions on fact, and not mere speculation.

I have made several posts defending the intregity of the on-going investigation.

Disturbing to me, that so many people, on this site, "liked" this comment. I doubt the person posting this, has any professional investigative experience?

To form such a conclusion, about the quality of this investigation, is baseless, IMO.

**** Some people on this thread, have lost the focus of this investigation. Hopefully, finding MT alive. Taking "cheap shots", at LE, is misguided at best.

What post are you talking about? I must’ve missed it trying to find that interview with the family?

I can speak for myself only and as a resident of a neighboring community that is really abuzz. I see a slight increase in caution, but not much. Solo joggers still run by my house every night. Kids are out all over town until dark. My own 11 year old slept in a tent in the back yard last night - but her dog slept in the tent with her. We want to know what happened and who is responsible, but we’re not going to let our fears become our reality.

This is indeed a balance that has to be addressed. Not living in fear, yet being cautious and still being able to do the things you enjoy. I have struggled and still struggle with achieving this balance. Every day.

Can I go hiking in the mountains alone anymore? Can I go to the creek alone? No....can I....

TMI, and if someone has PTSD like I do as a result of something reaaaalllly bad happening close to you, it makes it even more difficult.

Last edited:
Not a big point, but I think it is the other way around. The fancy people out east have breakfast (then change to afternoon clothes) lunch, (then change to evening clothes) dinner.

In Iowa it is breakfast, dinner, supper.

It was explained this way: traditionally 'dinner' is the largest meal. Midwestern farmers would have a larger meal at noon, and a smaller meal in the evening -- thus supper.

IDK. I eat like a pig no matter what.
Here in the East we usually have breakfast, lunch, and then dinner. Clothing change optional and usually only if necessary.

I found it. The impression I got from what he said about the AC wasn’t that it was temporarily broken but that it never really worked well in her room, so the stayed with Dalton instead. I guess it’s up to interpretation of whether or not she was mainly looking bing with him or not.
13Raw: Tibbetts Family Keeping Hope Alive That Mollie Will Come Home Safe

Thanks Parks. From all I have read, it sounds to me like she was living at school during the school year and then had come home for the summer to be near family and DJ. And was living with Mom but staying with him occasionally also. You are correct in that it could be interpreted either way. In the end, it doesn't matter because they just want Mollie to be alive and well. Since we haven't heard from her family for a couple of days, I am wondering if they found her and know/arrested the perp and are giving family time alone until Monday to deal with what will be a craziness of news.

They never have in the Faith Hedgepeth case, although they have thrown out some crumbs. But even most of that was done long after most witnesses’ memories would be clear from the time she was murdered. And, too, many potential witnesses may have been in college and thus do not even live here in the area any longer. Sigh.

The longer this goes on, the more I think they’ve got nothing in Mollie’s case
You're right about poor Faith -- solving that one looks less & less likely as each day passes. We not nearly there with Mollie, but IMO the more time that passes with nothing indicates to me a stranger abduction. MOO.

BTW, if anyone is interested Iowa has some interesting places. It's not depressing, too much.

Dubuque is revitalized. Across the Miss from Galena.
Des Moines is a city growing and renewing itself.
Waterloo has a great Irish Fest.
There are Indian Mounds up NE.
Grant Wood country near Cedar Rapids
Pella has Tulipfest etc etc

Hi everyone! I have been following this thread since the beginning, but this is my first time posting. I just noticed that the first post in every thread by @cybervampira mentions that Mollie's last sighting was on 7/19/18 (full wording below). Was this from an earlier report that has been disproven? I just wasn't sure why this information keeps getting posted when her last known sighting was on 7/18/18 around 7:30pm?

"MISSING PERSON. 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts is missing. Last seen on 7/19/18 possibly wearing denim shorts and a red t shirt. Last seen in Brooklyn. If you have any information please call 641 623-5679."

LE has denied that there is an immediate risk to the community. If there were a heightened risk would they not be obligated to tell the community that? And when asked directly in that first LE press conference, he hesitated slightly then answered no. Not “we don’t know”, he denied it.

Agree. And the political jabs are also unnecessary and unhelpful to finding Mollie. Nothing this far that is publicly known warrants criticism of FBI or LE investigating. 3 + weeks is a long time to her family and friends but in reality, very early in the average missing persons case. JMO

One would assume that LE has interviewed the wind farm construction HR to check for workforce absences, recent resignations or firings, medical leaves, or atypical behaviors. Maybe they have batched some criminal histories. No accusations here of any sort, this is just solid routine baseline SOP. Per the attached 2017 county hosted map, seems some of that project's eastern boundary could overlay part of the search area. Don't know where on the map any construction is underway or how large the workforce is. Leaving that for the locals to fill in. Doubting the few bed and breakfasts around Montezuma could accommodate the crews unless crews are primarily local and not transient. (FWW - I like construction workers, my son is a union steamfitter.) Map is posted as a resource, nothing more.

http://poweshiekcounty.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/5-Figure-3-Wind-Turbine-Overview-C.pdf

How many guys are on that project?

If you were out on an exercise run that you replicate multiple times a week, why would you want a ride?

Exactly. I also do not think she returned home after her run, nor that it was someone she knew especially well (and just waited for this opportunity). I do believe was on her way to her Mom's for dinner/car and was snatched before she made it there.

Reactions: BUF
I’m going to go on a couple rants today so please bear with me... and first I’d like to address us.

I follow Facebook groups and Reddit, I don’t mind that much of it’s absolute garbage because I know that up front. But seriously, this is getting out of hand and I think some introspection would be appropriate at this point.

My tipping point came yesterday when the story broke about possibly the last person to see Mollie jogging. I don’t know why this came to a head yesterday, he reported that weeks ago. But now this guy is being treated with suspicion? His daughters hide in the house terrified while reporters pound on his door? People are digging as much dirt as they can and treating him with suspicion? What?

Brooklyn is a very nice little community. It’s safe, friendly and a great place to raise a family. Even if something terrible did happen to Mollie it’s disgusting how her friends, family and community are being torn apart by baseless accusations. These people are hurting, they care about Mollie more than you do. Please, show them respect and curtesy. Respect their privacy. Stand with this community. We’re better than this.

My son recently graduated college. He would download his college books (cheaper) and assignments into his PC which was shared in the cloud with all his mobile devices. He could be at a friends and still do homework from his iphone. Why does Mollie have to be at home to do her schoolwork from her Mac? Apple has a great system sharing to all your Apple devices through iCloud and handoff. Start something on one device and pickup where you left off on another.

LE has denied that there is an immediate risk to the community. If there were a heightened risk would they not be obligated to tell the community that? And when asked directly in that first LE press conference, he hesitated slightly then answered no. Not “we don’t know”, he denied it.
Not arguing with you, but it's been three weeks and no arrest. How can he say that? What might be a possible explanation?

Thanks Parks. From all I have read, it sounds to me like she was living at school during the school year and then had come home for the summer to be near family and DJ. And was living with Mom but staying with him occasionally also. You are correct in that it could be interpreted either way. In the end, it doesn't matter because they just want Mollie to be alive and well. Since we haven't heard from her family for a couple of days, I am wondering if they found her and know/arrested the perp and are giving family time alone until Monday to deal with what will be a craziness of news.
You’re right, it doesn’t really matter who she was living with. I was just hoping someone had access to her Apple password and could use it to find her phone. In the interview, mom said she was under the impression that you couldn’t find a phone once it was dead, but my link earlier, that started our conversation proved otherwise. I’m sure LE looked into it if it were possible. I’m hoping Monday brings some news as well. Although the odds are against it, it would make my year if she made it home safely.

Listen to the audio: Man fears he was last person to see missing college student

"Jogged down the street and up the hill..."

What hill? Maybe he was talking on and on or fuzzy memory?

But, I thought someone said she was spied from inside a house looking out a window. So one would not see anyone jogging for any distance. Was it someone else who reported her sighting?

And why would authorities search the house of a 'observer'. That's odd. Might discourage people from phoning in.

Prolly nothing....

(“Up the hill...”, “down the hill...”, “up the hill...”, “down the hill...”...
guess its time to away for a second here and regroup. More PTSD obviously...

(Audio links for reference to newbies of the reminder I’m speaking of:
ABIGAIL WILLIAMS — FBI )
LIBERTY GERMAN )

-I’m NOT saying there’s a relation here, just demonstrating how victims (and perps) are not forgotten here. And how these things really stick with ya as far as memories suddenly being triggered by just a couple words...uggghhh just listened to that audio again on the above FBI links :(...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member