Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we don't know what Mollie's relationship with the dogs was like. Glancing at her 'gram, Mollie back in 2015 would post pics with her own personal pooch sitting next to her while she worked, etc. I assume that was/is the family pet at her mom's house and not among the dogs in her BF's basement (which someone might've said were Labs? Dunno).

I don't see any pics of dogs since the 2015 pics. And it's like mandatory on social media that people post up pictures of their pets. Mollie didn't run with the dogs.

Maybe the dogs at her BF's were a handful/not well-trained or just not to Mollie's liking. If she's putting them in the basement just to go running (if that's the case), maybe the basement was the dogs regular hangout and Mollie was fine with that.

Of the two dogs, one was a brown boxer pitbull mix that looked more boxer with a big toothy head, and the other was a white lab pitbull mix, that kinda looked like a big slender hound, not a dog you would care to have to run away from. Both were pretty good sized, from the MSM picture (no I don't have a citation, nor do I know how to post one), showing them with the brother and fiance. The brother said that the lab mix would have something to say if things went south with MT. Neither looked like a dog I would be comfortable teasing at the end of his chain with a piece of bacon. Which, by the way, a kid in my neighborhood did with my black Lab mix. When the chain broke, my dog chased the teen down the street and tree'ed him. I ran out as soon as I heard the barking, and saw that the kid was wrapped around a branch, pulling his butt up every time the dog would jump up, attempting a bite. It was all I could do to pull the dog off, as I was laughing so hard, as the older lady across the street was yelling "I told you not to tease that dog!" And no adolescents or dogs were hurt in the making of this tale!

And we don't know what Mollie's relationship with the dogs was like. Glancing at her 'gram, Mollie back in 2015 would post pics with her own personal pooch sitting next to her while she worked, etc. I assume that was/is the family pet at her mom's house and not among the dogs in her BF's basement (which someone might've said were Labs? Dunno).

I don't see any pics of dogs since the 2015 pics. And it's like mandatory on social media that people post up pictures of their pets. Mollie didn't run with the dogs.

Maybe the dogs at her BF's were a handful/not well-trained or just not to Mollie's liking. If she's putting them in the basement just to go running (if that's the case), maybe the basement was the dogs regular hangout and Mollie was fine with that.

Of the two dogs, one was a brown boxer pitbull mix that looked more boxer with a big toothy head, and the other was a white lab pitbull mix, that kinda looked like a big slender hound, not a dog you would care to have to run away from. Both were pretty good sized, from the MSM picture (no I don't have a citation, nor do I know how to post one), showing them with the brother and fiance. The brother said that the lab mix would have something to say if things went south with MT. Neither looked like a dog I would be comfortable teasing at the end of his chain with a piece of bacon. Which, by the way, a kid in my neighborhood did with my black Lab mix. When the chain broke, my dog chased the teen down the street and tree'ed him. I ran out as soon as I heard the barking, and saw that the kid was wrapped around a branch, pulling his butt up every time the dog would jump up, attempting a bite. It was all I could do to pull the dog off, as I was laughing so hard, as the older lady across the street was yelling "I told you not to tease that dog!" And no adolescents or dogs were hurt in the making of this tale!

Can an attorney approach LE and make a proffer of information without disclosing the underlying client?

Fraud must be the most difficult area of litigation, whether civil or criminal. Someone perpetuating fraud has been working from the get-go to conceal their activity and getting better at it as they go. Might be why I've heard that some statutes of limitations can be abrogated in cases alleging fraud.

You definitely can if you have a whistleblower. Many people (reasonably) wouldn't want to risk their livelihoods without some assurance or understanding that they have valuable information and that what they say will remain anonymous. Depending on the issue though there's a risk they could eventually be called as a material witness and then they can be compelled to testify (and even arrested).

You also can have cases where the company itself discovers the fraud and reports it to its regulators or DOJ and then you jointly investigate to find out who in the company is responsible.

And yeah the general federal statute of limitations for fraud is 7 years but it starts at the discovery of the fraud, or when a reasonable plaintiff should have discovered a fraud. Fraud involving financial institutions has a 10 year statute of limitations under FIRREA. Some of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever made have been that a fraud was so obvious everyone knew and the government should have known years ago so they're barred by the statute of limitations. We had to try! (It didn't work)

Reactions: dms
ARRRRGH...darn fat fingers !.......delete.
(I know what you mean. My fingers feel soooo fat in these threads, hence my above post lol)

Looking forward to the PC tomorrow. Do we have links we can bookmark yet for the live stream? Tia! (That way we can try to minimize the whole “omg do you have a link” dance...).

Yes, but unless they thought she ran away, that wouldn't matter. If you think someone's been abducted, where they have extended family wouldn't matter unless you think someone from that extended family committed the abduction. There didn't seem to be any indication that they thought she had run away so that never made much sense to me.

It was early on. And when LE has spoken, I had the impression they were open to her leaving on her own. They asked if anyone knew “why” she was missing both times they spoke. Very weird question.

So I don't think it's odd at all for DJ to say he doesn't really remember what was in the snap - it was likely one of thousands he received from Mollie, and he expected to receive thousands more.

This!!!! Absolutely. I said this in an earlier post that he more then likely barely noticed what she sent.

The only snag I have with your greatest probability is that she was purportedly last known wearing her running clothes, coupled with her (streamlined) running tech/gear. If she was en route to her mom's to eat/get the car for the next day, it seems she would have grabbed her wallet/ID/etc beforehand, which purportedly was still at the house.

JMO.
Fair question. IMO she had gone for a short run, she didn't change, wasn't worried about her wallet/ID for a 2 mile drive. The 20 minute walk was going to just add to her steps for the day.

The only snag I have with your greatest probability is that she was purportedly last known wearing her running clothes, coupled with her (streamlined) running tech/gear. If she was en route to her mom's to eat/get the car for the next day, it seems she would have grabbed her wallet/ID/etc beforehand, which purportedly was still at the house.

JMO.

One thing I don't remember seeing mentioned here, although I've skipped plenty of pages, is that her living arrangements at her boyfriend's were probably new. He mentioned the ac not working well in her room at her mom's, so it was just this season, most likely that she had been living there, and possibly on and off. She probably had plenty of things at her mom's, including clothes and shower supplies. It would seem to me that she could have planned to end her run at her mom's knowing she could just shower there. Besides, why would you come back to the house just to leave on another run?
Also, when getting the car from her brother other summer nights, her boyfriend may have driven her to her mom's or even dropped her off at work some days if he had the day off, so there may not have been much of a routine for her brother to count on, making it less alarming when she never picked the car up.

Wait there was pit bulls in the house zero chance anyone came in there to get her. Literally intense loyal dog that fast strong and powerful

I hate to say this sometimes these vanished cases end up in suicide.

Not that I think she fits that mold but many times it hard to see.

There was a case recently with a young mom .Washington and someone found her months later in rural country suicide.

That's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. I had two friends who committed suicide and both were happy-go-lucky and overall very positive-minded people. You just never know, really.

One thing I don't remember seeing mentioned here, although I've skipped plenty of pages, is that her living arrangements at her boyfriend's were probably new. He mentioned the ac not working well in her room at her mom's, so it was just this season, most likely that she had been living there, and possibly on and off. She probably had plenty of things at her mom's, including clothes and shower supplies. It would seem to me that she could have planned to end her run at her mom's knowing she could just shower there. Besides, why would you come back to the house just to leave on another run?
Also, when getting the car from her brother other summer nights, her boyfriend may have driven her to her mom's or even dropped her off at work some days if he had the day off, so there may not have been much of a routine for her brother to count on, making it less alarming when she never picked the car up.
I agree with this, especially your last point. I hadn't considered that her boyfriend was usually home, and could have on most days, either dropped her off at her mother's house to get the car, or taken her directly to work. This as you say, would mean that this situation (not requiring a ride) wasn't concerning to her family. This is why it's helpful to discuss this case, even in the absence of new information to work with, because I hadn't considered this fact before. It doesn't really change much for me in regard to Mollie's mom not being concerned (because all that matters is that she wasn't, not why), but it does offer some clarity. Thanks, and great thinking.

Last edited:

There was a case recently with a young mom .Washington and someone found her months later in rural country suicide.

I have to agree.. suicide has crossed my mind more than once in this case. It's usually when a case is so bizarre and far-reaching and very out of character for the victim, it ends up being suicide. Why ? because they were not in their right mind and like a previous person said.. if this was the case, LE would be able to find some type of evidence of her searching it up on her laptop. Maybe she did, LE wouldn't tell us anyways.

They do. But the facts in many of those cases don't relate in any respect, to this particular case. Nothing at all, indicates that type of scenario occurring here. Just because something is theoretically possible, doesn't make it plausible.

My mom lives at the state park and she and I are still perplexed why LE has not searched it. Everyone in the area knows Rock Creek.

(Ears suddenly perked up)...talk to me Iowaroots...

ETA: a couple questions, exact distance (googling)? Do you know for sure it hasn’t been searched? If not, maybe there’s a reason/indication why LE is looking elsewhere? (ETA: cough)(brainstorming on this...thanks for throwing me a bone to chew on...remembering some things about Lucas’ case, when it was asked why they hadn’t searched the water and I said maybe they have and we don’t know about it, which iirc turned out to the be the case, just thinking out loud...

So Rock Creek, sounds interesting...not sure if discussed or how potentially relevant...

Rock Creek Topo Map in Poweshiek County, Iowa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members