Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions I have after skimming through post press conference posts(am also hoping sharonneedles sees this)

Does the Casey’s have a car wash? A diesel fueling area?

Does the car was of interest have enclosed vacuums (the kind with the chamber) or garbage cans with the hose vaccuums?
The $3 car wash near me reported at one time a suspicious bag left in the garbage can at the car wash. An employee found it during regular checks of the garbage cans. They need to be talking to car wash employees and ask for any odd items having turned up, or they need to get into those enclosed vacuum tanks.

Dollyla, that is a GREAT idea. I bet if they DID hit Mollie they went somewhere to clean out their vehicle so there would be no evidence.

Does changing the terminology to “recovery” mean they are 100% certain MT is dead?
I don't believe so. It happens after natural disasters and after 9/11. At first it's a rescue mission, and then it becomes a recovery mission because the chances of anyone surviving after a period of time become so small. Until they stumble on physical evidence, it is impossible to know with 100% certainly whether she is a live or dead.

SharonNeedles' videos of the area:

Thank you for sharing these videos of driving thru Brooklyn. Though Brooklyn is a small town I did not appreciate how spread apart the houses and businesses are....there is a 'true' starkness to the town of Brooklyn. It is now much easier to visualize how Mollie could have been abducted, noticed, or followed by someone (familiar or stranger) while jogging the streets of Brooklyn.

Where is the original link to SharonNeedles video on YouTube? I can’t find it and am lost. Thanks so much. I’m really upset about this case.

I think it is used to describe the recovery of a body. Someone else may know if the term is ever used to describe a live person in terms of an investigation of a missing person. But when just the word recovery is used, in my opinion it is associated with retrieving or looking for someone who is no longer alive. Can anyone else make a more definitive statement??
I agree. It's usually "search and rescue" followed by "recovery." Perhaps LE didn't want to entertain questions about "recovery" at the pc and why they emphasized "searching for missing person" at pc but definitely stated "recovery of Mollie" on the website. I'm shattered for her parents, family, and friends. :(:(

Recovery, in the context of responders, is not of a live person. When a person is alive, it is a rescue operation, when they are no longer alive, it shifts to a recovery operation. Remains are recovered, people are rescued. I'm certain there are circumstances where someone misspeaks and uses recovery in the context of bringing someone home... Arguably, that could be alive or no longer alive. This is somewhat of a generality in LE, but it is similar in Fire, military and search and rescue.
a girl that uses social media is gone for more than a week on a national search, honestly maybe largest national search in us history, its probably been recovery mission for a few weeks

Understand. We all want closure.

I have read about numerous Joggers that have been found off the road, and it seems like Strangulation is many times the cause of death.

MOO.

Obviously, I know nothing about her aquatintences and co-workers. That dearth of knowledge would make it unlikely that I would offer a theory involving them. LE should’ve checked alibis on those people.

Elizabeth Smart is reason to hold out hope for loved ones.

Those darn surveillance cameras will get you every time!
Again, they can’t tell the public they are in danger unless they know they are, right? What this tells me is either they don’t have evidence of a crime, or they do and have their suspect under surveillance. They wouldn’t say the public is safe if they know there was a violent crime and don’t know who did it, right? Just my opinion

A lot of possibilities involved. What if LE'S poi or perp
Again, they can’t tell the public they are in danger unless they know they are, right? What this tells me is either they don’t have evidence of a crime, or they do and have their suspect under surveillance. They wouldn’t say the public is safe if they know there was a violent crime and don’t know who did it, right? Just my opinion

A lot of possibilities. What if a poi or perp, is currently in custody, on unrelated charges. And there is not believed to be sufficient evidence, to charge him with MT offense. The public would not be in any danger, because he is in custody. And LE is actively searching for additional evidence, to complete their case against the person. So they are still appealing to the public, for the missing info. Or there is more than one person involved. Just one scenario, where public not perceived to be in danger, if LE has stated that.

And on a lighter note, the last item on the list of concerning exhibited behaviors
  • Interest in the status of the investigation, including close attention to media coverage...
...or an unwillingness to discuss the investigation.​

Whatever you do, don't stay, and don't leave, or you may be a POI.

I think many of us should not post publicly our theories on if/what LE (could be or is) doing, specifically, as a strategy to track down the perp and how/what methods they’d use/ are using to go about it. The perp is VERY likely to be reading here and we don’t want to help him. It’s so easy to find WS in google search engine for each case. There are many potentially revealing posts speculating things LE is doing specifically to track the perp that have been posted after the PC today and I think Tricia and admins should delete them. If you see the posts, report them to admins to help them out with what would be a time consuming job....

Uhhhhh yeah. No doubt.
I was not responding to you, I was responding to Otto who said it was NOT a recovery operation. He mentioned the wording the FBI used so i am asking the posters opinion as to how he interprets this statement. Just interested in his point of view, sorry if you thought I was responding to you. I must have hit the wrong button! Now I am trying to go back to find what statement of yours I apparently replied to!

I don’t find the word “recovery” used on LE’s new website, to be especially significant. Law enforcement has consistently said that they are treating Mollie’s disappearance as a missing person’s case. They refuse to use the words “foul play,” so I can’t imagine one word on a website is somehow an effort to indicate to us that Mollie is dead.
As much as we all hope and pray that Mollie is still alive, the odds are against it, regardless of the words that LE uses however.

I thought the reward was specifically if SAFELY returned. has the wording for the reward been changed? if it hasn't been changed is there a separate reward for remains recovery?
The legal basis for receiving the reward was "safe return of Mollie." However, the the gov website launched today cites that a substantial reward exists for the "recovery of Mollie." It's unknown what if any changes are being made to the terms of the reward as initially written.

I think many of us should not post publicly our theories on if/what LE could be doing specifically as a strategy to track down the perp. The perp is very likely to be reading here and we don’t want to help him.

Why are you saying “very likely reading here”? What factual basis are you basing your probability on?

The timeline makes it all the more interesting the question the LE asked the mother, which I think was:

“Was she in a house at 9:45?”

Not “was she in her house?” or “was she in your house?”

What did the LE see or know at that point that made them ask this question in such a strangely worded way about her whereabouts at that very specific time? It’s kind of creepy.

It's strangely worded, but I think it just developed from the bf saying that her last Snapchat seemed to be indoors.

And on a lighter note, the last item on the list of concerning exhibited behaviors
  • Interest in the status of the investigation, including close attention to media coverage...
...or an unwillingness to discuss the investigation.​

Whatever you do, don't stay, and don't leave, or you may be a POI.
I saw that and figured it made everyone on this site a suspect. well, Google maps has me 6-8 hours away as I got off work that day, so I've alibied out.

IMO, this was either an entirely impulsive snatch & grab OR a carefully planned and possibly rehearsed abduction. Either an incredibly lucky perp, or an incredibly smart one.

Disagree as a person the same build and an everyday runner - you are constantly looking to your sides for crossing traffic and behind as your turning. And you would be surprised just how strong especially when it means something terrible is happening.
Missing poster lists her as 5'2", 120 lbs. IMO, she'd be no match for any adult male of average strength.

I think many of us should not post publicly our theories on if/what LE could be doing specifically as a strategy to track down the perp. The perp is very likely to be reading here and we don’t want to help him.

well, heck, here we are pulling theories out of our bums to try to explain what happened to Mollie when we have the expert available? post-away, mr or miss perp. what is your "theory"...

I was not responding to you, I was responding to Otto who said it was NOT a recovery operation. He mentioned the wording the FBI used so i am asking the posters opinion as to how he interprets this statement. Just interested in his point of view, sorry if you thought I was responding to you.

if donations have been made for a specific wording of safe return I do not think the same reward fund can be used for remains recovery tips. i think the wording would have to be amended somehow or a new fund with recovery of remains stated or just a how ever we can get her back type wording. so i think the word recovery is being used out of typical LE usage or just who ever typed it worded it less official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member