Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we make educated guesses that LE is likely doing X to get the perpetrator to produce Y and then they will be able to obtain Z, IMO it gives the perpetrator a clear format of another way to not get caught. We all want the perpetrator to "slip up" on something.

I am referring to guessing the specific strategy and detailing how LE can obtain the perpetrator's identifying information.

This is horrible to consider, but might the Fitbit suddenly ceasing to record data be a clue to LE that MT might no longer be living?

They are pretty solid. I think you would have to physically disable or destroy it for it to stop working (or the battery died). My Fitbit holds a charge for about 5 days. If I get a 6th I’m lucky. Let’s hope the perp had no idea of what it was or atleast didn’t “clue in” to it. With the specific locations suggested at the PC; it makes me believe they have some data of her whereabouts after the jog. I think they have no idea of the vehicle used however, hence the PC stating locations and asking for surveillance and transaction records.

Absolutely, but the area is sparsely populated and you're not going to have a great deal of video footage. In a town that doesn't lock it's doors, you're probably not going to have a great deal of houses or cars equipped with cameras either.

Good points; maybe peoples insurance policies has encouraged them to have it to lower their annual premiums.

If we make educated guesses that LE is likely doing X to get the perpetrator to produce Y and then they will be able to obtain Z, IMO it gives the perpetrator a clear format of another way to not get caught. We all want the perpetrator to "slip up" on something.

I am referring to guessing the specific strategy and detailing how LE can obtain the perpetrator's identifying information.

Of course you are assuming some of us are stating everything we know...

hmm you've made your point, again. Interesting.
I've had to, as some posters are thinking I'm warning against discussing any and all topics pertaining to solving the investigation. I'm clearly not. I'm referring to something that posters discussed back in the earlier threads regarding tracing the IP address of the perpetrator via different methods. I want the perpetrator to be "dumb enough" to not know what LE will do to track them down.

I don’t want to step on Mr. Obvious’ toes, but I think it’s safe to say they have data or reports putting Mollie at those Dots on the released Map.

Fit-bit, phone pings, Cameras, or reports.

That’s probably the best evidence the Public has at this point.

I really do hope someone in the community does the right thing and reports noted behavioral changes as indicated on the new site. I just feel that with such a small, tight-knit community where "everyone knows your name" that folks will be reluctant to do so. I don't think anyone there wants to believe this is the work of a "local". MOO
Personally, I too don't want to believe Mollie's disappearance the deed of a "local." It will devastate the community more than you can imagine. On June 24, in a WA town about the size of Brooklyn, a 16 year old was lured away from home under the pretense of "first camping trip" of summer where he was raped with a stick and beaten to death by another 16 year old and his 21 year old brother. These boys had been neighbors and best of friends since age of 5, and were part of a class of only 32 students. The entire community including the county prosecutors recusing themselves are shattered. Months later they remain frightened, and heart broken. (See Ben Eastman, 16, WA, thread).

Abby and Libby were the girls that went missing in the woods in Delphi, IN. I believe their remains were discovered by hunters.
Thanks for correcting spelling, now I don't have to go back and edit! Yes, that's who I was referring to... I thought maybe you made the connection based on the circumstances of the investigation; LE being tightlipped and absolutely no sign of getting closer to the killer. It's as if the perp just vanished and they still have no clue who it is.

Personally, I too don't want to believe Mollie's disappearance the deed of a "local." It will devastate the community more than you can imagine. On June 24, in a WA town about the size of Brooklyn, a 16 year old was lured away from home under the pretense of "first camping trip" of summer where he was raped with a stick and beaten to death by another 16 year old and his 21 year old brother. These boys had been neighbors and best of friends since age of 5, and were part of a class of only 32 students. The entire community including the county prosecutors recusing themselves are shattered. Months later they remain frightened, and heart broken. (See Ben Eastman, 16, WA, thread).
If this were many years ago, the community and law enforcement would refuse to believe that it was possible that a crime like this could come from within. Many cases went unsolved because of this flawed logic. Fortunately law enforcement has progressed to where they keep all options on the table. That case you referenced was horrific.

I've had to, as some posters are thinking I'm warning against discussing any and all topics pertaining to solving the investigation. I'm clearly not. I'm referring to something that posters discussed back in the earlier threads regarding tracing the IP address of the perpetrator via different methods. I want the perpetrator to be "dumb enough" to not know what LE will do to track them down.

Thanks for correcting spelling, now I don't have to go back and edit! Yes, that's who I was referring to... I thought maybe you made the connection based on the circumstances of the investigation; LE being tightlipped and absolutely no sign of getting closer to the killer. It's as if the perp just vanished and they still have no clue who it is.
No, I just thought it was strange how they're all in the Midwest within 7 hrs of each other, 3/3 were all outside walking or biking, 2/3 cases have a perpetrator that is believed to be a stranger (we don't know anything certain about MT's perp yet), all cases have been widely-publicized and have gone cold (except for MT's, at the moment), and 2/3 have had bodies discovered in the woods (I think?).

I also have considered how the circumstances of this case have been very similar to the tragic case of Sierah Joughrin's however, she was an Ohio State student and the criminal has been sentenced to death. It's been reported that her case likely would not have been solved if she hadn't been riding a bike, which got left behind.

We are pretty safe with the perp on this site, until a suspect or poi is named.......They won’t see their name or theories about them until LE has already had long chat and a warrant.

It does still say "bring Molly Tibbetts home safe" on the Crime Stoppers site for the reward.

I think perp must be local, also

"A large reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of Mollie."

You maybe remember before it said “safe return” of Mollie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member