Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnipped>

I just have to say, those videos by Needles - thank you for teaching me something about the Midwest I never knew.<modsnipped> OT, so sorry for that too. But I can see how an ambitious, bright young woman as Mollie would have been a shining star in her community. And stand out, and be noticed.
Ps. One of the aspects that I love most about WS is our global community who bring and share their local cultures and norms. It's fascinating. Sending hugs round the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
In every town there is usually a big fish in the pond who owns the big store and/or lots of property or their family has been running a place for generations and they probably are more well off than the other residents and seemingly have the power in town because of this. Does Brooklyn have any family like that? I'm sure it is well known who they are if they do.
Yes, I believe so.

some cctv will be off on color, I don't understand it, but different fabric types can show different. I have seen blue show up red, sometimes same brand of camera on same system cant agree on a exact color. angle and the way light reflects effects it too.

@MAGNUM PI1 said:
I did not view the PC, yesterday. Someone who did, posted that family wore dark glasses. Highly unusual activity, apparently? If this did occur, one would wonder about this change. Did LE brief the family, before the PC, and inform them of the latest developments? MT'S father has been so positive, upbeat...about MT still being alive. Perhaps, the latest LE update, deflated that?
Like I stated, I didn't view the PC.
Does anyone who viewed it, have any ideas about this topic?
I only bring it up, because there has been so much discussion, about the word "recovery", now being utilized.

I watched PC live on HLN, and questions by reporters post PC on different network, and never once saw the family on camera. They were not behind podium as in previous pressers. Depending on where they were standing, it's still quite bright at 3pm CST.
I only noticed her boyfriend wearing sunglasses, but I did notice her mom appeared to be close to tears at the end, and she rushed off quickly. An yes, I do think that the general mood of the family is very telling. I fear they may be losing hope.

If they have her on video jogging that evening, why does the FBI missing page state the color of her clothing is unknown?

MOLLIE CECELIA TIBBETTS

If it's a black and white camera, as many if not most are, it's hard to tell bright pink/red from ordinary black. They both tend to become the same dark gray.

Is it possible that the car wash vacuum containers were sent for lab analysis and the FBI found evidence of MT's hair (for example)inside the vacuum collection container? Perhaps that is why the car wash is now one of the focal points of interest?

Just My Opinion
Not if Mollie her self had been there recently, vacuuming her car. Or anyone of her family or friends.

RT DJ and others firmly believe Mollie is alive- I am just wondering - do they think she is alive and being held in her town of Brooklyn or someplace in or outside of Iowa? Hope and prayers she is alive- I cannot get my head around this whole situation - my thoughts change at least twice daily about what I think could have happened - Mollie's Dad, bf and rest of her family are TRULY AMAZING people!!! I don't know how they cope-- Sooo strong!!!

I think it's more likely that a young offender would be less conspicuous in a strange town than a 300# white bearded man who was wearing suspenders and a straw hat. MOO

I'm sorry, I think I missed something. Where did the 300 pound etc. guy come from? He sounds like a local farmer or something.

I don't recall saying anything about strangers either.

IDK, but something that has crossed my mind is that a piece of her clothing was found...and it wasn't the red shirt. It seems like the news media sometimes gets only partial info that grows legs. Maybe the authorities don't want this information to come out.

Video was black and white?

RT DJ and others firmly believe Mollie is alive- I am just wondering - do they think she is alive and being held in her town of Brooklyn or someplace in or outside of Iowa? Hope and prayers she is alive- I cannot get my head around this whole situation- Mollie's Dad, bf and rest of her family are TRULY AMAZING people!!! Sooo strong!!!
At this point, even if she's still alive, she's not likely to ever be the happy, always smiling girl they all knew and loved. I would think they've considered that more with each passing day. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa