Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lupus and fibro, it makes you very dependent.....

What I think happen was that, when they met, he was in control. Control of her. After Thrive and all her newly found independence and "happy lectures" like her FB video, he snapped. She was gone for "months", and then a trip as soon as she came home? And all her time spent with her new friends on line and on phone? He was not a happy camper. Probably had to take care of kids while she spent time with her Thrive business. <modsnip - wild speculation without evidence> He then lost control.

In the end, he had the ultimate control of her life.
I was wondering that too. Whether Thrive was physically helping her or not dosen't really matter because she thought it was...and she probably didn't "need" him so much anymore and he couldn't stand that.

Last edited by a moderator:
If S.W.'s friend had not appeared at the door (C.W. said that he saw her at the door while checking the doorbell camera at work), perhaps his plan was to burn the bodies (as someone else suggested on this thread).

C.W. was watching that door - and not for concern - he was hoping he could still get away with it.

first i want you to know i feel for you suffering

i know little

at the same time

may i ask i know it is different for all

but can you help me

in the last three years

would you be able to

move across the country

set up anew house

keep two kids all cute dressed

your house perfect

travel all over

for long peroids of time

start a telemarketing thing

post on online every 4.5 seconds

party with neighbors ( apparently often )

have the energy (sorry ) to make or want a third child

experience a bankruptcy without relapse

throw cute little bday parties for your kids

be deiveing whatever in your bloodstream via pathes without possilby huring your med regeime

be in the mood to smile endlessly

keep your house spotless with two kids that age

go online and find all these life affirming little sayings and post them
I wouldn’ be able to do all that without Lupus or fibromyalgia!

Hi,
You are correct. The doc is a few pages long, this thread has grown and I think a couple members are trying to get caught up.

Thanks! I was sure I read that but then I wasn’t so sure.

It seems very odd to me that the lawyers already had an expert lined up before he was even in jail 24 hours. His buns didn’t even warm the bench in his cell before they had someone. Maybe that is normal but just seems quick.

Here are some questions for those of you who are familiar with the legal aspect of homicide cases:

1) If a suspect confesses, does this mean the case tends to move more quickly through the legal system?

2) Is it correct that Tuesday's court meeting will include an announcement of the official charges and CW's plea?

3) How common is it for a suspect to confess but then plead innocent?

4) Do you think it is likely they will offer a plea deal to get him to plead guilty? If so, would this play out on Tuesday or later?

I am just trying to get an idea of what is usually typical when a confession is involved. Thanks!

Or maybe he was a little low on gas and didnt want to risk being tracked going to a gas station in the middle of the night..............brought extra gas so he wouldn't be stuck stranded with an empty tank and 3 bodies to explain
No matter what the scenario, he sucks at planning things even if his freedom depended on it. I'm super glad.

first i want you to know i feel for you suffering

i know little

at the same time

may i ask i know it is different for all

but can you help me

in the last three years

would you be able to

move across the country

set up anew house

snip

go online and find all these life affirming little sayings and post them

That does seem odd. She might have gone on steroids, which do hype you up, but from her video, when they met she was very ill with the disease.

If he married her as a very dependent person and then all of a sudden she was super women and telling others how to live, it might have fed his insecurities. I think most murders are about control.

Just an opinion, this was not about infidelity, etc....but about control. Could be wrong, just my first impressions.

An idiot he is, he probably forgot to bring the matches. Gas can yes, no matches..

Maybe he hoped that he could burn them near enough to the oil tank to cause an explosion once he left (but not so near that he’d be at risk...can’t have that!). Maybe he hoped to make a bigger and hotter fire that would make their remains disappear completely. But then...forgot the matches.

The only way to delete what is on a computer is to destroy the hard drive, by running it over.
Running over a hard drive doesn't erase the info on it, and LE could still get it. What you have to do is to overwrite the info on the hard drive, it's not that difficult to do, it just takes some time (and it's something you should do if you intend to sell your computer). Here's a link to how to overwrite the hard drive: How to securely erase hard drives (HDDs) and solid state drives (SSDs) | ZDNet

If S.W.'s friend had not appeared at the door (C.W. said that he saw her at the door while checking the doorbell camera at work), perhaps his plan was to burn the bodies (as someone else suggested on this thread).

C.W. was watching that door - and not for concern - he was hoping he could still get away with it.
Wow.
I had to chuckle after just reading that. Lol.

No wonder why he probably didn't really like her caring friends.

A brother cant even commit a murder without them quickly showing up to sound the alarm. Lol. :)

But seriously. Im glad her friend did care enough to go by and call and whatever else.

You reminded me of two things that I’ve been rattling around in my brain - because I’ve see many comments, questions re:

1) how did CW see NU (SWs friend) at the doorbell camera? Some, depending on brand and service, can send a text alert when someone has rung your doorbell and also some have motion that activates the text alert process. Only speculating of course, but may be that’s how he knew she was at the house door.

2) How did NU know she missed a drs appt; some brought up HIPAA, etc. my two cents:
a) I first thought, well there would only be a violation if NU wasn’t documented within SWs medical record. Meaning, you can legally have someone designated for the drs office to speak to. Now, how detail of information can be give. To that documented designated person? I don’t know. But I have signed one myself for my sister. I am married and have had health challenges. Mine is simply because I know my sister would think of all the questions to ask.
b) but then I had the thought. What if NU was to meet her to attend the appointment with her? It would be the timing of ann other ultrasound. So either she didn’t answer the door upon an agreed upon pick up time, or they were to meet at the drs office and SW didn’t show.
Blabbering.
ETA: fixed ghastly spelling.

Last edited:
I can't figure out why he put "bags" in his truck knowing that the neighbor had a camera.
During his 'plea' he mentions the neighbors camera as well as his doorbell camera.
He also mentions no camera in the back of his house.
Did he think it wasn't at an angle to catch what he was doing, or did he think it was off during certain hours.
Maybe he thought it wasn't light enough outside to pick him up?
Maybe he tried to load in the back of his house and an unknown camera was there.
Could be he didn't know about the neighbors camera until after the event.

In court he looked angry, imo.

He was really unhappy he was denied bail and whined about it, asking how long he would be denied bail

You are being held for 3 murders, likely first - degree. Why do you think you deserve to be out on bail so you can attempt to make for the border, like Scott Peterson did?

I can't figure out why he put "bags" in his truck knowing that the neighbor had a camera.
During his 'plea' he mentions the neighbors camera as well as his doorbell camera.
He also mentions no camera in the back of his house.
Did he think it wasn't at an angle to catch what he was doing, or did he think it was off during certain hours.
Maybe he thought it wasn't light enough outside to pick him up?
Maybe he tried to load in the back of his house and an unknown camera was there.
Could be he didn't know about the neighbors camera until after the event.

He probably learned of the neighbor’s camera after the fact. So then he had to act like he wasn’t pooping his pants over it.

You reminded me of two things that I’ve been rattling around in my brain - because I see many comments, questions re:

1) how did he see her friend NU at the doorbell camera? Some, Defoe ding on brand and service, can send a text alert when someone has rung your doorbell and also some have motion that activates the text alert process. Only speculating of course, but may be that’s how he knew she was at the house door.

2) How did NU know she missed a drs appt; some brought up HIPAA, etc. my two cents:
a) I first thought, well there would only be a violation if NU wasn’t documented within SWs medical record. Meaning, you can legally have someone designated for the drs office to speak to. Now,how detail of information, I don’t know. But I have signed one myself.
b) but then I had the thought. What if NU was to meet her to attend the appointment with her? It would be the timing of ann other ultrasound. So either she didn’t answer the door upon an agreed upon pick up time, or they were to meet at the drs office and SW didn’t show.
Blabbering, just a couple of thoughts banging around in my

Thanks for your insightful post, CFlo !

I am of the belief that C.W. was "watching" the front door to see if he had time to go (perhaps during a work break or later at night) to burn the bodies.

Totally agree with you that N.U. either was to have met S.W. at the doctor's office or she was concerned that S.W. hadn't texted her that morning.

Perhaps she was the one friend who S.W. confided in. Or, N.U. instinctively knew that S.W. was in a volatile situation at home. Perhaps she had witnessed enough of C.W.'s behavior to form an opinion. Somehow I think she knew about the home situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow