Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was really unhappy he was denied bail and whined about it, asking how long he would be denied bail

You are being held for 3 murders, likely first - degree. Why do you think you deserve to be out on bail so you can attempt to make for the border, like Scott Peterson did?

Wow! I missed that! He whined about it? He needs a muzzle. Guy, you are never getting out!

It is interesting, even in "rural areas", how much of our movement can be tracked in real time by cameras. A neighbor with a camera system, traffic cameras, CCTV systems in stores, ATM machines...we also have a camera system now, at our gate, (it is a few pieces of barbed wire and a post), we can track if anyone comes in and forgets to close the gate, before the goats rampage the road.

@SuperTmo I had the same understanding. This article was clearer.

Colorado dad's lawyer seeks DNA samples from daughters' bodies, but judge rejects forensics expert: report

"The defense attorney filed a motion Friday requesting that DNA samples be taken from the recovered bodies of Shanann Watts, and daughters Bella and Celeste Watts. But a Weld County District judge dismissed the motion, citing concerns about the credibility of the forensic expert consulted by the attorney, the Denver Post reported.

But according to the Post, Eikelenboom admitted during a 2016 sexual assault trial that he had no experience with DNA extraction or analysisand a Denver District Court judge subsequently barred Eikelenboom from testifying as an expert witness."

Big surprise there. What touch DNA is going to remain after bodies swam in crude oil for multiple days?

I have a Ring doorbell. I have it set up so that it detects motions in a selected area. If someone walks past I get an alert from the app. If someone rings the doorbell it rings my phone from the app saying someone is at the door.
I pay for recorded service BUT I would think that those recordings could probably be pulled from somewhere on the doorbell company’s system (it’s a stretch- but we all know there is always a footprint with technology these days).

He was really unhappy he was denied bail and whined about it, asking how long he would be denied bail

You are being held for 3 murders, likely first - degree. Why do you think you deserve to be out on bail so you can attempt to make for the border, like Scott Peterson did?
You would think his attorney told him his chances of bail were slim to none.

Would love to know if he knew she was having a boy or if she was going to do a big splash reveal video of him and the kids like she did when he found out she was pregnant?
Did she think she was gonna find out that day? When else had she been to a Dr.? In NC? Can you learn now by peeing on a stick?

You reminded me of two things that I’ve been rattling around in my brain - because I see many comments, questions re:

1) how did he see her friend NU at the doorbell camera? Some, Defoe ding on brand and service, can send a text alert when someone has rung your doorbell and also some have motion that activates the text alert process. Only speculating of course, but may be that’s how he knew she was at the house door.

2) How did NU know she missed a drs appt; some brought up HIPAA, etc. my two cents:
a) I first thought, well there would only be a violation if NU wasn’t documented within SWs medical record. Meaning, you can legally have someone designated for the drs office to speak to. Now,how detail of information, I don’t know. But I have signed one myself.
b) but then I had the thought. What if NU was to meet her to attend the appointment with her? It would be the timing of ann other ultrasound. So either she didn’t answer the door upon an agreed upon pick up time, or they were to meet at the drs office and SW didn’t show.
Blabbering, just a couple of thoughts banging around in my

I'm convinced that SW had confided in Nicole issues about CW and their marriage. Probably even texting her the night of the return flight, etc. Not stuff about baby clothes and parties, but confided in her fears or concerns or worries. Enough to put N on guard that there was a POTENTIAL for BAD things to happen. Likely N or SW were to text each other that am and when N didn't get a text or response, she knew something was BAD and jumped on it, not just assumed SW overslept. Her concerns were enough to get LE involved when she and CW entered the house.

Last edited:
True. Like most couples, they really need to be open and honest about their finances, especially when it's all tight and they are now anticipating more financial stress with the new baby.

But, in my experience the HOA goes through this lawsuit business so they can legally file for a lien against the mortgage. We had this happen with a neighbor who just stopped paying anything & declared bankruptcy. It became the bank's responsibility to enforce the payments and pay the HOA lien off. They sold the house at auction and evicted her, finally, but it took at least 6 years to do so. We haven't heard that CW and SW were being threatened with eviction.

Heck, if he showed up with a certified check for half of that ( like about $800) the HOA would likely accept that and payment terms. A lien of $1554 is very small potatoes. Ours was for about $11,000
Depending on the State (i.e., super priority lien law), I recall an Owner that lost his house to foreclosure brought on by HOA over $35. Yes, $35!! Just google HOA foreclosure and you'll be shocked.

I can't figure out why he put "bags" in his truck knowing that the neighbor had a camera.
During his 'plea' he mentions the neighbors camera as well as his doorbell camera.
He also mentions no camera in the back of his house.
Did he think it wasn't at an angle to catch what he was doing, or did he think it was off during certain hours.
Maybe he thought it wasn't light enough outside to pick him up?
Maybe he tried to load in the back of his house and an unknown camera was there.
Could be he didn't know about the neighbors camera until after the event.

Agree! Police may have mentioned it to him AFTER they asked neighbors door to door (at that point a missing person investigation).
I know my neighbors don’t know that I have one so ‍♀️

I'm convinced that SW had confided in Nicole issues about CW and their marriage. Probably even texting her the night of the return flight, etc. Not stuff about baby clothes and parties, but confided in her fears or concerns or worries. Enough to put N on guard that there was a POTENTIAL for BAD things to happen. Likely N or SW were to text each other that am and when N didn't get a text or response, she knew something was BAD and jumped on it, not just assumed SW overslept. Her concerns were enough to get LE to go into the house without notifying her husband at work..... right? I would think there would have to be something to show LE that was enough for them to act immediately......
We know LE went into the house before CW raced home? I thought CW got there before, he and NU walked through, and then that’s when she called the police. Interesting.

WS is victim friendly and does not engage in victim blaming.

Yes, Shanann apparently had lupus and a busy lifestyle. Her medical condition and lifestyle however are not responsible for CW murdering her and her 2 children and unborn baby.

We know LE went into the house before CW raced home? I thought CW got there before, he and NU walked through, and then that’s when she called the police. Interesting.

You probably have the correct information. I was going from my failing memory....

Depending on the State (i.e., super priority lien law), I recall an Owner that lost his house to foreclosure brought on by HOA over $35. Yes, $35!! Just google HOA foreclosure and you'll be shocked.

Question, another one that’s been in the back of my brain on a small post it note:
Do we know for a fact WHAT the HOA was suing for? From what I’ve seen, the general assumption is that it was for HOA dues and they just didn’t pay them. Could very well be. But, I also have heard about people getting HOA FINES (grass not well kept, fences put up without HOA approval, front door painted without HOA approval). Not that I guess it really matter in the big scheme of things here though OTHER THAN unless a documented fact as to WHY the suit with court scheduled for next week on it, we shouldn’t assume they couldn’t afford to pay it and perhaps was a HOA fine that they planned on fighting, right?

Chris Watts was he in NC with her on last visit ? I saw an interview saying he was which is confusing since separation was in the talks

It must depend on the state / city / county. It also depends on whether the house is mortgaged or not as the lien becomes subordinate to other loans ( usually taxes) or the bank loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona