Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T sort of but not unrelated.

All young women here who are not yet attached and have a s/o. My biggest thing is warning young women about abusers. I have seen it happen too many times to relatives and friends as well as myself that you fall for some jerk who ends up being a real abuser. This topic is one of the main ones discussed around women in my circle, how to see the warning signs in a guy so you can run before wasting time, energy and your mental sanity on the person. There are MANY signs and they are usually different for each person but there is one that it seems many share.

WATCH intently how the man interacts with and speaks about his mother. To give you the best insight on how he will eventually treat YOU long term is to see how he treats his own mother. It sounds simple and perhaps irrelevent but it really is not. The closest crystal ball available to you is observing the mother / son relationship he has. One can pretend for awhile and play nice, nice with mom but soon enough their true colors come out or hers will. Either way the relationship reveals itself very quickly. If they don't WANT to bring you to meet mom, keep walking. He isn't serious about you or he has something to hide.

yes, how he treats others like waitresses, but definitely how he speaks about and treats his own mother. I wish I knew about this when I was younger. I feel for my adopted mom is abusive and smothers me. But, he wasn't wrong she was abusive and found out much later sexually abusive and he developed toxic patterns of coping to deal with it.
The SA trauma made him despise women and rage-filled freak-outs towards them. No wonder he hated women wanted to control, abuse and assault them.
What a nightmare! I'm glad I got out.

Yeah, agree. I mostly looked at his eyes and the fact that they weren’t swollen like he was crying or baggy like he wasn’t sleeping.

typically males are socialized not to be emotional

on nation wide tv he is not gonna be a weeping dude

weeping and all teary at that point would have to mean they dead

he had to do the they will come back

but the covert narcissist has problems emotionally connecting

we have to remember the couple of interviews we have are when he has to be the concerned spouse and day but cant be knowing his family is dead and in gas tanks

we have to do the timeline

many are responding to the interviews with what we know now

during that he cant act like he knows they are not coming back

how would he know that

but it is an interview normative to respond to the questions

if the question was how would you feel if you knew the child your dead wife was carrying is now dead

that would be tear time

he had to pretend he did not KNOW they were dead

I do not remember seeing those pictures so no answer for that but will say the times I have been in Colorado I could not breathe that well and it is unbeliveable how many people I saw toting oxygen. The higher you go into the mountains the harder it is.
Many including children have a hard time because of the altitude.
Her oldest had Asthma, a severe nut allergy, and EOE (not sure what that is yet). I actually just shared some screen shots I found of a post she made in a nut allergy support group about her MIL while they were in NC recently.

.. adding to my post. The friend must have known there were issues at home to call the police so quickly. I’ve never called the police when a friend went off radar, but I once sat outside the house of a friend after dropping her off because I knew she was fighting with her partner who had hit her in the past, so that made me wonder if the friend knew they were troubled and knew there was a major fight brewing.

I agree completely. He feels no regret for murder, only for getting caught

I agree i don't think he has remorse for killing her

i think he is devastated that he killed his children and stuck them in oil

I think no matter who promoted it

he could not handle his kids rotting in oil

jmo

Alright I’m in!

Some cases just grab your attention for some reason don’t they? This is outrageous.

It seems to me that they were troubled but invested in keeping up a shiny facade in the hope that they would somehow end up OK .. a sort of ‘fake it til you make it strategy’.

I think what happened here is a fight escalated out of control and he killed Shanann, and unfortunately the kids witnessed it so he killed them too to cover it all up. Terrible. So I don’t think we will find any kind of meaningful motive, just overwhelming stress and personal inadequacy.

I can’t stand MLM either and can see how that culture would have only added to the family stressors.

Very sad.
Interesting, I figured he killed the children first to hurt Shanann...interesting angle, that they were maybe witnesses to Shanann’s murder...I’m sure someone would have thought of this already upstream but I didn’t see it...interesting indeed.

I think you are right about the neighbors. They seem thoroughly shaken and comment very specifically about his behavior being at odds with the situation

So where did he stay Monday night?

he said i think in his house and it was so lonley etc etc

CW did two interviews. In either of those interviews, he always calls Bella and Celeste as 'the kids', instead of 'my daughters' or my 'children' or 'my babies'. He also never described Shannan as 'my wife'.

He uses phrases like 'there wasn't anybody here', 'nobody was here', 'I want everybody back', 'the kids wern't here'. Never heard him say 'I want my family back'.

I think he really has detached himself from his family. In his mind, he killed a woman and two kids, not his wife and his children. It's so cold.

(Ha, I now see that Seattle1 has posted something similar.)
He looks like he’s flirting. Something about his eyes.

WOW, you describe an utterly exhausting life consumedby MLM

Thanks for the insight

Hahaha, yeah, I’m WAY too lazy for that!

I think one difference with Thrive is that there isn’t really much inventory, cateloga, order forms, etc, she would buy. Most of her customers directly ordered through her website. The goal was to get customers to sign up for a recurring auto ship program. So way easier and cheaper than needing to invest heavily in inventory. She only needed to sell $256/worth of stuff on her own (if I remember right) to be eligible for her commissions, which was basically the cost of using the stuff herself.

after watching the interview

intense eyes

and i thought oh my him in a rage would be scary

normal his eyes were pretty

but in a rage

really scary i think

I thought he was scary looking in that picture in the backyard where he was showing his shirtless buff chest and was showing his teeth like he was fierce. I thought that is probably the expression on the face that Shanann died looking into.

Also, the "her people" remarks kind of made me say "hmmmm." Such separation.

"Her people" does not strike me odd at all. Her people refers to her team. She likely referred to them as "my people". It is typical MSM talk, so it is not odd. He was definitely separating them from their personal lives.....because they were separate. They were not "his people", but they were "her people". Would have been the same as if he had said "her team members". They were her business.

If there was a new intimate partner, M or F, I think the guys at the gym would know something

He had to be spending hours there, with a trainer. That's not the physique you get from a set of weights at home. And yes, steroids arent really out of the question, IMHO

No gym! Duh! It was the patches, obvi! Lol

Never heard him say 'I want my family back'.
Oh he did in first video, start at 3:12 and ONLY AFTER the reporter mentioned his second thought would be that people think he has something to do with it (paraphrasing).
Pages and threads later and seeing what others mention on WS, going back and rewatching these again shows even more!
He also slips re: doors being locked. Child guard was on all interior doors, SW either does or doesn’t usually use the garage exterior and interior door to exit the house. Not, “just in case” around late 4 min mark.
Just before that, is the talk of their doorbell camera and when he mentioned the neighbors camera almost seems defeated. (Good you jack*ss).
Just the fact you could stand there and do lengthy interviews with so much detail, mostly irrelevant info as to a missing person, he’s just sick.
Me? I’ll give you may be a 2 minute interview and then say hey, I’m really busy right now trying to find my family, but if police say it’s okay, you can feel free to come into the LR and use whatever pictures you want to get them into the media in case someone sees them.
Ugh, this guy.

BBM Yes, and why he panicked when the friend rang the doorbell. He knew he was busted. Did I read that LE was already at his house when he got there? I also believe he thought he was going to get out on bail. He's a big flight risk to me.

she was out of town

they have both destroyed their marriage

she left for a month and a half

i cant imagine a reason why she would tell him

honey i have a doctors appt

6 hours after I arrive

i would think there focus would be what flight number and time

she would tell a female friend oh i hope (self report lupis) everything is ok

I bet it's all in the oil cans.

Didn't we read that her phone was behind a sofa cushion? I think that's where it all happened.
Likely, but maybe there was some possible residual/after the fact evidence he might have realized as an after thought after he had already disposed of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea