Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We treat evil SOB's like this in our society too lightly. At the very least, on Saturday his cell should have been plastered with Congratulations On The Baby Boy cards, and sonogram pictures, in honor of the reveal party he was supposed to have.

Can't help wondering if his wanting to cancel that party was also part of any argument preceding this Coincidental timing.

I tend to agree with you. Most people I know don't even WANT to be away from home that long! I am curious, too, why a six week vacation with family to be followed up with another trip right away. And I think being away from home with two small children would be difficult. I am curious about the reason behind such a long visit. It doesn'5 seem typical to me, esp. if she had this "perfect life" back in Colorado.

I agree and she doesn’t seem thrilled in the video where she announced it. I think it was a necessity and not a thing she really wanted to do.

Lost out in what department? If he lost control because HE was cheating then why not kill his mistress?

I am a married woman and, personally, find that book incredibly dated and one sided. Not sure what place it has in this case.

we have to be open to all options

my sense is in a month and a half she thinks she found someone

we have to wait

I’m not convinced she even told her family that or that her brother has said that to press. Her family has been adamant that they are not speaking to the press. There’s no news so people are making **** up.

i do think she would talk to her female friends but not to her family or brother he would want to go kill him

imo the brother is a poignant
writer

A Relationship without Empathy...

So much time, energy and emotion is spent trying to understand why emotional manipulators do what they do. The answer has never been a secret. It’s always been in plain sight, but perhaps due to its simplicity and our inability to relate, we shrug it off and continue the search for some way where we can blame ourselves.

Why do Narcissists make such terrible partners? Why are they so hurtful? The answer is of course empathy, or rather a lack there of.

Empathy is defined as – the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings and thoughts of another, of either the past or present, without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner. – Webster

The DSM tells us that psychopaths lack empathy and that a Narcissist’s ability to feel empathy is impaired. This means that they cannot understand or have concern for the feelings of others.

Why are Narcissist’s so self-centered? – Because your feelings, your needs do not compute. It’s as if they are emotionally color blind, thus, missing colors in their emotional color palette.

What does a relationship look like with someone that lacks empathy?

Lack of Empathy Symptoms in a Romantic Relationship

Everything is always about them. Your thoughts, feelings, needs and wants are not considered, unless they serve a purpose.

Emotional Manipulators ruin the holidays, birthdays or any special event that is important to their partners. They do not like to share attention and therefore, do not care to be a part of anything that doesn’t thrust them in the spotlight. They have an expectation to receive and feel uncomfortable with the concept of giving. They will, on occasion give, but the gift will often be off somehow, usually not exactly what you wanted or asked for. They do the absolute minimum in terms of effort, when it comes to bestowing something that does not directly benefit them.

When their partners are ill or have some type of pain or injury, the Narcissist will view this as an inconvenience to them and either be bothered by it or ignore it. They are not caregivers. They don’t do nurturing – unless it’s to get praise by others – “Look at how great Tom is being while Anne gets over her appendicitis.”

They are never wrong, so don’t expect to get an apology. You will always be wrong, and they will always be the wronged party.

No issue is ever resolved. They thrive in ambiguity. When you can’t pin them down for a time or a decision they can never be held accountable when they disappoint. Disappointment is what they do. Don’t expect to be able to count or rely on them for much, unless there is a benefit to them.

They have a real problem discerning cause and effect. They cannot see a link between their behavior and your reaction. They will look at your reaction to what they’ve done as the problem, rather than their behavior. [CW will never see that what he did was wrong; his vicious act was, and will always be, somebody else's fault. Also, if CW perceived a narcissistic injury from either SW's or his family, (which is a perceived threat to a narcissist's self-esteem or self-worth), it would serve to fuel his fire, and justify his actions. Undoubtedly, CW suffers from more than a personality disorder, but omitting the definitions and discussion of psychopaths and sociopaths here is intentional. I believe it's very serious stuff, and I'm not qualified to present it. Providing link below. All MOO].

Because of their fear of abandonment, they will try to control you through emotional, psychological and sometimes physical abuse. They will not care how this abuse affects you. They will not care if they have traumatized you, hurt you or that they are grounding your self-esteem into dust. The effects of their abuse do not generally even register with them.

Even if a Narcissist targeted you because of your wealth, business, fame, talent or connections, they will quickly start to resent you for these things. They are not supporters. They don’t do the cheerleader role. They will try to assert their control and methodically try to take over and try to take credit for your success, by undermining, demeaning and manipulating.

They will attack you verbally, emotionally sometimes physically if they feel that their ego is being threatened. You will usually be their emotional punching bag when things go wrong for them.

They have no interest in your growth and expansion. They don’t care about what’s best for you, your happiness or success. They will try to suppress these things, to maintain your compliance and their control.

They will make it very unpleasant for you to maintain outside relationships with family and friends. They want you there, focusing and serving them. They don’t want you to get any ideas, any hint of a better life. They don’t want people that love you to reach out and give you options, so any time you want to go out and socialize without them there will be a problem.

They will think nothing of flirting, spending time with or giving attention to another in your presence. They seek to be revered and the center of attention, it will not compute that their behavior is inappropriate or upsetting you. In fact, they will thrive on pitting one against the other, a term called triangulation. They love the feelings and attention that your jealousy gives them.

Nothing is ever equal. On matters that they care about they will insist on complete domination. In matters that don’t, they will not lift a finger to help or compromise.

They will not love you for you. They will constantly be trying to change you. They will criticize you and never let you feel comfortable in your own skin.

Their presence and energy will dominate your space. You won’t be able to work or focus on your own projects.

You will never be able to trust them. You will walk on egg shells because you will never know what’s coming or when the next shoe will drop. There is no relaxing, only high stress and anxiety.

You will never feel truly loved. You will never feel comfortable. You will never feel safe.

Why didn’t your relationship work? Stop searching. Stop looking for a way to make it your fault. If your relationship resembled many of the above behaviors, it’s time to stop obsessing. Stop the FBI analysis and start accepting the truth. Your relationship didn’t work out because you were involved with someone who has a Personality Disorder. It never had a chance.

Fair Use Act Disclaimer

This post is for education purposes only.

Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.

www.esteemology.com, a website dedicated to educating and healing survivors of abusive relationships.

Psychopaths versus sociopaths: what is the difference?

Perplexing - as of July 31st she sounds genuinely excited to be going home on Aug 7th - just doesn't sound like she's about to have a "I'm leaving you" conversation with him, judging by this one.

Shanann Watts: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Could it possibly be that maybe he wanted to leave her and not the other way around? Maybe she didn't want to go because she wasn't actually making much money and raising 3 children alone is a hefty task. Just a thought.

Me either....
Does anyone know how much she sold for the year?
Sales will fluctuate according to the seasons.

maybe there could be a good month or two

but when living in $ troulbe what is needed is predictable income

to manage

he provided that

but for some reason i think he had not employed for while

makes no sense to me either

Did you guys notice in one of the interviews he says “Bella WAS going to start kindergarten”
Guilty. You don’t speak of them in past tense if they are missing.

Yes. I think he's actually pretty good at using present tense for most of the interviews. I think he's nervous and feeling somewhat guilty and scared of being caught. But his affect is pretty emotionless for a person in his position.

I've said before that I don't think he's full psycho because he betrays some emotion that evidences nervousness about being caught, which true psychopaths don't have, and I sense emotion, some remorse about his kids (not his wife, BTW), but he managed to hold it together pretty well.

I think he has a history of lying and people believing him.

But as others have said he's not that smart. What gets me more than a couple past tense slip ups is his seeming surety that his kids would not be home the night. That struck me right away. As someone who has been through having family missing for several days and likely dead, you hold onto hope for a long time, coming up with improbable scenarios to explain how they're going to reappear, safe.

Every phone call is going to be them or news that they're safe. The hope that comes from love.

But he couldn't spend another night without them. That was a big red flag for me.

Dan Abram and Brad Garrett discussion public statements ABC Nightline
'I hope it's a boy for him,' pregnant wife said weeks before husband allegedly killed her, 2 daughters

'I hope it's a boy for him': Pregnant wife, weeks before husband allegedly killed her

NA said she became immediately concerned about Watts when she didn't hear from her on the day she went missing. She said Watts had plans to see her doctor that day and missed the appointment.

She said she drove to the Watts' family home that day just as Chris Watts was pulling into the driveway.

I thought she called CW, who said he saw her on the doorbell camera, then he raced home...I guess I just assumed that she waited for him there. Is anyone else confused, or is it just me?

There were pictures of her with Thrive people in NC .. maybe she was working there to recruit more people . I was involved in MLM once . Eventually you ran out of people you know around you . Your friends are the first ones you try to recruit , They encourage you to do so .

This is exactly what I thought - she was killing two birds with one stone, visiting her family and maybe helping her mom with the salon, but also growing her business there.

Her brother said, "She's the hardest working person I know."

I apologize in advance if this was already discussed as I have not been able to go thru every post. After rewatching the interview in front of the house the female interviewer starts talking then stops and asks CW about his t-shirt. The natural reflex from him was to release his arms and look down. He then goes on to comment about the shirt. I believe the interviewer does this on purpose to see if she can detect any type of injury to his right arm as he is holding is quite awkardly throughout the interview. MOO. Any thoughts?

I can't see ANY remorse. It's like he has no emotion. Watching that interview he doesn't even wince like he is even trying to hold anything back. He is too calm. Too smooth. It makes my stomach turn.

I don't know. He's smooth. But I saw something. He swallows hard after saying and spelling his kids' names. And he had a kind of shadow pass over his face a couple times.

No emotion like a normal human. But there was something that made me think he was feeling something as likely to confess soon. And he did.

A full psycho would never do so unless taunting people with a confession.

This is creepy. Does anyone know if this is standard?

I noticed that one of SW's friends posted on SM that no one should be talking to the media. She seemed to be worried about compromising the investigation.

It is absolutely standard. In every criminal case pretty much.

I'm glad her friends aren't talking to the media. Talk to the police. That's all they need to do. And maybe a psychologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain