Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies in advance, I'm about to bring up the strange encounter regarding missing girl in library again:

Was it a police officer that approached Mollie in the library? Is it possible it was someone posing as someone in a position of authority? Perhaps establishing himself as such, only to reaproach Mollie later on the day of her own disappearance? It's a far fetched observation, but such a strange coincidence that she'd be approached about a disappearance before HER disappearance.

Apologies in advance, I'm about to bring up the strange encounter regarding missing girl in library again:

Was it a police officer that approached Mollie in the library? Is it possible it was someone posing as someone in a position of authority? Perhaps establishing himself as such, only to reaproach Mollie later on the day of her own disappearance? It's a far fetched observation, but such a strange coincidence that she'd be approached about a disappearance before HER disappearance.

How does something that happened in a Library in another city last year connect to Mollie's disappearance while jogging?

So I thought we were not allowed to discuss DJ? But if so I know I just said I was done with Twitter....but on her account there are a few references to not wanting to settle down too early or only being with one man your whole life.

Mollie’s own postings can be discussed...ad naseum apparently...jmo

I keep reading about the library. Did something happen there we know about?

According to a pinned post on MT's social media, she was approached by LE in her college library, last year, because the LEO mistook her for a 12 year old in a pink coat who was reported missing. Apparently MT was also wearing pink outerwear that day. Much has been made up-post about the possibility that the involved LE could be a stalker and her abductors. Anything is possible. What do you think? Maybe we should stop beating this dead cat?

Last edited:
I've thought about this before...how likely would it be for someone to drive by and possibly witness something. I came to the conclusion at the time that it is not really very likely because of one thing. DJ house is one of the last homes on the street. To the side of the property is HWY 170 I believe it is called is a dirt road. If remaining on his steet shortly after his house it turns into a dirt road heading to RT 6. JMO but it's summer and I would think people might avoid using either of those roads as a crossover to where they are going simply because they are dirt roads that would either be throwing up dust all over your car, into the car if it was dry, or if wet then muddy puddles.

As someone that has a very dark car dirt shows up very easily and it drives me nuts driving around in a filthy car. I just know if it was me I would go in the other direction up the street to avoid the dirt roads therefore less likely I would witness anything happening on his property. So for me the traffic would not appear to be that great and only traffic going to or coming from that farmhouse after DJ's would intentionlly go that way unless of course someone is driving an old truck that could care less about the dust/mud.

170th Street, not HWY 170. It's gravel, not dirt. People in these parts aren't particularly averse to driving on gravel roads because at times it's unavoidable.

West DesMoines turns into 385th Street just past the house. It is a level B dirt road, but it appears to be in decent shape and is only dirt for a short distance. I would expect that in dry weather people in this neighborhood would use this traveling to and from Grinnell to avoid driving into town and doubling back to get home or to the highway.

I doubt it's a busy street, but I would bet that someone drives by at least every 10 minutes or so in the evening hours.

I think it's quite possible that the abductor went to Brooklyn to get gas or a meal, and possibly a carwash. I view the abduction of Mollie as a crime of opportunity, so the person responsible would not have been avoiding detection and cameras until after Mollie's abduction.

IF it was a semi, possibly locally owned, the car wash might have been for a clean up/vacuum. I'm not sure before or after, probably after a run on a Wednesday. Along comes Mollie.

They (LE) said ping from Fit Bit at one point, though we have since been told by many that these gadgets do not “ping” but something seems to have done so.

I must’ve missed that. LE said they got a “ping” from her cellphone?

This information has been posted here before, but here it is again:

"This is a new arena for us. That's part of the reason we called the FBI in. It's probably pretty new to them, too," Mitch Mortvedt, spokesman for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told CNN. "I don't know of another case here in Iowa where we have used specifically Fitbit info."

When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said."

Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts

I believe the word "ping" references a digital signature. Police admit that this is a "new arena" for them, and they may not use the best words to reference the digital evidence.

now there's a freaky new avenue to explore..yes I agree this is odd and should be looked at..how many SK's and SO's have posed as LE in order to
gain the trust of a victim?

this is not out of the realm. MOO

This information has been posted here before, but here it is again:

"This is a new arena for us. That's part of the reason we called the FBI in. It's probably pretty new to them, too," Mitch Mortvedt, spokesman for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told CNN. "I don't know of another case here in Iowa where we have used specifically Fitbit info."

When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said."

Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts

I believe the word "ping" references a digital signature. Police admit that this is a "new arena" for them, and they may not use the best words to reference the digital evidence.
Thank you Otto! I can go to work for a single shift and return and be two entire threads behind.

Dear SharonNeedles,

I am starting to think that perhaps a car was not involved.

Maybe even not initially?

What are your thoughts on this?
I agree. I think this is just some creeper who lives in this town who fits in very well. How difficult would it be for this person to wave and smile at MT every time she jogged by their yard/house however on this peculiar date they motioned for her to stop and talk for whatever reason and stunned/nabbed her? Some of these farm houses are very isolated.

Looking at the videos @SharonNeedles shot, I did notice quite a few semis, mainly just the cabs or "tractors" without the trailers.
They are excellent crime scenes, hiding places and get-away vehicles.
Anyone have any idea if and when local LE/State Patrol started stopping the traffic to check the vehicles in and around Brooklyn?
The trunks also...
Thanks in advance (TIA)
chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads