Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Mollie and her family along with Lucas Hernandez and his family. And for everyone else who is missing, murdered or lost in any way.
This goes out to Brooklyn, Iowa with love.
19567.jpg

Agreed! LE knows what they are doing even if the public doesn't . It is not the publics place to know everything. Perhaps they have had a suspect all along, but advertising they "had nothing" lulled him into a sense of security so they could surveil his commings and goings. Mollie was found at a place already searched, so who knows maybe they followed him this morning to the placement of Mollie.
Could have been someone close to the investigation or someone with access to it.

JMO

It's dreadful news albeit not unexpected. Poor sweet girl.

Do we know where she was found?

MOO! I do not think that WC had anything to do with Mollie's death. I do however think police have had reason to believe that they would find her on his land, which is what I think has happened. I also think I know why they interviewed him so many times. For my other suspicions I will sit on my hands for a while, but things seem to be adding up and this case will stay national news for a long time in MOO.

I think you and I are on the same page. Things are adding up....

I'm seeing some SM that has been wiped pretty recently.

OT-ish but no one in my real life knows I follow cases on WS...I live alone with my pets so no one gets a look at my tablet. Selfish thought but it makes it doubly weird and sad when someone is found dead like this...as it almost seems “unreal” in a way. I can’t exactly say why I might be feeling sad or acting weird...not without going into a whole lot of explaining....anyway...
Passing the tissues, cluciano. It does feel so unreal, especially when it's someone so young and alive. I'm still sitting here hoping they'll come back and say it's not her. Makes no sense. I think we're all in the same boat.

It will be interesting to hear what clothing is found with Mollie's body. Should give an indication when she was taken. But I suspect that LE has always had a good idea when she disappareared. I think they had some sort of phone signal location and that would come with a time stamp. I agree with the poster above that that is likely why the pig farm was searched, not necessarily that they suspected that owner, but something led them to that location.

My vote is Foul play. How was MT able to send a snap chat message at 10:30 p.m. and the photo looked like she was inside a house? Along with the other evidence we know from the timeline LE created.

I don't believe she was out jogging at midnight.
I dont think that pic is reliable. JMO

Hopefully, sig
Following...

Hoping for some answers at the press conference at 5PM

Hopefully, significant info about the perp, and not limited to body located. Interested in finding out, HOW this d
Yes, totally! The entitlement factor of the public, because they learn about a case, start following it, get emotionally attached, and think they should be told everything by LE and investigators, as well as consulted for their thoughts is rampant. It happens in every big case where there's a crime committed.

From a retired LE person, LE greatly appreciates your supportive sentiments.

I have spent most of my time, on this site, defending their integrity. From absolutely baseless criticism, IMO.
Just today, upon this heart breaking development, a poster said that LE WAS SELFISH in this investigation! A cheap shot, if I have ever heard one! The poster misses the whole purpose of this investigation. It Is for the apprehension of this non-human being; not to provide a "play by play" reporting, like a sporting event.
Yes, it is a very very sad day...in many respects.

According to KCCIs live reporter the area that is blocked off is off the gravel road by Kwik Star gas #303, exit 201 on 21 ... that’s about 10 miles from the house where Mollie was staying

Google Maps

“ TELL US MORE ABOUT WHERE YOU ARE. YOU ARE SOUTHEAST OF THE TOWN OF BROOKLYN BETWEEN GUERNSEY AND DEEP RIVER ALONG HIGHWAY 21? >> THAT IS RIGHT. WE JUST TO EXIT 201 AND A RIGHT DOWN THE STREET AT THE QUICKSTART GAS STATION. RIGHT OFF THIS IS THE GRAVEL ROAD. THIS MAY BE THE SCENE OF WHERE THE POSSIBLE BODY HAS BEEN FOUND . WE ARE JUST EIGHT MINUTES AWAY FROM THAT EXIT OFF THE INTERSTA. ”

Oh wow. Trucker?

This is MOO, but as someone who has suffered from severe depression to the point of attempting suicide, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that a suicidal person would go for a jog if they were planning on committing suicide that day. Regular exercise, being in contact with family are more tied to good mental health than signs of depression. It just doesn't add up to me on any level. Speaking for myself, I would NEVER want my parents and loved ones to wonder what happened and where I was for so long. Also, Mollie seems like somebody conscientious enough to at least leave a note for her loving family. It just doesn't add up to me, but that is only my opinion and perspective.

I'm trying to read backwards but am impatient so if someone wants to respond with the following without getting annoyed, please feel free:

- Heard rumors of a press conference, what are the details of that?
- Has anyone overlaid possible location to any of our maps.

Scroll and roll if you must. Trying to catch up.

I had to take a step back from this case last week. My oldest son was about to head off to college as a freshman, and this case had been consuming me. Ironically, it was my son who texted me the news this morning. I cried for this young woman who I never knew, but felt as if I did. I am trying to take solace in the fact that at least Mollie’s family won’t have to forever wonder about her fate. But this is just hard news, whether it was an expected likely outcome or not.
I had too as well and I felt so guilty when I stepped back. I felt that Mollie was no longer with us but it was so different just thinking it than hearing it this morning.

Hopefully, sig

Hopefully, significant info about the perp, and not limited to body located. Interested in finding out, HOW this d

From a retired LE person, LE greatly appreciates your supportive sentiments.

I have spent most of my time, on this site, defending their integrity. From absolutely baseless criticism, IMO.
Just today, upon this heart breaking development, a poster said that LE WAS SELFISH in this investigation! A cheap shot, if I have ever heard one! The poster misses the whole purpose of this investigation. It Is for the apprehension of this non-human being; not to provide a "play by play" reporting, like a sporting event.
Yes, it is a very very sad day...in many respects.
Mag, people are grieving and some of that comes across as anger and frustration. As a prior LE you know how this goes. We all realize the blame lies with the scum that killed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucasmiller