Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our daughter had her social stolen and someone filed in her name and tried to claim a refund, so the IRS rejected her filing when we submitted it, it was a real pain to figure out. Her social security number was stolen in an online breach which we know happen all the time.

How does this claiming of a refund work? It is something that seems to happen each year by people who’ve stolen someone else’s SS number-but how do they do it, without the additional information from your W-2?

A couple of sleuthers early on - don't recall their names - advocated she was possibly hit by a car while jogging and then abducted by the driver that hit her. Whoever that was, you were closer to being right than anyone else.
It is pretty close to that, & "road rage" scenario, yeah. But this guy is just a raging lunatic in general. IMO the ones who kept insisting she never made it back to DJs were spot on, too. And the ones who said he probably knew her. I think he did know her before this. The brazen part though, so brazen and the length of time she was missing made me think SK. It may turn out he has other victims.

Honestly, as a female, I find his preliminary story quite believable.

I have certainly had creeps in cars pull alongside where I'm walking and be flirty or be downright crude. I have most definitely encountered men that will walk along side you, walk ahead of you but turned around, put their arm around you, etc. with the same flirty to crude behavior.

This doesn't just happen on isolated stretches of road. It happens on suburban streets, in malls, in schools.

Their demeanor often changes from one of smiling and "seeming" friendly to hostile as soon as you start to rebuff or pull away.

I can almost picture the encounter in my mind and I feel so so upset for Mollie that this creep was dead serious.

Sorry trying to catch up this morning but, I 10000% agree with you! I'm 30 years old and I feel like I have been in the same situation on more than one occasion. I would never have thought "this guy is going to murder me" but instead just brushed it off and forgotten about it. It makes my stomach flip to think what if one of those guys had aggressively come after me. Cannot wait to see the book thrown at this monster

I know. And the people that he lived with...knew he wasn’t around that night. And you can’t ask someone to cover for you or that person gets suspicious. What did he tell people was his alibi??
They prob. didn't dare say anything because I suspect some/most/all of them may be illegals as well. Just to go to the authorities would put themselves at risk. Plus, if they spoke only Spanish and lived in a communal house/situation would they have even known about MT?

There is absolutely nothing in that stretch of gravel road and with any small hill it would be completely hidden from view. When I was a teenager I used to walk on similar rural road and would often think that if someone wanted to abduct me it would be the perfect place to do it.

True, and I'm the one who pointed out that that specific location would be the most ideal if she was abducted in town, but the 385th junction is likely pretty busy that time of evening with folks moving to and fro, and there are even a few homes in that direct area, so in my view either he was A) incredibly lucky that no one saw or heard her fight/scream/resist while he was physically subduing her or B) using a means of submission that prevented her from fighting/screaming/resisting in the first place. B would be more likely, but A certainly isn't impossible.

JMO.

Hi! This is my first post but I’ve been reading the threads for weeks. I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether CR could have known Mollie’s boyfriend would be out of town via any social media posts and that this in fact was premeditated days or weeks before she was abducted. It’s my understanding that first degree murder is premeditated. Thank you for any insight you guys can give.
I believe he knew of Mollie and her jogging and that her brothers and boyfriend were away. It's a small town... everyone knows everyone especially if they live fairly close. A jogger covers quite a bit of ground in one run so many people must have seen her and she was pretty and young.

I grew up in a small Iowa town of 2000 people and it's amazing what people know about other people. People drive around just to see what's happened in the town and then talk on the phone. It's amazing how word of mouth travels

CR's girlfriend shared a class with Mollie at school, and were also friends on facebook. Interestingly, the girlfriend was also friends with Mollie's brothers on Facebook too. Not a stretch at all to think they at the very least knew of each other, as acquaintances.
Wouldn’t it be the saddest thing if they did have a convo...that she knew of him or knew he advances on girls. “Hey Mollie...want to go for a drive?” “Hey Cris...no thanks want to finish my run”. “Come on Mollie, I know Dalton is out of town what’s the big deal?” Mollie starts to feel threatened. Then says listen I’m going to call the cops if you don’t back off. He’s rejected and angry.

Just a possible scenario since there is a link and I can’t imagine with him having a young child and the mother being in her class...she would be aware of who the father was. No clue. Or there could have been no conversation at all. Just attack. Either way, devastating.

Is there a way for a person to set up a voice command to call LE from a cell? I know with mine I don't have to go through the passcode. I just swipe the tiny phone in the lower corner and EMERGENCY CALL appears. I have never clicked on it but I assume it will call 911. Anyone know? Used it?

Mollie had an IPHONE right. I don't know how they differ from mine. Anyone?
yes, this should be an option. i remember that awful story not too long ago of that high school student who got trapped under a seat in his car and couldn't reach his phone but was able to call 911 through voice command.

WS rules specify we need to provide a link when stating something as fact.

But back to my question. Is your theory he was afraid ICE was going to be called so he murdered her?

Your still not reading my posts correctly, can't help you with that; but yes that is my theory with what we know at this present time.

I wonder why he confessed and led them to her body. They only had the video of him following her in the car. He could have denied that he spoke to her or anything else and they had nothing to show otherwise. Maybe they tricked him and said we have you on tape talking to her or something.

Maybe he was releived to stop looking over his shoulder. Perhaps, knowing that Iowa has no death penalty, he thought that he might be able to walk after 8 or 10 years for manslaughter. He did not lawyer up, and may be enough of a narcissist to believe that he is master of his own destiny.

My sociopath "stepdaughter" took 3 days to abuse/torture her 12 y/o daughter to death. For the first several months, she believed that if she could simply talk to the judge, she could explain what happened and walk away. The 80 IQ husband who assisted her in the crime got life w/o parole in Parchman Prison Plantation. She got 20 years and walked out last December after serving only 12 and a 1/4 years. Sociopaths don't view the world the same way as the rest of us.

It is pretty close to that, & "road rage" scenario, yeah. But this guy is just a raging lunatic in general. IMO the ones who kept insisting she never made it back to DJs were spot on, too. And the ones who said he probably knew her. I think he did know her before this. The brazen part though, so brazen and the length of time she was missing made me think SK. It may turn out he has other victims.

This guy was not just out for a drive when he randomly and suddenly decided to pursue Mollie for whatever purpose. When he got in that car, he knew what he was looking to do. IMO.

Yes, and one report said "frame by frame."
And that is so time-consuming. I had to review footage for a thief where I work just last week, and I skipped ahead to a 4 second interval, then 8. That risked losing what was on camera (but I did find the person I was looking for). LE probably had countless hours from area businesses & residents. So to be thorough, one has to sit & watch it in real time as the frames go by in real time.

True, and I'm the one who pointed out that that specific location would be the most ideal if she was abducted in town, but the 385th junction is likely pretty busy that time of evening with folks moving to and fro, and there are even a few homes in that direct area, so in my view either he was A) incredibly lucky that no one saw or heard her fight/scream/resist while he was physically subduing her or B) using a means of submission that prevented her from fighting/screaming/resisting in the first place. B would be more likely, but A certainly isn't impossible.

JMO.
I created a possible jogging map and posted it too btw, neither here nor there. I used to live on a paved road that saw traffic maybe a car or two every 10 minutes. I think it happened quickly and he was lucky.

How does this claiming of a refund work? It is something that seems to happen each year by people who’ve stolen someone else’s SS number-but how do they do it, without the additional information from your W-2?

I can only speculate for my daughter but social security numbers are generally stored with other information such as her address and birthday, so they have all the information they need. Jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare